Xscape General Discussion

Where can I get slavetotherhythm extended version played at BBA. I noticed the xscape version is cut short. the end is best part!

Epic Records chairman L.A. Reid said the BBMA premiere of Michael Jackson's "Slave to Rhythm" did not necessarily mean it would be the follow-up single to "Love Never Felt So Good." "It's certainly one of the songs (being considered)," Reid said, noting they would be studying feedback from Sunday's performance. "We pick the first single; fans pick the second."

Jackie Jackson started to tear up as he recalled watching "Slave to Rhythm" in the audience at the MGM Grand Arena. "When he started walking and dancing, I was teary-eyed," he said as he hugged the choreographers Rich and Tone Talauega. "It's hard to please Michael's fans and Michael... I'm telling you it's amazing."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/e...nts-billboard-music-awards?utm_source=twitter

So, I just watched the performance a couple of more times.
I am really impressed with the whole setup of the performance! The only thing I am unimpressed with is the impersonator that they used instead of Michael! In my opinion you could have found someone much better and someone who knew how to do the moonwalk!

I'm confused...
So, it was an impersonator?

Last edited:
They should go with APWNN for a second single. It's the most catchy and radio-friendly and it became the most downloaded after LNFSG.

I did not like APWNN at first - but now I love it!!

Loving You is still my favorite! - But APWNN could be my second favorite!

But then again - this album is filled with only good songs. I really love all 8 songs!!

I never thought I would feel that way about a MJ album again. - Pure joy like only MJ can do it !!

My single choices

Slave To The Rhythm
Xscape
A Place With No Name
Do You Know Where Your Children Are (original version)
Loving You

STTR is an obvious choise.

I just hope Loving You, Chicago, APWNN, DYKWYCA and Xscape are also released as singles!!!

Maybe Blu Gangsta too !!

This release demands and deserves 8 singles !!!!

The hologram performance was actually pretty cool. If anyone actually expected it to compete with Michael, though, you need to sort out your priorities.

Slave to the Rhythm is undoubtedly going to be the next single. There's a reason they chose that song to perform at the show.

Why do the people want APWNN as the next single so bad?

Last edited:
The hologram performance was actually pretty cool. If anyone actually expected it to compete with Michael, though, you need to sort out your priorities.

Slave to the Rhythm is undoubtedly going to be the next single. There's a reason they chose that song to perform at the show.

Nobody expected it to compete with Michael. They expected it to be good. This whole "you expected Michael to come back" theory is started by those fellow forum members, who seemingly can't stand anything negative when in regards to Estate products.

I think the next single after STTR should be Chicago. I think it's one of the four radio friendly songs on the album.

Wonder what..

STTR is #311 back Yesterday...Now Its #39 in us ..Climbing Up the Charts Via ITUNES :)

Undoubtedly? Really? Again, AlwaysThere?
(What i mean: Opinion & Fact, still 2 different things.)

It could simply have been a great advertisement to buy the album!
I think it would be actually more clever to release promotional songs - to get people buy the whole album instead of a single.
Besides, to me the past meaning of a single is completely lost, when i can buy each song separately on iTunes.
I'd say visualize each song (in other words create videos or some kind of performances to each song) release the best liked tracks to radio & hope for/create ongoing sales of the album.

Could those who have contact with MJOnline Team. Let them know that we like the version of Slave to the Rhythm used in BBM. I love the breakdown bit the music and drama of it was so cool and the addlibs Rhythm of Love Love Love - I hope they release this as a single mix or extended mix - anyone else

I think Loving You is a wonderful song.

The piano, the melody, the lyrics - the voice!

Perfection !

I just bought my copy! They didn't have the deluxe edition so I decided to buy the normal edition.... But I'm regretting it :(

Back