Xscape General Discussion

And that was solely one part of the post, I did say HITS estimates that the album will continue to drop, which they did. Sales affect the chart position.

Then here is your full paragraph:

US iTunes Album charts as of today, Xscape is @ #77...It's at #12 in Billboards top charts. Yet, chart music sites like, HITS, estimate that it's going to continue to drop. Xscape isn't in the top ten of anything anymore. As far as USA goes.

You were talking about chart positions clearly. And said that based on HITS estimates "Xscape isn't in the top ten of anything anymore". In fact, HITS latest prediction says it could be in the Top 10 again next week (of course it's still a long way to go, but as of now they do predict it to be in the Top 10).

WhoIsIt89;4019781 said:
This is what I mean, how can it go down as the top 10 best selling albums for the year when it's no longer in a US top 10 category of any kind? And estimates say that it will only continue to drop?

Because it will. Next week it will be pretty darn close to the top 10 already:

BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014 (world wide)

1. "Frozen" OST - 4,653,000
2. "Beyoncé" Beyoncé - 1,922,000
3. "Ghost Stories" Coldplay - 1,558,000
4. "Pure Heroine" Lorde - 1,383,000
5. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 1,380,000
6. "GIRL" Pharrell Williams - 1,357,000
7. "Prism" Katy Perry - 1,203,000
8. "The Marshall Matters LP 2" Eminem - 1,085,000
9. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons - 1,059,000
10. "Tsugi No Ashiato" AKB 48 - 1,020,000

11. "Unorthodox Jukebox" Bruno Mars - 898,000
12. "Racine Carrée" Stormae - 897,000
13. "True" Avicii - 841,000
14. "Xscape" Michael Jackson - 830,000
15. "AM" Arctic Monkeys - 774,000
16. "High Hopes" Bruce Springsteen - 757,000
17. "Bad Blood" Bastille - 667,000
18. "Random Access Memories" Daft Punk - 627,000
19. "Swing Both Ways" Robbie Williams - 580,000
20. "Shakira" Shakira - 579,000

21. "Bangerz" Miley Cyrus - 551,000
22. "Farbenspiel" Helene Fischer - 512,000
23. "Artpop" Lady Gaga - 501,000
24. "The Outsiders" Eric Church - 495,000
25. "Turn Blue" The Black Keys - 492,000

And just look at some of these albums by hot artists right now like Pharrell or Katy Perry - with massive #1 hits worldwide, they've only managed to sell a little over a million and you know MJ will likely pass them by the end of the year.

And then the last two sentences...Since when has expecting more than one single become unrealistic? Like, what? Too many of us, has become okay with selling ourselves and Michael short. It's unrealistic to have expected the Estate to use the hype of the "hologram" and all the roar that caused, to promote the album itself? I don't get it.

Why is it that all of a sudden, having a MJ-like standard for his albums, has become unrealistic and negative thinking? Like, really?

Excuse me, but did Sony announce there would be only 1 single? Did I miss something? As far as I know they said they have planned 3 singles. However if you expect them to release a new single every month then you're not being realistic, sorry. Nobody does that unless their first single flopped and LNFSG is certainly not a flop and is still doing very well.

How about you stop worrying about so called lack of promotion and just enjoy the goddamn music.

This is the best new Michael Jackson music we have heard for twenty years in my opinion so just enjoy it. Live in the moment.

You remind me of fans at gigs who spend the whole time videoing it on your phones rather than just living & breathing it.

For what it's worth, the days of long term promotion for albums are over. At most (with the odd exception like Rhianna for some bizarre reason) you get one major single from an album and that's about it.

The very fact that an artist who is deceased can still have a major #1 album that will probably end up in the Top 10 albums of the year is a major feat.

What should come first to us all is what mattered to MJ, the quality of the music. I'd rather the album was of this tremendous quality and sold modestly rather than was some hodge potch of demos of stuff he never would have wanted us to hear (let's say barely even sung on & finished off by other artists) and sold ten million.

The Xscape Era is not over until you are sick of the album and stop listening. For me, like OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory & Invincible it will never be over.

Somewhereinthedark, where in any of my posts did I say I did not enjoy Xscape?

I maintain my view that interest has to be re-sparked for this cd. It is a stellar product as it has maintained it's illegal download position while it has fallen down the legitimate charts as per a posting above.

I cannot say I am excited with Cirque dancers being utilized for another video for Xscape although I am glad to hear a second single would be released. (I understand the video for BG with Cirque’s Immortal dancers was not the official video.) Using Xscape to promote MJ ONE is not the best idea. I would have preferred Xscape continue to promote Xperia during the World Cup.

I would have preferred APWNN be the third single but, that is my view. As a second single, I would hope the physical single would have an acapella version of this song as per the contemporized/remixed version that Stargate used. They wisely knew the vocals are the magic on that song.

Then here is your full paragraph:

You were talking about chart positions clearly. And said that based on HITS estimates "Xscape isn't in the top ten of anything anymore". In fact, HITS latest prediction says it could be in the Top 10 again next week (of course it's still a long way to go, but as of now they do predict it to be in the Top 10).

I was also referring to the sales, which is why I mentioned the site in the first place. But I should've been more specific about it, I admit.

@ serendipity, I'm just going off of the estimations, which estimate that it'll continue to fall.But I hope it doesn't, what I'm saying is in order for it not to, it needs to be promoted, and that it can surely be promoted A LOT better than it already has. A year is a long time from now, so who knows what it'll happen, it's at 14, estimated to continue to drop, and other albums by other artists will come out this year, I don't know, I hope it does become one of the 10 best selling albums of the year, but I'm not going to be so sure of that at this time, personally.

And where have they said for sure they'd be putting out three singles? Not to mention that comment was originally in response to someone stating that they possibly decided to no longer promote the album, then everyone responded to it. But anyway, hadn't LA Reid just said that he'd be letting the fans pick out the next single? Have they even started that out yet? Personally, I just think they could putting things out a lot quicker. But I don't make the decisions, so whatever.

@ Tony R, I've already stated my enjoyment for the music in this thread and others, so I don't even have to entertain that.

I was also referring to the sales, which is why I mentioned the site in the first place. But I should've been more specific about it, I admit.

@ serendipity, I'm just going off of the estimations, which estimate that it'll continue to fall.But I hope it doesn't, what I'm saying is in order for it not to, it needs to be promoted, and that it can surely be promoted A LOT better than it already has. A year is a long time from now, so who knows what it'll happen, it's at 14, estimated to continue to drop, and other albums by other artists will come out this year, I don't know, I hope it does become one of the 10 best selling albums of the year, but I'm not going to be so sure of that at this time, personally.

And where have they said for sure they'd be putting out three singles? Not to mention that comment was originally in response to someone stating that they possibly decided to no longer promote the album, then everyone responded to it. But anyway, hadn't LA Reid just said that he'd be letting the fans pick out the next single? Have they even started that out yet? Personally, I just think they could putting things out a lot quicker. But I don't make the decisions, so whatever.

@ Tony R, I've already stated my enjoyment for the music in this thread and others, so I don't even have to entertain that.

the estimated drop is very minimal which means the album is holding up great. There is no need to worry yet. MJ's always released his singles by at least two months of each other.

How about you stop worrying about so called lack of promotion and just enjoy the goddamn music.

This is the best new Michael Jackson music we have heard for twenty years in my opinion so just enjoy it. Live in the moment.

You remind me of fans at gigs who spend the whole time videoing it on your phones rather than just living & breathing it.

For what it's worth, the days of long term promotion for albums are over. At most (with the odd exception like Rhianna for some bizarre reason) you get one major single from an album and that's about it.

The very fact that an artist who is deceased can still have a major #1 album that will probably end up in the Top 10 albums of the year is a major feat.

What should come first to us all is what mattered to MJ, the quality of the music. I'd rather the album was of this tremendous quality and sold modestly rather than was some hodge potch of demos of stuff he never would have wanted us to hear (let's say barely even sung on & finished off by other artists) and sold ten million.

The Xscape Era is not over until you are sick of the album and stop listening. For me, like OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory & Invincible it will never be over.

Tony,

Bravo! BRAVO!! BRAVISSIMMO!!! I absolutely LOVE your post and agree with every word of it. I am so damn tired of the whining and complaints. We basically have TWO albums in one and you have some "fans" STILL complaining. We have the ORIGINALS and the NEW versions and I am enjoying the entire album. Thank you so much for saying the same thing that I have been saying and feeling.

BPI Music @BPI_Music · 18 h.

Congrats to the late @michaeljackson and all the artists featured on 'XScape' - the album has gone Gold #BPIawards

Jeep @Jeep · 16 h.

It’s the new look of summer! Check out Jeep® brand’s new spot feature Kyrie Irving and a song from Michael Jackson! https://www.youtube.com

Chart News @chartnews · 10 h.

WW sales: @michaeljackson, Xscape 102,000 (830,000 total).

GLOBAL ALBUM CHARTS week 4 Michael Jackson - Xscape
5 MJJ / Epic - 102.000 (830.000 total)
http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

I have to say this album is soo much better than Michael. I love it, some remixes aren't my taste but that's why the demos where included. I'm really pleased with it. So massive thanks to everyone involved !

This is a great album. It got to number one in my country and the man is dead! I can't be more happy with what it's done and for what it's worth, I performed two songs from the album yesterday, and the audience said afterwards they loved Xscape being included! Non fans too. This has done really well.

Here's the link for the performance including Slave to the Rhythm and Love Never Felt So Good. Skip to 6:47 to see Slave and Love! Thanks to anyone who watches
http://youtu.be/KyEitTDXMhs

Pez Dann @Pezdann · 2 Std.

Loving the new round of promo in London for Xscape! #MJXSCAPE #uwantmecomegetme

BqHEZlwIcAACIn0.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/andjustice4some
Freaking tears. Over 24 million views for LNFSG. Never forgotten. We love you Michael.

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 17 h.
24,019,024 views! Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good: http://youtu.be/oG08ukJPtR8

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertai...l-jackson-overcomes-stumble-wins-grand-finals
[video=youtube;YDL6JLHulr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDL6JLHulr0[/video]

Sports Illustrated @SInow · 15 h.

Minor league baseball team will wear Michael Jackson-themed jerseys
on.si.com/1us3PdF pic.twitter.com/qs4aZtFT7z

So, is APWNN officially confirmed as the second single?

I hope not. In my opinion Chicago is way much better. It's catchy as hell and on youtube people are loving the song if you see the comments.

Annita;4020235 said:
Pez Dann @Pezdann · 2 Std.

Loving the new round of promo in London for Xscape! #MJXSCAPE #uwantmecomegetme

BqHEZlwIcAACIn0.jpg:large

That phone is massive, I know some phone companies are making their screens bigger but I think Sony went too far this time with the suitcase phone :( xD

^Put it on a pair of castors and in 5 yrs time we'll all be wondering how we ever did without our 'suitcase phones'.

Not sure if it's relevant to choice of next single, but the new toyota auris hybrid advert which has just started airing in uk features america's 'horse with no name' -

[youtube]watch?v=W3Ock2MQ9LE[/youtube]

I love the comments on Facebook, some guy was saying : "it's the best album since Bad in IMO", and an other guy said that he loves Blue Gangsta, and the whole album.

I may be hated for this... I wish Teddy Riley would have reproduced Slave To The Rhythm. I know why some fans don't like him but he did truly great things with Michael and he was a good friend of his. But mainly I think he could have done wonders with this song. I think he could have brought a modern Dangerous, classic Michael feel to it. I'm not a big fan of the Timbaland mix, that's just my opinion, I can see why people like it though. I just feel it lacks that Michael feel, and Michael fire that his vocals bring to the song.

I may be hated for this... I wish Teddy Riley would have reproduced Slave To The Rhythm. I know why some fans don't like him but he did truly great things with Michael and he was a good friend of his. But mainly I think he could have done wonders with this song. I think he could have brought a modern Dangerous, classic Michael feel to it. I'm not a big fan of the Timbaland mix, that's just my opinion, I can see why people like it though. I just feel it lacks that Michael feel, and Michael fire that his vocals bring to the song.

I adore Timbaland's version, but I would love to hear what Teddy would do with it. I love his music/production on Hollywood Tonight (hate the bridge) and Breaking News.

I would love to hear a Teddy Riley version too. While Timbo's take isn't bad, i feel it's the weakest from all 5 he produced. But that could also be because i'm so used to the Tricky version.

I love all the songs new and old but... I can't help but wonder what they would have been like if Stargate mixed them all.

I adore the album - but feel that the later songs on the track list need more "punch".

STTR for example sounds a bit weak in Timbo's version and doesn't build as much as it could so I'm hoping for some really good remixes on that track (not Feddy please).

I love Stargate's production on APWNN and they come across so well in the video. This track is far an away my favourite and is up there among my favourite MJ songs - something I didn't expect to happen with this album...

some days ago, but worth to post :)

Vodafone New Zealand @vodafoneNZ · May 9th

Artwork is progressing nicely @owendippie. #MJXSCAPE

BnKCBW4CQAAuSVu.jpg:large

Vodafone New Zealand @vodafoneNZ · May 9th

Looking incredible! @owendippie #MJXSCAPE https://vine.co/v/MgBbzVOKtX5

Back