Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

"I'd rather burn my music rather than leave it to Sony." Michael Jackson, 2002

Yes in 2002 when Mottola was head of Sony. We are living in 2014. Don't know in what year are you living in?? Do you know that now L.A. Reid is the head of Sony - Michael's friend and collaborator.

Imagine Michael Angelo begins a great work of art, the way only he can. He pours his genius into the outline of the work. He has the image of the final product hidden in his mind.

Then he passes on before completing it. Years later, some dudes rush in with their paint brushes... no no, airbrushes (to modernise and retoool the piece), choose their own hues, crop it, resize it, guess the dimensions and paint colour, put in their own shapes, paint their own things here and there. Tinker with it however they want, then tell the world "hey look! there's a new Michael Angelo painting here!"

Keep that out of this thread. - That was while Tommy Mottola was still there - MJ got him fired/removed and then MJ started working with SONY again. - TUC and especially T25. - I am very sure that if MJ had released a new album, had he not died, he would have released the album via SONY!

SONY and MJ got together on good terms. - So we should really move on too !!!!

I don't think he would sign with Sony again. But that's another story. We should all support Michael's music no matter what company is releasing it.

Michael didn't get him removed. Mottolla resigned in January 2003. Besides, the Sony issue was partially Michael's fault and he largely overreacted with the allegations about sabotaging Invincible.

We can agree on that. (I actually thought it had something to do with MJ that Mottolla left, but either way they worked it out!)

ok you know, its not my style.. but i hope, just hope they leave the tracks, i mean, i just dont want another "Michael" album..

Nobody wants another MICHAEL album (except Roger Friedman, James Porte & Cascio brothers $$$).

Did you read the official statement?? They are releasing the original versions also. And many sources confirmed that there is no Cascio tracks on the album. Just Michael Jackson's tracks.

There's a valid point that shouldn't be ignored. Michael did not like Sony, didn't want to do Thriller 25 and demanded payment that would've gone towards the debt he owed them. Should this be ignored simply because he's dead and they're doing a great job promoting this "new" music? The Estate probably signed with Sony due to the debt Michael had by Sony. This is purely just devils advocate, I am glad Sony are doing the job they are at the minute, it's deserved for a man of his greatness.

Oh stfu already Michael talked about Sony in 2002 and not 2009. He collaborated with them for this is it and and thriller 25, it has been well established that whatever issues there were in 2002 there werent present in 2009. Gotta love MJ fans ability to twist and turn everything to suit THEIR agenda

Michael didn't want to do T25 because he was afraid that it would be a commercial failure. He was shocked when it sold three million by the end of the year. And Michael had forgiven Sony after Mottolla resigned--MJ suggested the idea of an Off the Wall 30 to Sony in November 2008 and expressed interest in it being released. Don't yell at Sony; it's ancient history.

:agree: :agree:

Oh stfu already Michael talked about Sony in 2002 and not 2009. He collaborated with them for this is it and and thriller 25, it has been well established that whatever issues there were in 2002 there werent present in 2009. Gotta love MJ fans ability to twist and turn everything to suit THEIR agenda

Not This Is It.

come on song previews!!!! how long do you think it will take until we have them? anyone know how long we waited after the Michael album was announced for previews?

What the F is up with She Was Lovin Me and Chicago? People "confirm" they're both the same one and different songs - How's that possible.

Woah, chill out! I never said that's what I felt, it's just presenting the idea. Michael did not willingly work with them again, This is It had no Sony involvement, heck they didn't even have a tour sponsor! I have no agenda, so don't assume I do.

come on song previews!!!! how long do you think it will take until we have them? anyone know how long we waited after the Michael album was announced for previews?

...the album was announced two days ago. We won't be getting song previews until next month. They never release extracts until the album is coming up. You're expecting too much.

Woah, chill out! I never said that's what I felt, it's just presenting the idea. Michael did not willingly work with them again, This is It had no Sony involvement, heck they didn't even have a tour sponsor! I have no agenda, so don't assume I do.

Yes he did. He agreed to be involved in Thriller 25; if he really wanted to, he could have said no. He went to them with the idea of Off the Wall 30. And if he did go to a record label for his next album, I guarantee he would have gone for Sony first. (He did toy with the idea of releasing it independently.)

Michael didn't want to do T25 because he was afraid that it would be a commercial failure. He was shocked when it sold three million by the end of the year. And Michael had forgiven Sony after Mottolla resigned--MJ suggested the idea of an Off the Wall 30 to Sony in November 2008 and expressed interest in it being released. Don't yell at Sony; it's ancient history.

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks AlwaysThere, that is interesting.

I think we are far away from snippets. They will probably release snippets week before the album. First we will get the announcement of the tracklist and the first single, then the first single, then the music video.. then I would say around end of the month snippets.

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks AlwaysThere, that is interesting.

Of course :) it's always fun to learn more. Trust me, I thought the same thing at first and was totally against Sony.

Why should the Estate shy away from releasing a track that seems to be one of the best on the album, if not the best, based on the reviews just because what lowbrow tabloids like the Mirror write (I'm not even sure why do we quote tabloid articles here)? Whether such a song is released or not tabloids will always write crap about MJ. The Mirror is the same paper who made up that fake "FBI files" crap last year so they absolutely do not need a song being released to write crap. I say haters gonna hate, screw them.

If anything people should think about whether someone who molests children would write such a passionate song against child abuse? If anything it shows Michaeel's real heart and intentions. Child abuse allegations will soon be in the media again anyway, with Rob$on's allegations being in the court system, maybe some will stop and think about it: "Wait, so he wrote this song supposedly while he was molesting Rob$son? How does it make sense?"

I was thinking that myself. Unfortunately, knowing how haters are, they'll immediately brush that aside and come up with a desperate yet somewhat believable explanation as to how this song implies that Michael was a pedophile, and seeing how the vast majority of the human race are idiots, they'll believe it. They're going to say things like "He was fighting his demons and put it into song form/he knew it was wrong all along but did it anyway/he was taunting his victims with this!" Hell, I'm fairly certain someone, somewhere on the internet has commented on an article about the album/song with at least one of the examples I just used, or at least had it pop into their heads.

Sit back and relax my friend!

DYKWYCA is a controversial song, let the media talk, let them write...

This is called MEDIA EXPOSURE. People will buy the album :D

How am I supposed to relax when people could very easily do what I described above and incite more hate and hysteria? >.< Don't get me wrong I'm still excited about the album but I'm so anxious with all this other crap going on.

I think we are far away from snippets. They will probably release snippets week before the album. First we will get the announcement of the tracklist and the first single, then the first single, then the music video.. then I would say around end of the month snippets.

damn okay thanks for that :) When do you imagine we will get the announcement of the first single and tracklist?

Announcement about first single could come next week already I think. - Maybe same time as the tracklist is announced! :)

Of course :) it's always fun to learn more. Trust me, I thought the same thing at first and was totally against Sony.

I'm not totally against Sony at all! I just never knew the real ins and outs of how he felt.

damn okay thanks for that :) When do you imagine we will get the announcement of the first single and tracklist?

I would say nex week. Monday or Tusday. Video week later.

OnirMJ;3977751 said:
Nobody wants another MICHAEL album (except Roger Friedman, James Porte & Cascio brothers $$$).

Did you read the official statement?? They are releasing the original versions also. And many sources confirmed that there is no Cascio tracks on the album. Just Michael Jackson's tracks.

You know, i did, but i was hearing that the Xscape version that you here on the commercial for Sony Xperia its ANOTHER VERSION.... and i don´t like that version, I WONT THE ORIGINAL understand???

cause if the Xscape version they put on the album is that one, then i guess it will be another "Michael"....

You know, im just trying to protect Michael's sound... he was original... if they convert those songs into nowadays sounds... then its a shame... Michael wanted to be unic...

FedoraHatGirl2058;3977773 said:
You know, i did, but i was hearing that the Xcape version that you here on the commercial for Sony Xperia its ANOTHER VERSION.... and i don´t like the version for Xperia I WONT THE ORIGINAL understand???

cause if the Xcape version they put on the album is that one, then i guess it will be another "Michael"....

Are you reading what I'm writing? Re-Read the announcement.

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/xscape-new-album-coming-may-13th

All songs will be released twice. New album versions and original Michael's versions (how he left them, unfinished or finished, in various states of completion depending on the track).

Singles, videos, commercials will of course feature new versions, but they are releasing original versions too. For the fans.

And again, there is no fake songs on this album so it won't be another MICHAEL.

You know, im just trying to protect Michael's sound... he was original... if they convert those songs into nowadays sounds... then its a shame... Michael wanted to be unic...

Michael also wanted to be current and on top of the charts. That is a well known fact. Unfinished demos or even finished songs (like Escape 2002 mix) will not acomplish that because they either sound dated (Escape) or they are just demos (Love Never Felt So Good).

If you don't like new versions, you can always buy just originals on itunes or buy Deluxe Edition and throw away disc 1.

Ok, right, i have faith, i guess they thought the version for xperia was better so they put that one on the commercial..

Ok, right, i have faith, i guess they thought the version for xperia was better so they put that one on the commercial..

That is the album version or standard edition version. When they release the single that's the version they'll use. Original tracks are just bonus.

They finished unfinished recordings and made them current or releasable for radio, TV...

Im not sure if Michael woud do anything to be on charts, im thinking, he would do some things, but never changing his original touch... Ok, cant trust Sony, sorry i have my doubts, let me have them.. ok?

That is the album version or standard edition version. When they release the single that's the version they'll use. Original tracks are just bonus.

They finished unfinished recordings and made them current or releasable for radio, TV...

ok.. ok.. Sony has the rights now, so i guess, what can I do...

Back