Xscape General Discussion

I wish they would remix Off The Wall. I can't listen to it anymore. It just sounds too dated. I need it to sound like today, because that's the only way it can be good. Everybody knows everything from the past sucks. They should re-shoot Motown 25 with todays artists as well. All those old fashioned clothes and hairstyles. So dated. The new CGI Michael should do a 100 meter moonwalk, spin 5000 times and land and stay on his toes for 1 whole minute.

OMG you didn't just say what you said ...OTW is NOT dated..OTW is PERFECT!I really, really hope they won't touch it .

I wish they would remix Off The Wall. I can't listen to it anymore. It just sounds too dated. I need it to sound like today, because that's the only way it can be good. Everybody knows everything from the past sucks. They should re-shoot Motown 25 with todays artists as well. All those old fashioned clothes and hairstyles. So dated. The new CGI Michael should do a 100 meter moonwalk, spin 5000 times and land and stay on his toes for 1 whole minute.

The sarcasm. It hurts

Justin Timberlake ‏@jtimberlaketeam #LoveNeverFeltSoGood reaches top 10 in UK this week alongside #XSCAPE debuting #1 there. MJ's power.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
OH NO THEY DIDN’T: The Black Keys’ duel with Michael Jackson to rule this week’s album chart just got very personal. Having already dissed Epic’s new from-the-vault set, XSCAPE, the band’s Patrick Carney told MTV News, “It’s the classic story of Dan [Auerbach] and I. We want to have a #1 album, but Michael Jackson releases something from the grave and cockblocks us.” In a prior interview with Rolling Stone, Carney referred to XCAPE as “some ****ing bullshit that sucks so bad that it took them three years after he died to make it listenable. Like he had to be dead for three years for it to be released.” Classy, right? “They are trashing an album they haven't even listened to,” Jackson estate manager and uber-attorney John Branca shot back, adding, “We are formally extending to them an offer of four free tickets to the Michael Jackson ONE show in Las Vegas so they can continue their education.” Stay tuned for updates on this throwdown, and keep an eye on our Album Sales Chart as the two records tussle for the top spot

The whole topic of CGI from the BBMA's has just reminded me of an old thought I had a while back... What if they used that technology to create a MJ video game? Something like an updated Moonwalker game (guys remember that classic?) but on platforms for the PS3 console, the Wii, etc. I could at least imagine a CGI Michael in a setting such as that. There would be quests and objectives as such in the search for Annie (something like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls if anyone is familiar with such titles, since those involved CGI too)... someone please mention this idea to the MJOnlineTeam if such suggestions or ideas from fans are allowed! If they really invested in it with a good plot, in contact with great developers. I think it would just be cool! :yes: The thing that's legendary about MJ is that his music and short films are little novels on their own, something like updating and expanding the dark plot of "Smooth Criminal" would be epic, bringing a whole new world to his medium of music. That's a game for sure I would spend hours playing. Any thoughts?

Back on topic to Xscape though, I'm really happy to see Michael being praised and in the spotlight again where he deserves to be. Just seeing his pictures and music snippets being played on the news followed by positive words is really refreshing. This is definitely a new era apart from the fiasco the Michael album was. :)

Paris78;4009551 said:
Justin Timberlake ‏@jtimberlaketeam #LoveNeverFeltSoGood reaches top 10 in UK this week alongside #XSCAPE debuting #1 there. MJ's power.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
OH NO THEY DIDN’T: The Black Keys’ duel with Michael Jackson to rule this week’s album chart just got very personal. Having already dissed Epic’s new from-the-vault set, XSCAPE, the band’s Patrick Carney told MTV News, “It’s the classic story of Dan [Auerbach] and I. We want to have a #1 album, but Michael Jackson releases something from the grave and cockblocks us.” In a prior interview with Rolling Stone, Carney referred to XCAPE as “some ****ing bullshit that sucks so bad that it took them three years after he died to make it listenable. Like he had to be dead for three years for it to be released.” Classy, right? “They are trashing an album they haven't even listened to,” Jackson estate manager and uber-attorney John Branca shot back, adding, “We are formally extending to them an offer of four free tickets to the Michael Jackson ONE show in Las Vegas so they can continue their education.” Stay tuned for updates on this throwdown, and keep an eye on our Album Sales Chart as the two records tussle for the top spot

Nice one John Branca! .....*highfive*

I'm really pleased with the album on the whole ! Some songs could have been done better (more MJ influence for me), but on the whole it sounds great and we have the demos I really can't complain. It's great to have MJ back where he belongs number 1 across the World !!!

If STTR does become the 2nd single, I hope the cover would look like this.

YK0WUN4.png

I'm loving the title track more and more. We're talking HIStory/Blood On The Dance Floor style here and it's awesome

New member here, just wanted to say that I love Xscape. My ranking:

1. A Place with No Name
2. Love Never Felt So Good
3. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
4. Loving You
5. Chicago
6. Xscape
7. Slave to the Rhythm
8. Blue Gangsta

I really like the new production on each song, and there isn't a cut I dislike.

He only had 3 days?

Thats why the drop sounds like crap... -.-

He only had 3 days?

Thats why the drop sounds like crap... -.-

I don't like that kind of music (party music) but that was amazing! That crowd LOVED IT. Thank you Fedde for bringing MJ's music to such masses of different music lovers.

Spread MJ's music - let people enjoy it.

It's all about love - The more people who hears it and feels it the better.

Oh snap, WHES is back!

Just wanted to chime in and say that I think the album is really good, much much better than the effort they put forth with Michael. The one thing I don't get is the hate here for APWWN. I think Stargate did a really fantastic job with it, and I think it's something Michael really would have loved. The minimalistic funk goes perfectly with MJ's funky voice. It reminds me a bit of The Way You Make Me Feel. Obviously, Slave to the Rhythm is just a hit. It really makes me wish that MJ had gone...ummm, another direction with Invincible. Don't get me wrong, there is some good material on the album, and I think Whatever Happens is truly great, but seeing what Timbaland can do really makes you wonder what could have been. I think Jerkins has been stuck in 1999 for 15 years now unfortunately.

Anyway, I haven't been around at all the past few years, but did want to pop in and say hello with this album. I go back to the original MJJF back to 2001, I believe.

Any of the oldies still around here? Trish still pop in? Bee?

Good to be back, ya'lls!

I like the tape warble on Loving You (original), as Timbaland pointed out in the documentary.

uh i don't know about another hologram. I mean not that I wouldn't mind another mj hologram, but something tells me some fans still wont be satisfy with the next one, and all hell will break loose again. so IMO I think we should just hang it up for awhile on the hologram.

plus I can just hear the media complaining enough, enough, we don't want to see it anymore. and I don't feel like hearing their whining.

Back