Xscape General Discussion

remix at link : http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ackson-slave-to-the-rhythm-premiere/13060613/

Audien remixes Michael Jackson's 'Slave to the Rhythm'

Audien, a 22-year-old EDM producer and DJ from Mystic, Conn., has already met a host of famous people, including Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Nicky Romero and Hardwell. "They're all my friends," he says.

But this year, he got his biggest dose of celebrity yet. Sort of. He was asked to remix Slave to the Rhythm, a track off Michael Jackson's posthumous album Xscape.

"I've always been a huge fan of him. He's the king of pop," says Audien, whose real name is Nate Rathbun. "When I first heard the song, it sounded really cool and fresh. I had ideas about it instantly. It took me about a month to remix it. I had to do it twice because the first version didn't go over so well."

Audien premieres the Slave to the Rhythm remix exclusively with USA TODAY.

url]http://www.motoemag.com/2014/07/19/asher-walker-amtc-grad-and-sytycd-performer-dances-at-billboard-awards-with-michael-jackson-hologram-plans-upcoming-projects/[/url]

Asher Walker, AMTC Grad and SYTYCD Performer, Dances at Billboard Awards With Michael Jackson Hologram, Plans Upcoming Projects

From dancing in his garage in Virginia to performing on the world’s biggest stages, Asher is reflecting Christ at performances that are making history.

Atlanta, Ga. (PRWEB) July 19, 2014

Asher Walker is a 21-year-old AMTC grad who recently moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in dancing. On May 14, 2014, he danced alongside the ground-breaking performance of the Michael Jackson hologram at the Billboard Awards. Asher was honored to dance at the exciting event, “When I got the call about the Billboard Awards, I was speechless. I prayed and just thanked God. None of it was up to me. All I can ever do is work hard every day and be the best that I can be,” he said. “Since Michael died before I had the chance to dance for him, it was incredible to dance at that. The hologram was the closest I would ever get to be able to dance with Michael.”

Since attending SHINE Winter 2011, Asher has been on seasons 8 and 9 of “So You Think You Can Dance,” and attended the New York Broadway Dance Center. On May 1, 2014, Asher danced with Usher in the premier performance for Michael Jackson’s album, “Xscape.” He now works with world-famous choreographers such as Rich+Tone Talauega, travels the country teaching and choreographing, and is a lead in MTV music video “NAMI-VOYEUR” and in Bella Thorne’s Disney Channel music video, “Call It Whatever.” Currently, Asher is working on several Michael Jackson projects that are coming soon.

At a young age, Asher realized his passion for dancing and began practicing in his garage on a daily basis. “It was trial and error, trial and error. Finally, I started to get kind of good,” he said. While home from school one day, he stumbled upon an online AMTC advertisement, felt the Lord calling him to attend an audition, and received a callback.

Asher wants to be used as a light in the entertainment industry, and speaks about what God taught him through Actors, Models and Talent for Christ, “I think AMTC was a big turning point in my life, making me realize that I could actually get into the industry. I was only 17 at the time, and looking at the entertainment industry, all the competition and dancers, I didn’t know if I had the talent or drive. But God said, ‘Let’s go! Me and you. Let’s do this thing,’” he said.

AMTC is a nonprofit ministry dedicated to making good bolder in film, fashion, music and theatre. The organization is currently holding auditions around the country for the international SHINE Conference. For more information about auditions, please visit http://www.amtcaudition.org. For regular updates on Asher, follow him on Twitter.

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12028172.htm

andjustice4MJ @andjustice4some · July 25th

LNFSG duet has been certified platinum by the RIAA in the US! #LoveLivesForever

Paris78;4031768 said:

Is this true? I did not see a remark from chartnews. I have little doubt because the gold status was for I think 2 or 3 weeks.

LNFSG is one of the songs featured on a hits collection for one of the main stations here in Belgium called NRJ. The song is also heavily promoted on several other stations as well. Tonight, one of the DJ'S started his program by playing the song. Before doing so, he introduced it as the song of the summer and said that he will kick off the show by playing this song like he does everyday. After the song played, he said how much he loved it. Nice to hear!

The same DJ is still at it several weeks later! He started off today's show with the solo version. Afterwards, he said it was such a wonderful song. In addition to this, I heard the song on three different stations within a span of 30 minutes

Last edited:
I know it is kinda too late to complain now, but i just wanted to ask: why didn't they remove the hiss from LNFSG? Was it that hard?
Even i did it. Is it allowed to share an 10-second snippet of the song, to prove it?
Because the song is released, and it is prohibited here on MJJC. :angel:

I know it is kinda too late to complain now, but i just wanted to ask: why didn't they remove the hiss from LNFSG? Was it that hard?
Even i did it. Is it allowed to share an 10-second snippet of the song, to prove it?
Because the song is released, and it is prohibited here on MJJC. :angel:
i gotta agree. the hiss is the only reason I'm barely playing lnfsg. there is always this noise in the background when michael sings. the timbaland mix is much better in that way, but still i can hear it...

i want that snippet btw :p

Paris78;4031768 said:

I didn't find anything on RIAA website

BryNhw9IMAAgAh3.jpg

My New XSCAPE-Rating:

1. APWNN
2. STTR
3. XSCAPE
4. Chicago
5. Loving You
6. LNFSG
7. Blue Gangster
8. DYKWYCA

Last edited:
They played Loving You on radio 2 this morning, one of the uk's biggest/most listened to radio stations. Sounded great on radio. Chris Evans said "he's done it again from beyond the grave, a superb tune!!"

If anyone wants to hear it you should be able to listen to the catch up on radio 2s website. It comes on about 15mins into the start of the show.

:)

I am so happy radios actually play songs from Xscape.

I don't remember radios played songs from Michael. - Only Hold my Hand a little.

Depending on where the hiss is in LNFSG could determine if you actually can remove it. Of course removing it is out of the question for LNFSG, so all you really can do is reduce it.

The more you reduce the more unnatural the vocal can sound though. Its quite tricky.

I am so happy radios actually play songs from Xscape.

I don't remember radios played songs from Michael. - Only Hold my Hand a little.

Here in Croatia both Hold My Hand and Hollywood Tonight had great airplay. But that depends on country.

My XSCAPE (new versions) Rating:
1. APWNN
2. Chicago
3. Loving You
4. STTR
5. Blue Gangster
6. XSCAPE
7. LNFSG
8. DYKWYCA

I heard Loving You on the radio yesterday.
First song I had heard on the radio from the album. That should have been the first single

I made a battle between original and new versions and the winner is the originals the result is 5-3
here is Xscape album imo:

LNFSG solo (new)
Chicago (original)
Loving you (new)
APWNN (original) ..i like the new too
STTR (new)
DYKWYCA (original)
BG (original)
XSCAPE (original)

I made a battle between original and new versions and the winner is the originals the result is 5-3
here is Xscape album imo:

LNFSG solo (new)
Chicago (original)
Loving you (new)
APWNN (original) ..i like the new too
STTR (new)
DYKWYCA (original)
BG (original)
XSCAPE (original)

I did the same thing. Here is my list:

1. Love Never Felt So Good (New, Duet with JT)
2. Chicago (New)
3. Loving You (New)
4. A Place With No Name (Original)
5. Slave To The Rhythm (New)
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original)
7. Blue Gangsta (New)
8. Xscape (New)

Winner: New versions 6:2

Just noticed that Chicago is already on several radio station playlists without any promotion for the song whatsoever. This has to be the third single in my opinion after APWNN

Back