Xscape General Discussion

Please scream! I will help you. Seriously, is this all and didn't they plan for a second single? :( Can't someone check with MJOnline...

Please scream! I will help you. Seriously, is this all and didn't they plan for a second single? :( Can't someone check with MJOnline...

Sure they plan a second single. We don`t have to sream.

Retweetet von The Best of Internet
Pez Dann @Pezdann · 17 h.

In Notting Hill today and...ahhhh! #MJXSCAPE #MichaelJackson
BrTCi_qIMAAucxh.jpg:large

Slave to the Rhythm @FayTinkerBell · 12 Std.

This cat has a great taste definitely, lol #MJXscape
BrUJEWXIgAAXOZW.jpg:large

Kevin Hughes @Popprince · 2 h.

So the next single from Michael Jackson's No. 1 album XSCAPE will be Loving You. August 11th UK. Originally recorded during Bad sessions 87.

^^HUH??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
:blush: why another Love-song? Why don't drop a bomb like APWNN?!!
And why was it decided? I thought the fans should select the 2nd single?!

I really hope that is wrong. Loving is a nice song. Not single worthy tho. APWNN or Chicago or this album is done. Matter of fact that will check me right out. The 2 weakest songs released? Smh.

I would actually prefer Slave To The Rhythm duet with Bieber. This radio single won't even enter Hot 100 and that would mean THE END for Xscape. Such a shame. What a wasted opportunity!

Guess I'm not really surprised. APWNN would be the perfect next single, a super punch!

But, I figured this album would lose steam before it even started :(

Lovin' You is awesome, one of my fave songs on the album, but I just thought a different route would be smarter.

As Onir said, what a wasted opportunity, but the Estate seems to be notorious for that.

no, no what are they doeing. loving you is a great song, but it should not be the next single. we already have a love song out. we need a more up to beat song as the single now. chicago or APWNN.

I was suspecting that they would release this song for Michael's birthday ha hah!

maybe one last one and that's it!

Guess I'm not really surprised. APWNN would be the perfect next single, a super punch!

But, I figured this album would lose steam before it even started :(

Lovin' You is awesome, one of my fave songs on the album, but I just thought a different route would be smarter.

As Onir said, what a wasted opportunity, but the Estate seems to be notorious for that.

This is so unfortunate as there was so much potential for this album. Its relatively steady performance in so many charts around the world is a good indication of this. But it could do so much better with a carefully executed and coherent promotion which is really necessary in this case as Michael can not promote it himself. Clearly, the people involved with this project know a lot more about the music business than I do, but I really question some of their choices/comments related to these posthumous releases. For example: Why on earth did they include those 3 songs on the first album given the controversy that was already beginning to surface? Why did LA Reid say in an interview that the songs on the current Xsape were not released by Michael because they were not as good as the songs which Michael released? How does this help to promote the album? And why wait so long to release the next single? These are just some of the questions I have. With the proper promotion and strategy in terms of single releases, I think the album could have sold at least 2 million copies worldwide. It will be struggle now to get to 1.5 million

Also, can we not lay some of the blame with Sony in addition to the Estate? After all, they are the ones who made such a big investment in terms of the last contract. I don't understand why they would do such a thing if they didn't plan to really showcase Michael and to give the upcoming albums the best chance for successin terms of promotion and top notch videos

Last edited:
Is Kevin Hughes a official source? I remember he also made an article for the upcoming album and that fans will inatially only get it with the phone and it was also a wrong information.

What about the video for APWNN that MJ ONE was making? I thought that was for the promotion of APWNN and I was almost sure it would be the second single. :blink:

IMHO everything will be great no matter what song will be the next single. Well, they promised that we will choose the second one so I still think that it will be APWNN or STTR.

They make us nervous again.

I don't have anything against Loving You being a single, just not the next single. It's too similar in mood, style, tempo to the first single. With the second single the album's versatility has to be shown, not another song that sounds like the first single.

I say now release two more dancable/uptempo songs: APWNN and Chicago, maybe Xscape, but the first two seem to get the most positive response from the general public in my experience.

And then close the Xscape campaign with the release of Loving You.

Hows about releasing APWNN with an original video concept, you know something original. They could even use this footage and Michaels guide notes he wrote for SC

@51 minutes 25 seconds

Why did LA Reid say in an interview that the songs on the current Xsape were not released by Michael because they were not as good as the songs which Michael released? How does this help to promote the album?

Exactly. He ****ed up big time with that. Timbaland also. I couldn't believe what he was saying!

IMHO everything will be great no matter what song will be the next single.

11.8. is too late for any single! That is more than a month away. Xscape and LNFSG will disappear from the charts by then.

Hows about releasing APWNN with an original video concept, you know something original. They could even use this footage and Michaels guide notes he wrote for SC

@51 minutes 25 seconds

It's a good idea but it wouldn't feel right cus they're not from the same era

Well the new mix of APWNN doesn't sound like any MJ era, neither the STTR mix they used a History era MJ face for.

Lol the face that was supposed to be a "1991 MJ" and it ended up to still look like an impersonator haha-
I'd actually prefer them to just do this kind of video instead of using an archived footage since they would have to go to the releasing process and explain to the MJ fans and/or the public why they used a Bad era Mike to APWNN and hence, would slow down the Xscape project as it already is. They put Chicago, APWNN, STTR, Blue Gangsta, and Xscape all in the same album and the first single they release is LNFSG. going off topic here but we all have to point this out lol

Lol the face that was supposed to be a "1991 MJ" and it ended up to still look like an impersonator haha-
I'd actually prefer them to just do this kind of video instead of using an archived footage since they would have to go to the releasing process and explain to the MJ fans and/or the public why they used a Bad era Mike to APWNN and hence, would slow down the Xscape project as it already is. They put Chicago, APWNN, STTR, Blue Gangsta, and Xscape all in the same album and the first single they release is LNFSG. going off topic here but we all have to point this out lol

Well the guy who did the CGI face said he was working on a HIStory era MJ, said they even scanned the head casts for the Ghosts video. I don't think fans would need explaining why the used Bad era footage for the video, I think we would be delighted to finally get something new and along an actual project MJ considered for a music video. The video you posted above includes ran era shots as well which don't match, the problem is seeing the same old footage over and over from his music videos. Putting something to using footage MJ has already filmed would be easier than filming footage themselves with new actors etc, I would guess it would cause a bit of a buzz too.

Ugh, I can't help but be annoyed with this....Pretty much every single song on that album is a story, imagine what they could do with short films??

So much potential and it seems like it's all just slipping away...Unless there'll be a huge surprise soon :ninja:

Wishful thinking? :(

Back