Xscape General Discussion

Fans WILL be satisfied if it actually looks and moves even remotely similar to Michael, and actually looks like the thing it's advertised as, a hologram. And if not, we'd still be satisfied if the Estate would just stop trying to insult our intelligence by claiming there were no impersonators used...

This is next time I mean, should they ever try to do this again.

For the hologram I must say I loved the audio remix. I appreciate the effort to bring back MJ's magic, but the impersonator was like a blob unable to dance and moonwalk.

The idea is good. I am not against the hologram, but there is still a lot of room to improve all the flaws that this MJ experience contained.

My 1 cent and a half suggestion is to use a much better impersonator (and there are a lot out there, see videos hereunder) and not to show the face, but to hide it in the shadow so we do'nt see it's an impersonator.

Here are some excellent dance-move impersonators:

[youtube]1DdBLOSeYxc[/youtube]

[youtube]cn-NsWRtaSY[/youtube]

^^Just imagine if they put Kenichi Ebina in a green room with sensors on him and make a computerized short movie for a MJ song. It would be just amazing! For the info Kenichi Ebina is a MJ fan and has studied all MJ's moves and came up with his own style. Is there anyway to suggest this to the Estate?

Take a look what he did all by himself (his ideas, his moves), and imagien what could have been done if he worked with a professional team:

[youtube]K3ypnsduDac[/youtube]

You do realise what the estate went for dont you everyone?
Equivalent or better 25th billie jean performance and all though there IS controversy imo I consider with the use of this new technology thats what they done.
It does not matter what hardcore think to much of, the reaction has been worldwide totally positive!
This could send xscape the way thriller went. Lets wait and see.

Terry

I've only seen it once (before it got taken down from YT, is there anywhere else I can see it?)

Anyway, I loved it.

Much like watching 24 or Finding Nemo, you have to suspend your disbelief for a few minutes & just imagine. Yes, an impersonator may have been involved.

But remember Man In The Mirror finale on the Dangerous Tour? Well, kids, I got news for you...that wasn't Michael flying over your heads at the end? And I don't remember any big disclaimer telling you.

Also, I love...love....love the album. Best MJ time of my life since HIStory.

I've only seen it once (before it got taken down from YT, is there anywhere else I can see it?)

Anyway, I loved it.

Much like watching 24 or Finding Nemo, you have to suspend your disbelief for a few minutes & just imagine. Yes, an impersonator may have been involved.

But remember Man In The Mirror finale on the Dangerous Tour? Well, kids, I got news for you...that wasn't Michael flying over your heads at the end? And I don't remember any big disclaimer telling you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDRTghGZ7XU

If it was about the Visual MJ :)

Anyway, I loved it.

The album is fantastic. So catchy and listenable.

8vx4pk.jpg

Here's a new unofficial video for you all! (Hopefully to diminish the hologram blues, in some cases at least.) Hope you like! :)

Fans WILL be satisfied if it actually looks and moves even remotely similar to Michael, and actually looks like the thing it's advertised as, a hologram. And if not, we'd still be satisfied if the Estate would just stop trying to insult our intelligence by claiming there were no impersonators used...

This is next time I mean, should they ever try to do this again.

It was never advertised as hologram. It was always advertised as "Virtual Michael" and "King Of Pop Illusion". It's entirely your fault that you believe everything the media says. You believe Roger Friedman, Diane Demon, Bashir?? They are journalists, their job is to lie and sell false information.

Not once did the Estate, Jamie King, Talauega brothers, Billboard awards people, Sony people or LA Reid called it a hologram. Roger Friedman did. And media alike.

Last edited:
It was billed as the "Michael Jackson Experience" on Billboard. It is an illusion .. (Magic) .. however they created it. If they need to use a human model/dancer to do it. I don't mind. The production and set and performance was Beautiful. after the feedback they received hopefully they will perfect the image and the moves.

It was billed as the "Michael Jackson Experience" on Billboard. It is an illusion .. (Magic) .. however they created it. If they need to use a human model/dancer to do it. I don't mind. The production and set and performance was Beautiful. after the feedback they received hopefully they will perfect the image and the moves.

The problem here is transparency just like with MICHAEL album. Xscape project was amazing, they gave us the original versions so we can see what they've done with them.

Virtual MJ was a good idea but poorly executed. An official statement (real one, not false MICHAEL album one) would be nice and essential..in my opinion. If they didn't use an impersonator and if it is really 100% "virtual human being, a 3D Avatar" like they said..they have nothing to hide. Some kind of "Making Of" on Vevo or youtube would be right thing to do. Some explanation of the technology used.

Everything they do needs to be transparent and not hidden and in the fog.

^^Just imagine if they put Kenichi Ebina in a green room with sensors on him and make a computerized short movie for a MJ song. It would be just amazing! For the info Kenichi Ebina is a MJ fan and has studied all MJ's moves and came up with his own style. Is there anyway to suggest this to the Estate?

Take a look what he did all by himself (his ideas, his moves), and imagien what could have been done if he worked with a professional team:

[youtube]K3ypnsduDac[/youtube]

I remember this guy. Just watched his MJ tribute and I think he's better than any MJ impersonator out there. He would have done amazingly with the Billboard performance.

Just heard that streamings on Streaming-plattforms does count on the german charts since January 2014, it's a new rule in the german Charts, and because Kollegahs Album could be streaming since 5 months and 17 tracks could have been streaming, it is now #1. (Sorry for my terrible english)

THAT'S WHY THIS B*****D IS #1!!!!!! AND NOT MJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F*** *** German Charts!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rollingstone.de/news/mel...tz-eins-michael-jackson-nur-auf-der-zwei.html

Just heard that streamings on Streaming-plattforms does count on the german charts since January 2014, it's a new rule in the german Charts, and because Kollegahs Album could be streaming since 5 months and 17 tracks could have been streaming, it is now #1. (Sorry for my terrible english)

http://www.rollingstone.de/news/mel...tz-eins-michael-jackson-nur-auf-der-zwei.html

All this stupid new rules. In my opinion those things should not count. Same goes for digital sales. In my opinion 1 physical copy should not be the same as 1 digital copy! That doesn't make any sense to me. There should be 2 (or more) different charts in each country. Physical, digital & streaming. This isn't fair.

I really dont understand how thsi whole streaming/charts link works. Boggling. Shame about germany though, still a better position than Ireland!

I'm so hurt now :boohoo, it is really a shame, man.

Last edited:
The Pop King (Still) Rises: Social Legacy Of Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson will always be the king of pop.

This past weekend, the audience at the Billboard Music Awards were treated to one very special appearance – a hologram version of Michael Jackson – performing “Slave to the Rhythm” off the recently released posthumous album XSCAPE. The album, which hit stands last week, topped the UK charts, and is set to race for the peak position on the Billboard 200 with the Black Keys’ Turn Blue. Almost five years after the pop star’s untimely death, Michael Jackson’s music still resonates with his fans, and his legacy is reflected in the vastness of his social following.

With more than 74 million page likes on Facebook, Michael Jackson is the fourth most popular artist on the social network , and rivals contemporary artists such as Rihanna, Eminem and Shakira. His fan base here continues to grow at steady clip, in the past month alone he amassed another 1.2 million new page likes, and close to 15 million over the past year. The pop star has a less prevalent following on Twitter, with a total of close to 1.4 million, though the press around the release saw him add about 37,000 new followers in the past month, a 66% increase from the month before.

The video for the lead track off the album, “Love Never Felt So Good,” has racked up more than 10 million views and 11,000 comments in the six days since it went live on the official YouTube channel for Michael Jackson. Featuring Justin Timberlake, and a clear homage to the king of pop and his infamous dance moves, the track is infectious and well-produced and is strong lead single for the album.

The BBMA performance also had a clear impact online. More than 80,000 mentions on Twitter following the performance is a jump of more than 700%, and the Wikipedia page for Michael Jackson saw close to 350,000 visits in the past week. All of this attention is pushing massive sales numbers, and if Jackson snags the top slot on the Billboard 200, it will be the seventh number one US album for the pop star.
27.png

While they may have been beat out for the top rank in the UK, Turn Blue is the most successful album release for The Black Keys to date. Given their relative size to Michael Jackson online (Jackson has 18 times the number of Facebook page likes, and more than double their following on Twitter), they are performing remarkably well and the race is tighter than expected. With about 300,000 Wikipedia page views in the past month, and more than 6.5 million video views on YouTube, they are achieving mainstream success, with an alternative sound.

If someone is going to beat you to the top of the charts, I can think of worse people than the King of Pop.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/livbuli...still-rises-social-legacy-of-michael-jackson/

All this stupid new rules. In my opinion those things should not count. Same goes for digital sales. In my opinion 1 physical copy should not be the same as 1 digital copy! That doesn't make any sense to me. There should be 2 (or more) different charts in each country. Physical, digital & streaming. This isn't fair.

If you purchase a song or album through a digital service as iTunes or Amazon, then it's no different than going down to the shop and buying the item. At the end of the day, someone still spends their hard-earned money on the material. Why shouldn't the purchase count as a sale?

I'm not sure how much streaming effects the charts so I can't really comment on that.

If you purchase a song or album through a digital service as iTunes or Amazon, then it's no different than going down to the shop and buying the album. Why shouldn't the purchase count as a sale?

I'm not sure how much streaming effects the charts so I can't really comment on that.

It should count but on different chart in my opinion. Prices are different and it's really not the same.

Kollegah sold 160000 albums in first week in Germany. He was 3 month before release in Top 100 Amazon and a long time on number 1 on Amazon.de before release and constant in the release-week, on i-tunes Nr. 1. He is also listed in big markets like Media Markt as number 1. So it really was not the streaming. He has the best selling album in first week since everyone since 2003 in Germany.
He had a long running promotion month before release of the album.

It should count but on different chart in my opinion. Prices are different and it's really not the same.

Should we split up the official charts into different ones for different music stores then? Prices of albums differ from store to store :p

But in all seriousness, the price differences for albums are usually pretty small and are often about the same as iTunes, give or take the odd dollar or two. It's really no different than iTunes simply being another retailer that sells music. Some retailers will be more expensive, others more cheaper.

CD Singles? Well, they make up such a minuscule part of the single market now-a-days it's just not worth having a separate chart for them. In 2009, less than 1.4% (1.6million) of single sales in the UK were CD. The year before, it was 4.6 million so God knows what it is now, especially with the introduction of streaming services such as Spotify.

Should we split up the official charts into different ones for different music stores then? Prices of albums differ from store to store :p

But in all seriousness, the price differences for albums are usually pretty small and are often about the same as iTunes, give or take the odd dollar or two. It's really no different than iTunes simply being another retailer that sells music. Some retailers will be more expensive, others more cheaper.

CD Singles? Well, they make up such a minuscule part of the single market now-a-days it's just not worth having a separate chart for them. In 2009, less than 1.4% (1.6million) of single sales in the UK were CD. The year before, it was 4.6 million so God knows what it is now, especially with the introduction of streaming services such as Spotify.

Yeah, that's why Katy Perry beat Bad record and Rihanna equaled with Michael with 13 #1 hits. MJ sold those singles in CD or Vinyl form, people really went to store and bought it. Now it is a lot easier to score #1 hit especially for Rihanna, Katy Perry and other female performers (not artists because stripping and whoring is not art). And in history books it will be those 2 for most #1's and not MJ. That's the problem with digital sales.

Yeah, that's why Katy Perry beat Bad record and Rihanna equaled with Michael with 13 #1 hits. MJ sold those singles in CD or Vinyl form, people really went to store and bought it. Now it is a lot easier to score #1 hit especially for Rihanna, Katy Perry and other female performers (not artists because stripping and whoring is not art). And in history books it will be those 2 for most #1's and not MJ. That's the problem with digital sales.

Katy Perry is talented, though. Not too sure about Rihanna.

David Bowie sold a lot of albums when he came back last year. I guess people just recognize talent. That is why Michael is outselling most of the new albums out.

Back