Xscape General Discussion

DanGerouS-;4028352 said:
im kinda sad that this xperia z2 ad disappeared completely. :/ hearing STTR in a TV ad was amazing imo.
they already announced the xperia z3 for september. hopefully they tease the third single in the ad?

I've seen the ad yesterday, I don't know the channel, I was just walking by.

I also would like to add that I was curious about Xperia phone so was looking for the information and I have to say that on every web page with Xperia there’s cover of Xscape. Even if it is the information about comparison of few different smartphones! So basically even if you are looking for the information about Iphone there’s a chance to see Xscape.

Last edited:
Looking good !
Br9zNiYCQAMqBdE.jpg
(fanmade)
sony xperia event in ginza, Japan. #MichaelJackson #MJXSCAPE is everywhere. Whoo Hoo.

Even the fans make better promotions than Sony and the Estate. They should let the fans do the artwork. They look great!

King of Pop ♔ @KingofPopTweets ·

#MJXscape has sold a total of 1,109,000 Worldwide on its 8th Week! Let's put it on bestselling albums for 2014 #MJfam

BsWb8HeCEAA5PnY.jpg:large

And to the Estate: PROMOTION PLEASE !!!!!

I think still think the Estate has a few surprises to come from Xscape…
Heres hoping in the next month.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Brad's Beat: Michael Jackson Competition
Brad Douglas
07/16/2014 06:35 PM
OPLIN, MO.--- Aiden and Zachary Cook recently created a music video where they dance to the recent hit "Love Never Felt So Good." It's a duet between Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake. The boys beat out 14,000 other entries and received a gift from the Michael Jackson Foundation. The boys say the video was so much fun and you can't beat it.

"I'm thinking that one day I might be more famous than Justin Bieber or something," said Aidan Cook, 9-years-old.

The boys' dad says he's considering entering them into America's Got Talent next season.

Video in link
http://www.fourstateshomepage.com/s...kson-competition/31569/Us8fMzU2KUuJfbmy_PpZhg

LNFSG is one of the songs featured on a hits collection for one of the main stations here in Belgium called NRJ. The song is also heavily promoted on several other stations as well. Tonight, one of the DJ'S started his program by playing the song. Before doing so, he introduced it as the song of the summer and said that he will kick off the show by playing this song like he does everyday. After the song played, he said how much he loved it. Nice to hear!

Brad's Beat: Michael Jackson Competition
Brad Douglas
07/16/2014 06:35 PM
OPLIN, MO.--- Aiden and Zachary Cook recently created a music video where they dance to the recent hit "Love Never Felt So Good." It's a duet between Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake. The boys beat out 14,000 other entries and received a gift from the Michael Jackson Foundation. The boys say the video was so much fun and you can't beat it.

"I'm thinking that one day I might be more famous than Justin Bieber or something," said Aidan Cook, 9-years-old.

The boys' dad says he's considering entering them into America's Got Talent next season.

Video in link
http://www.fourstateshomepage.com/s...kson-competition/31569/Us8fMzU2KUuJfbmy_PpZhg

What is Michael Jackson Foundation?

Never mind, they meant the estate.

That mini Michael was funny and cute:D
He was asked about whats up with 1 glove and he answered that at first he thought MJ lost the other one :giggle:
He has great dad :clapping:

Last edited:
King of Pop ? ?@KingofPopTweets

#MJXscape has now sold 1,160,000 worldwide!!! Come on everyone. Let's close July with 1.2 Million. Almost there.
Bs30P1hCMAAt2IE.jpg

King of Pop ? ?@KingofPopTweets

#MJXscape has now sold 1,160,000 worldwide!!! Come on everyone. Let's close July with 1.2 Million. Almost there.
Bs30P1hCMAAt2IE.jpg

It will definitely pass 1.2 million before the end of this month based on current sales. I am hoping that it will catch fire again in August once APWNN is officially released. This is a really great song with a lot of potential. In addition to appealing to the younger audience thanks to its beat, the song will also appeal to the older listeners who are familiar with a Horse With No Name and who grew up listening to Michael like me. Moreover, Michael's vocals are really strong on this track. He is really at his best here. I also think that DJ's will be receptive to playing the song as a follow up to LNFSG which has proven to be a solid hit in many countries. I am really excited about what lies ahead!

That mini Michael was funny and cute:D
He was asked about whats up with 1 glove and he answered that at first he thought MJ lost the other one :giggle:
He has great dad :clapping:

The boys were also asked what are their favorite Mj-Songs?

A place with no name, Chicago, Blue Gangster

Instead of releasing the 8 original ones, and the new versions. They could release on the next album 13 new songs and only 3 contemporized version. MJ doesn't need Timbaland or Stargateto be successful.

Instead of releasing the 8 original ones, and the new versions. They could release on the next album 13 new songs and only 3 contemporized version. MJ doesn't need Timbaland or Stargateto be successful.

Absolutely not! This proved to be only way that it works. MICHAEL had only new versions - it failed, fans were unhappy. Bad25 had only original versions - it failed, no one outside MJ fan community knows about the songs on CD2.

Love Never Felt So Good and Xscape album became hit because people liked the new versions, radio liked the new version of LNFSG (not the demo) and fans got the originals.

So if they want a successfull album they have to release both versions of every song. Perfect combination.

Of course that MJ don't need Timbaland or Stargate to be successfull but unfinished songs and demos need them or some other producers to finish them. Or else no one will play it on the radio and people won't buy it.

I agree with you, but i'm just saying that the new mixes are somehow "killing" the oppurtunity of more new unreleased songs on the posthumously albums.

That should tell something when APWNN is released as single.
If mini Michael's favours it, its a hit:D

I agree with you, but i'm just saying that the new mixes are somehow "killing" the oppurtunity of more new unreleased songs on the posthumously albums.

Or the other way around. Remember that the original versions are bonus tracks (deluxe exclusive). We should be grateful that we got them because they don't have to do that, they've done that for the fans.

085443wwlwlw5yo6heyb6z.jpg

085443v7ff3ccwwcf3rfqv.jpg

Cirque's MJ ONE has done a tribute video for A Place With No Name

just like what IMMORTAL did with Blue Gangsta

It is confirmed by my source.

Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson - EMOJI LYRICS VIDEO

Absolutely not! This proved to be only way that it works. MICHAEL had only new versions - it failed, fans were unhappy.

Although I have mixed emotions about the album "Michael", not sure that I would call it a failure. After all, it sold 3.2 million copies despite all of the controversy

Although I have mixed emotions about the album "Michael", not sure that I would call it a failure. After all, it sold 3.2 million copies despite all of the controversy

It was a big failure. It did not sell 3,2 MIL - that is false number, it sold less than 3 MIL, around 2,6 MIL.

MICHAEL CHART RUN - USA 03-05-18-21-32-50-64-56-108
'XSCAPE' CHART RUN -- USA 02-03-07-12-09-17-18-21-18

MICHAEL CHART RUN - U.K. - 04-05-30-43-38-57-95-XX-XX-XX
'XSCAPE' CHART RUN -- U.K. - 01-02-05-09-10-13-16-38-33-46

Also it was MJ 1st posthumous album, it was released in 2010 when album sales were much higher than today and it was released during the Christmas holidays when album sales are much higher.

"Michael" was a fail.
the song choices were weird. HMH was 80% akon, the way you love me - re-released and minus 3 certain tracks. so actually 5 unreleased mj tracks.

xscape shoud have happened in 2010, with ie. HT and Another Day on it, which got wasted for the michael release.

I respect everyone's opinion, but 3.2 m or 2.6 m is still a lot of copies even for 2010 compared to a lot of other artists with releases during the same period. Agreed that it would have done a lot better without those 3 suspect songs and better production overall. Anyways, this thread is about Xscape. Back on track :)

More video tribute

The Cirque video is cross promotion for the song. I really believe that they won't do another tribute video for the official short film for APWNN. (keeping my fingers crossed).

I am so happy for the success and continued success of Xscape. This album truly deserves it as it is a brilliant well put together work of art. This has to be a first for a posthumous album; can't think of any others doing so well and being this good. To me, MICHAEL felt like a posthumous album (unfinished songs, etc, etc) Xscape feels like a proper studio album. Here is to Xscape and its continued success! :cheers:

I just loved it when the kids mentioned Xscape songs as their favorite MJ songs. So great to see Xscape resonating with the young generation. This is how you keep Michael's legacy alive.

The Cirque video is cross promotion for the song. I really believe that they won't do another tribute video for the official short film for APWNN. (keeping my fingers crossed).

I am so happy for the success and continued success of Xscape. This album truly deserves it as it is a brilliant well put together work of art. This has to be a first for a posthumous album; can't think of any others doing so well and being this good. To me, MICHAEL felt like a posthumous album (unfinished songs, etc, etc) Xscape feels like a proper studio album. Here is to Xscape and its continued success! :cheers:

"(keeping my fingers crossed)"

Has it been discussed that LNFSG is in a car commercial?

edit: apparently it was out in may, but i only just saw the commercial the other day on tv.

Yes, it was discussed on this forum during the week the album came out, and was a part of the Estates promotional campaign. In my opinion, they failed with the commercial, as I never really saw it on television outside of the Viacom owned urban stations like TVOne, Centr & BET. Some claimed that the commercial was supposed to tie in to the World Cup and that we should've waited for that and seen how the Estate heavily promoted that song itself and the album via it's supposed commercial deal with FIFA and the stations that televised the World Cup, ESPN & ABC. But that never happened. The commercial still airs here sporadically.

Back