Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

^That shows there is 3.27 left to go from where it is currently playing, which is between 1/4th and 1/3rd of the song. So it's longer than 3.27.

Maaaan...

There's 3:27 left of the song. But you also can see that the song is only one third through by the indicator.

1ivir.png

I see -3:27 (as 3:27 minutes left).

Wait wait...Damien said in the article that xscape will be the 1st single , so if that true those 3:27 can be a radio edit :D :D Wait until billy tell us his source....

LOOOOOOOL, that is -3:27..It means what is remaining of the track :D :D

Ah, I didn't know that's how that worked. I assumed the song was 3:27 as a total. It appears then...To be a little over 4 minutes.

Wait wait...Damien said in the article that xscape will be the 1st single

I read the article and couldn't find that part. Can you quote it please?

Not only Thriller 25, but a separate contract for the Ultimate Collection and Visionary as well, despite the popular belief and what some people have said, his contract truly did end with Number Ones. He could have walked away from Sony and never looked back after 2003, but he chose to continue to work with them.

What's visionary?

Billyjeanplxiv;3978117 said:
Ah, I didn't know that's how that worked. I assumed the song was 3:27 as a total. It appears then...To be a little over 4 minutes.

Can you please post the source of that pic cause i really like it :D :D

OnirMJ;3978118 said:
I read the article and couldn't find that part. Can you quote it please?

Here You are:

said LaShawn Daniels. “I had the opportunity to work with and befriend the greatest artist of all time MICHAEL JACKSON … on the last studio album he recorded while he was alive. I wrote the title track ‘INVINCIBLE’, which became the album title, as well as ‘You Rock My World’ which was his first single ALONG WITH 6 other songs on that album. Now years after his death I am fortunate enough to be apart of another one of his albums with an original song never heard before that I co-wrote. This song serves as the album title as well as first single; XSCAPE.

I wouldn't say a little over. I think it's 4:45.

I'd say 4:30 to 4:45

(and PLEASE don't shock me the next time you're investigating something. D-D-D-Doublcheck yoself! ;-D)

How do you know that? Did they cut half of the song?

I hate that. I don't like short songs. I thought that the songs will be 7-8 minutes long with great music like 20/20 Experience. It is stupid thing to cut songs just to fit on 1 CD. They should have made double CD with full length songs.

One of the main pieces of criticism The 20/20 Experience received pertained to the ridiculous song lengths which amounted to nothing extraordinary. Let's be real, 7 to 8 minutes is long even for Michael and the point is to retain his essence within the reworked production.

Onir, i see.. We're the true investigators...

;-D ;-)

Everyone and their mama are telling us, that their song is the first single...

;-D ;-D ;-D

amazon is showing the physical release as "Double CD" - so it should be a second disc and the chances are higher to have longer tracks.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I took what he said to mean that he used parts of the recent photo along with other photos of Michael. Not sure now where I got that "other photos" from because he doesn't say he used others... but that's just where my brain went to :dntknw:

Thanks for the clarification.

You weren't the only one. That's where my mind went to too :lol:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You&#39;re going to love it &quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljun1108">@michaeljun1108</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/JackieJackson5">@JackieJackson5</a>
I was very excited to hear the new MJ CD album news!!!!:) <a href="http://t.co/i1yNwmFOjE">pic.twitter.com/i1yNwmFOjE</a>&quot;</p>&mdash; Jackie Jackson (@JackieJackson5) <a href="https://twitter.com/JackieJackson5/statuses/450856244845084673">April 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Onir, i see.. We're the true investigators...

;-D ;-)

I measured from the photo 2,2 cm (played) and 6,1 cm (left to be played = 3,27 min). Which gives us:
3,27*2,2/6,1=1,18 min. 3,27+1,18=4,45!

Hahaha..

One of the main pieces of criticism The 20/20 Experience received pertained to the ridiculous song lengths which amounted to nothing extraordinary. Let's be real, 7 to 8 minutes is long even for Michael and the point is to retain his essence within the reworked production.

I liked it.

correction, using the photo and level curves. It appears as if Escape is 1:12 into the track with 3:22 left to go.

Xscape: 4:34

I messured from the photo 2,2 cm (played) and 6,1 cm (left to be played = 3,27 min). Which gives us:
3,27*2,2/6,1=1,18 min. 3,27+1,18=4,45!

Hahaha..

You're close. However my original 3:27 was inaccurate. I was off by 5 seconds.

The New calculation is: 4:38

Is it 4:34 or 4:38....

By the way: i got a heads up from Richard Lecocqe.
He came from the listening session with the opinion that 'She Was Lovin' Me' & 'Chicago' ARE TWO DIFFERENT songs.

My guess is that Joe Vogel heard an early version of the track listing & there was maybe no Chicago (1945).
So he concluded that SWLM is Chicago because of one of the lyrics...

@Billyjean: You was off by one minute & 5 seconds!

zzz.. don't be inaccurate yet again! ;-)

Is it me being impatient or could the estate announce the official track list and releasing SlaveTo The Rhythm on this days already?

it looks like the general public and the 70mil+ fans on facebook dont bother about the new album. :[

People will buy it, because it's Michael Jackson. Or will listen to it, because it's Michael Jackson.
So in this case people will buy it or listen to it. Through radio, Itunes, YouTube or just a CD (or maybe vinyl)
Btw, don't think those people on FB will all bother about MJ.

Mystery solved. Both Chicago 1945 & SWLM are on the album. Joe was wrong.

The tracklist is complete!

Update: Xscape has gone down to 27 in the UK.. we need more promotion! FAST

Looking most forward to those two

Update: Xscape has gone down to 27 in the UK.. we need more promotion! FAST
Relax, man. It's not even our duty to promote. It's not like you get paid like the people they have hired

i think the photo the estate chose for this cover is fantastic and i love the way it was finished by the designer! as soon as i return from HMV i shall be running home (which is 10 miles) and playing XSCAPE on full volume from track 1 to track 17 and then watching the video's!!!! reading the booklet and probably do the same again, hehe. I hope to see posters all over the city centre! oh and this reminds me, MJBT.. when are HMV getting the deluxe edition?

he did the ultimate collection to fulfill his contract, as he states ''It's just a box set really.''

mjbt?

I'm curious to why it seems to be so affordable,[regardless of format] considering prices in the past have been relatively high.

Back