Gwyneth Paltrow
Malaysia Airlines
François Hollande
Whaling in Japan
Crimea
Michael Jackson

:sarmoti::sarmoti::sarmoti:

:beatit::smoothcriminal::billiejean:

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I'm getting more and more excited for this album !
I'm pleased with the track list it would be a dream if it does include a bonus track, I would love Joy or Throwin' Your Life Away, not gonna get my hopes up though.
I agree LNFSG does sounded dated but we don't know what they've done with it, it could sound carefree as Happy, for all we know.
I CAN'T WAIT !!!

Michael Prince ‏@MichaelPrinceMD 20h
“@Epic_Records: Thrilled to announce XSCAPE, a NEW ALBUM of music by @MichaelJackson, Many of us wanted Xscape on Invinsible- Awesome song!

James Barr ‏@imjamesbarr 17h
Can't wait to hear the new #MJ album tonight #Xscape <3 so lucky to be at the album playback :) pic.twitter.com/fYpmLqXb6C

James Barr &#8207;@imjamesbarr 14h
I LOVED #Xscape... Probably the best we've heard since #Dangerous! The first track is amazing <3 @michaeljackson

James Barr &#8207;@imjamesbarr 13h
I feel so lucky to be one of the first ppl in the world to have heard Michael Jackson's new album <3 It totally lives up to the hype #xscape

Last edited:

I hope that is not true... - Why would they ever sample the song with an old MJ song - and a song that really not fits APWNN at all!??

I bet it's the "I never felt so in love before..." line which would fit.

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

http://youtu.be/02aGfsZ1EMc?t=2m45s
^Now that's how it's done. It's all about going back to the original source.

Oh not again...will people stop with these comparisons? They were shot in totally different ways!

It's like trying to say just you can get vodka from a potato, let's try and squeeze some out of a carrot!

It's not the same thing. All this talk about blu ray quality videos from MJ is so annoying, it's all anyone talks about on this forum...

Hilary Fox ?@FforFox 13h Some good tracks on #MichaelJackson album. 1st track (unsure of title) v disco. Gangster was a stand out track...

Hilary Fox ?@FforFox 13h
There's a track on the new #MichaelJackson album #Xscape called Do You Know Where Your Children Are - Too controversial for release before?

Hilary Fox ?@FforFox 13h
Strong 90s R&B vibe on new #MichaelJackson album. New production, but deluxe edition will have original demos of tracks - so a must for fans

Hilary Fox ?@FforFox 13h
By the way, that was the first listening party for the #MichaelJackson album. People were trepidatious at first but overall liked the tracks
So...
Slave To The Rythm is First song on the album and Blue Gangster is the last? Hmm. Let's see.

The fear of some people about putting DYKWYCA on the album is very small minded. The lyrics of the song just go to prove that MJ deeply cared about the welfare of children. The exact opposite of what everybody is afraid people will think after hearing it for some reason. I don't get it. Is it because they are scared of a few stupid jokes by a few complete morons about the song title? Big deal.

I also dont see a problem here. The song is great. Lyrics as well as melody/rhythm. Would love to have it on the album!

Bubs;3976527 said:
Michael Prince &#8207;@MichaelPrinceMD 20h
&#8220;@Epic_Records: Thrilled to announce XSCAPE, a NEW ALBUM of music by @MichaelJackson, Many of us wanted Xscape on Invinsible- Awesome song!

Great to see Michael Prince being supportive of the album despire of his displeasure at the Estate for not asking him and Brad Buxer to work on it.

NEW NEWS ABOUT XPERIA Z2 AND XSCAPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHcVKzQVO4A

The Xperia Z2 is here, complete with the upcoming Michael Jackson album, XSCAPE. Take a sneak peek behind the sound features of Sony's best ever Android smartphone.

Yea, it's also confirmed delay till late of April. Ofc. Z2 delay.

NEW NEWS ABOUT XPERIA Z2 AND XSCAPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHcVKzQVO4A

The Xperia Z2 is here, complete with the upcoming Michael Jackson album, XSCAPE. Take a sneak peek behind the sound features of Sony's best ever Android smartphone.

Yea, it's also confirmed delay till late of April. Ofc. Z2 delay.

That sneak peak of STTR is different from the other commercial isn't it?

Yea, Michael's voice is louder than the music itself.
Maybe not. 0o

I am looking so very much forward to STTR - I think it will be such a great song. - The new mix sounds fresh and crisp. - I think it will be GREAT !!

I know MJJC have so many creative geniuses . so here is a request for you.

Can you make a great COVER PICTURE for Facebook? - The long picture above your timeline.

Would be great to be able to promote the album on facebook.

Sounds a bit different. Vocals seem too loud for my tastes.
I will judge more when I hear the whole thing.

Bubs;3976527 said:
Michael Prince &#8207;@MichaelPrinceMD 20h
&#8220;@Epic_Records: Thrilled to announce XSCAPE, a NEW ALBUM of music by @MichaelJackson, Many of us wanted Xscape on Invinsible- Awesome song!

James Barr &#8207;@imjamesbarr 17h
Can't wait to hear the new #MJ album tonight #Xscape <3 so lucky to be at the album playback :) pic.twitter.com/fYpmLqXb6C

James Barr &#8207;@imjamesbarr 14h
I LOVED #Xscape... Probably the best we've heard since #Dangerous! The first track is amazing <3 @michaeljackson

James Barr &#8207;@imjamesbarr 13h
I feel so lucky to be one of the first ppl in the world to have heard Michael Jackson's new album <3 It totally lives up to the hype #xscape

I am over the top with exitement!! - People like the album.

"Michael" did not recieve very good reviews. - And the Cascio debate ruined everything - even the reviews.

I would LOVE Xscape to recive GREAT reviews!

I know MJJC have so many creative geniuses . so here is a request for you.

Can you make a great COVER PICTURE for Facebook? - The long picture above your timeline.

Would be great to be able to promote the album on facebook.

If there is a very high resolution available it can be done! :D

Most (if not all!) Danish newspapers write about Xscape now!!

www.BT.dk - which is a huge paper even has a video from reuters with the Xscape snippet/teaser - and news about the new album!

Hope SONY will promote this album BIG TIME !! :)

If there is a very high resolution available it can be done! :D

Hmm - I think something like this (all credit goes to whoever made this, I can't remember who it was! - but not me! :lol: )

Xscapebanner2_zps61253737.jpg

Just bigger so it fits the cover picture on facebook. - And maybe text should be different. - Michael Jackson Xscape - new album - and something about release date. :)

James Barr ?@imjamesbarr 14h
I LOVED #Xscape... Probably the best we've heard since #Dangerous! The first track is amazing

BOTDF

Biggest selling remix album of all time. ;)

i said, his original tracks was his big sellers, not his remix albums.
only for example... off the wall, thriller, bad, dangerous, history, invincible,...

For example, the album cut of Hollywood Tonight is much more interesting than the demo recording as far as I'm concerned. Same with Behind the Mask, Much Too Soon, Hold My Hand, etc. Just because it's Michael doesn't mean it's immediately amazing.

thats just your opinion. so how you know that the 7 billion people prefer that?
in my opionion, and that is what i have read on boards, is that the most people prefer the original versions.

In a later tweet the guy says that the first track sounds like a follow-up to Rock With You. So is this Love Never Felt So Good?

I think i read that Love is the first song on the album.

i said, his original tracks was his big sellers, not his remix albums.
only for example... off the wall, thriller, bad, dangerous, history, invincible,...

Yes, but the public made BOTDF the best selling remix album of all time.

And this was in the nineties. Imagine that.

yea sounds like Love Never Felt So Good is the first track. Kind of would of liked Xscape or Slave To The Rhythym as the first song. No major though..

I am a costumer and MJ fan and I want to hear and own both versions. Original version and Album version.

Those are not remixes, those are Album versions.

Crap mixes?? You heard 1:30 min of Slave and 15 sec of Escape.. And both sound amazing.
Iconic unfinished Michael Jackson tracks? Get real. Customers want to have finished recordings. Doesn't matter who finish it.

thats your personal opinion. i and others have a different opinion.
to me the 1.30 and the 15 sec. are crap. sound like the same like the bad 25 mixes. i dont like that kind of mixes.

Wrong! Finished tracks was always his big sellers! Not unfinished tracks from past 2 decades.

you misunderstand something. there is a big difference. a finished track is by michael jackson, and also an unfinished, but not a remix that was made by others. and that is the difference. and that is why tracks by michael jackson are his big sellers, and not the remixes by others.

pollys2;3976562 said:

Full article:
Last night, in the basement of a swanky West London an excitable Sony big-wig and, for some reason, Trevor Nelson presented the first album playback of the new Michael Jackson album.

Tight security measures meant everyone in the room, including Mixmag, had their phones confiscated to prevent the album leaking before its mid May release. "We're so sorry, we know it massively takes the piss" gushed the Sony fat-cat.

So what was all the fuss about? Xscape is Jackson&#8217;s second posthumous album following the 2010 album, Michael. You&#8217;ll be forgiven for not remembering that one; it had Akon and 50-Cent on for crying out loud.

So what makes Xscape different is the way it&#8217;s been put together. CEO of Epic Records and ex Def Jam and American X Factor judge, LA Reid, assembled a A-list team of producers including lead producer Timbaland, alongside Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome 'J-Roc' Harmon and John McClainto. All had worked with Michael in previous years and importantly none of them were Will.i.am.

The eight tracks on the album have been put together using unused vocals, unreleased records and tracks that just missed out inclusion on previous Jackson's albums. The source material dates back 40 years!

The word &#8216;contemporise&#8217; was being used a lot before the playback which had us worried. Would this holy shroud-esque source material be ravaged by Black Eye Pea style pitch shifts or garish bro-step drops? Admittedly one track started with a vocoder but this was only for the intro. From the off-set the album had sharp beats and clear vocals &#8211; something even big fans would admit Michael&#8217;s latter albums lacked.

Despite this broad range of unreleased content, Xscape doesn&#8217;t feel like a bunch of off-shoots or a scrapbook of the discarded; the production team have managed to gell the collection of tunes in such a way that this feels like a flowing album of funky, disco-pop and modern day r &#8216;n&#8217; b.

Some of the tracks felt familiar &#8211; one track has a very similar bassline to &#8216;Leave Me Alone&#8217;, another had a &#8216;la la la&#8217; chorus not unlikeAmerica&#8217;s &#8216;Horse With No Name&#8217; and penultimate track &#8216;Gangster&#8217; had Jackson&#8217;s trademark voiced beats and harmonies, a la &#8216;Beat It&#8217;.

Xscape, then, feels more like a collection of B-sides from Off The Wall than a follow up to Invincible. Despite being very short, this latest release from the Jackson estate does a much more sympathetic job of recreating and reminding the world of the pop icon&#8217;s passion for making your feet tap and your head nod. Consider this a collection of undiscovered gems presented in a way that fans from all generations will appreciate.

Xscape can be pre-ordered now but will be released on Epic on May 13.

Back