Xscape General Discussion

IMO they just try to surprise us with the next video. I’d say take your time and do your best !!!

From the very first day of Xscape era I’ve understood one thing of the promotion tactic (although I do not know much) – they will make us wait on every turn possible so I actually see no reasons to worry.

I am hearing POTW right now. - And come to think of it I think Xscape should have had a "charity-feel-good-heal-the-world/man-in-the-mirror/Cry-kind-of-song on the album!

I really hope there are some songs like that in the vault for the next all new album. A true feel good song with a deeper meaning and a message. That's MJ at his finest.

I really love Xscape - so don't take it as a complaint or anything, there are 8 truely great songs on the album, but I just hope on the next album maybe they will include such a song. (If MJ has recorded one they can release of course! :lol: )

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 52 Min.

33,076,621 VIEWS!!! Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good: http://youtu.be/oG08ukJPtR8

and by the way:

Netherlands' national soccer team players pose with a statue of the late pop star Michael Jackson during a visit to the Santa Marta slum in Rio de Janeiro, July 1, 2014. The statue was placed in the area where Jackson filmed part of the Brazilian version of the "They Don't Care About Us" music video in 1995. REUTERS

2014-07-01T200116Z_1619557810_TB3EA711M9B97_RTRMADP_3_BRAZIL-WORLDCUP.JPG

I hope it has not been posted already...but nevertheless it's nice to see

Brad Sunberg talking about Xscape & FlashMob to LNFSG

I hope it has not been posted already...but nevertheless it's nice to see

Brad Sunberg talking about Xscape & FlashMob to LNFSG

I like the man and have huge respect for what he's been doing lately with his seminars but I just hate when Michael's friends come on TV and talk against him or his albums. OK he doesn't like it, but he could have kept that for himself. Now he maybe influenced some fans or regular people not to buy it. That is bullshit. All these friends and ex-friends turned haters like Karen Faye and Jennifer Batten think they know best and that their opinion is superior. If they like it they should support it and promote it, if they don't like it, they should shut up because they DON'T KNOW whether Michael would love it or not.

Well he didn`t say he is against the album. He said it in the sence it may not have his perfect standards. But nothing will ever, it is even noted in the liner notes from Xscape because the artist is not there to finish the album.

Last edited:
I like the man and have huge respect for what he's been doing lately with his seminars but I just hate when Michael's friends come on TV and talk against him or his albums. OK he doesn't like it, but he could have kept that for himself. Now he maybe influenced some fans or regular people not to buy it. That is bullshit. All these friends and ex-friends turned haters like Karen Faye and Jennifer Batten think they know best and that their opinion is superior. If they like it they should support it and promote it, if they don't like it, they should shut up because they DON'T KNOW whether Michael would love it or not.

I am not approving the fact that he's doing money over his work with Michael, but critiques XSCAPE.

You act like he gave a huge rant against the album or Michael. He just said he'll pass the Xscape album, that's all. He is entitled not to buy it or say he won't buy it when asked and no, he should not shut up just because he happens to have a different opinion about it than you. Believe it or not, sales are not the end of it all to everyone.

I'm saying this as someone who did buy and support Xscape. I like it too. But I also understand when people are sceptical about it and do not consider it as a real MJ album. It is not. Even the Xscape album booklet admits that posthumus albums cannot pretend that they are on the same level as the work that the artist himself left behind.

I am not approving the fact that he's doing money over his work with Michael, but critiques XSCAPE.

I highly doubt he's getting rich from his seminars. Actually what Brad is doing is the type of thing that I'd love the Estate to do in some form. I mean the serious representation of Michael as an artist and his art. Not just making money of him.

I highly doubt he's getting rich from his seminars. Actually what Brad is doing is the type of thing that I'd love the Estate to do in some form. I mean the serious representation of Michael as an artist and his art. Not just making money of him.

Have you seen the price for his seminar? I doubt he's NOT getting rich from it.

Well he didn`t say he is against the album. He said it in the sence it may not have his perfect standards. But nothing will ever, it is even noted in the liner notes from Xscape because the artist is not there to finish the album.

With his face and sarcastic remark he said that it is bad. Not that he is against it.

I agree with the rest.

The point is. He is frustrated that he, Steve Porcaro, Brad Buxer and Michael Prince are not part of it. And I agree with him, that sucks. They are the ones who should be making albums for Michael, not Timbaland & StarGate. BUT Michael himself choose Branca and McClain. He could have chosen Branca, Buxer and Prince (that's what I would do) or some other lawyer and Buxer & Prince. But he didn't. That is the reality that we as fans and they as Michael's true friends and collaborators should accept and stop fighting against it.

The point is. He is frustrated that he, Steve Porcaro, Brad Buxer and Michael Prince are not part of it. And I agree with him, that sucks. They are the ones who should be making albums for Michael, not Timbaland & StarGate. BUT Michael himself choose Branca and McClain. He could have chosen Branca, Buxer and Prince (that's what I would do) or some other lawyer and Buxer & Prince. But he didn't. That is the reality that we as fans and they as Michael's true friends and collaborators should accept and stop fighting against it.

They don't have any reason to be frustrated. They, themselves refused to give the tracks. It's their loss. I think everyone near MJ was a gold digger/backstabber. Thinking only about himself.

The point is. He is frustrated that he, Steve Porcaro, Brad Buxer and Michael Prince are not part of it. And I agree with him, that sucks.

Why should they included? They were not involved in the tracks who are included for Xscpae. Only Porcaro doesn`t give a permission for his song they would perhaps would have liked to have included.

In fact I think Prince an Buxer are working with the Estate. Prince acutally gave supprotive tweets for LNFSG and McClains production and was happy that the Xscpae-song is on the album.
Prince was included and credited on the Michael album. I think Buxer actually said on the seminar he would never do something against the Estate or without their permission because they are the people who are in charge.

Why should they included? They were not involved in the tracks who are included for Xscpae. Only Porcaro doesn`t give a permission for his song they would perhaps would have liked to have included.

In fact I think Prince an Buxer are working with the Estate. Prince acutally gave supprotive tweets for LNFSG and McClains production and was happy that the Xscpae-song is on the album.
Prince was included and credited on the Michael album. I think Buxer actually said on the seminar he would never do something against the Estate or without their permission because they are the people who are in charge.

I think they feel left out especially Brad and Prince. They were a lot closer to MJ than McClain. If I were Michael I would appoint them as executors instead of McClain. Branca is a good lawyer so I understand why MJ chose him.

At one point Michael Prince tweeted a lot about new MJ material and unreleased songs and that project ended up not being Xscape.

Nice to hear that about Brad.

But both were already involved on the "MICHAEL"-album, weren't they?

They don't have any reason to be frustrated. They, themselves refused to give the tracks. It's their loss. I think everyone near MJ was a gold digger/backstabber. Thinking only about himself.

I don't think Sundberg not liking Xscape is "backstabbing" and gold digging. Actually nowhere near as much of a big deal as putting fake songs on an MJ album... And I'm not one of those anti-Estate people, just putting things into a perspective.

The point is. He is frustrated that he, Steve Porcaro, Brad Buxer and Michael Prince are not part of it.

And how do you know that? People can like or dislike something simply because they have certain priorities or principles and not because they have some kind of agenda or frustration or whatever you want to project on them.

And how do you know that? People can like or dislike something simply because they have certain priorities or principles and not because they have some kind of agenda or frustration or whatever you want to project on them.

He didn't say I don't like it (that would be perfectly fine). He made a face and sarcastic comment - meaning "it is bad and Michael would not like it because I know best".

And he does not know best. No one knows what MJ would like or dislike. So no one should try to act like they know best.

He didn't say I don't like it (that would be perfectly fine). He made a face and sarcastic comment - meaning "it is bad and Michael would not like it because I know best".

And he does not know best. No one knows what MJ would like or dislike. So no one should try to act like they know best.

Again, you are interpreting it in a certain way that YOU personally saw in it. But what he actually said can be checked out by anyone who clicks on that video (and it's not what you claim here). You are also totally exaggerating the whole thing's significance.

It's not bullshit at all. I'm glad he gives his honest opinion about this (and he actually seems to want to remain somewhat neutral on it). He has every right to. He saw first-hand how much of a perfectionist Michael was and if he thinks MJ would not have liked these completely remixed tracks to be marketed as 'his' new cd, or is personally not interested in Timbaland's interpretation of a MJ song, he has every right to say so.

If you had been to his seminars you would not call this guy a hater. He is full of respect for MJ and is doing an excellent job at telling and letting people hear and see what an amazing artist Michael was. Something the Estate does not seem to be too concerned about.

And btw, Brad said very clearly during the seminar I attended that he is happy for the fans if they enjoy it, he's just not interested in these remixes himself. I don't see how anyone can think there is something wrong with that.

Have you seen the price for his seminar? I doubt he's NOT getting rich from it.
Do you know how many people generally attend these seminars? It's just a handful of people. He also has to rent a studio, fly to his destination and stay over at a hotel. I doubt he makes much from it at all. He has a normal day job that he makes a living from.

Or perhaps they honestly feel the way MJ's legacy is being handled right now is not something they want to be associated with. I wouldn't blame them.

It's not bullshit at all. I'm glad he gives his honest opinion about this (and he actually seems to want to remain somewhat neutral on it). He has every right to. He saw first-hand how much of a perfectionist Michael was and if he thinks MJ would not have liked these completely remixed tracks to be marketed as 'his' new cd, or is personally not interested in Timbaland's interpretation of a MJ song, he has every right to say so.

If you had been to his seminars you would not call this guy a hater. He is full of respect for MJ and is doing an excellent job at telling and letting people hear and see what an amazing artist Michael was. Something the Estate does not seem to be too concerned about.

And btw, Brad said very clearly during the seminar I attended that he is happy for the fans if they enjoy it, he's just not interested in these remixes himself. I don't see how anyone can think there is something wrong with that.

I called him Michael's friend. Go re-read my post. I called Karen Faye a hater because she is. I just said that he should have said nothing and not make that face like the album sucks. That's all. I also said that I have huge respect for what he's been doing.

I called him Michael's friend. Go re-read my post. I called Karen Faye a hater because she is. I just said that he should have said nothing and not make that face like the album sucks. That's all. I also said that I have huge respect for what he's been doing.
Sorry, I thought you grouped all of them together. In any case, I think he has every right to say how he feels about the album.

Or perhaps they honestly feel the way MJ's legacy is being handled right now is not something they want to be associated with. I wouldn't blame them.

MJ's legacy is already set in stone. What the Estate is doing now is barely scratching it.

Back