Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Wow LA Reid? I didn't know that. What songs did he work on with him?

Fun fact: L.A. Reid and Babyface were originally supposed to work with Jermaine in 1989, but put him on hold after Michael requested them. Jermaine was furious--he had told Michael that he was setting up a collaboration long before MJ ever called them. Michael worked with Babyface and L.A. for about three weeks before he dropped everything they worked on altogether. Those two were understandably angry, and went to Jermaine to work their anger out into music. And what was the music that resulted? The original version of Word to the Badd, with all the MJ innuendo.

Mystery solved. Both Chicago 1945 & SWLM are on the album. Joe was wrong.

The tracklist is complete!

I don't believe that. Joe specifically outlined that the other song wasn't Chicago 1945, and he's heard it before. Besides, as Richard also said, the track listing is not yet definite. Anything could change. This is exactly what happened with the Michael album: the track listing wasn't set in stone until about a week after the album announcement.

Of course Joe COULD be wrong. But in any case Richard could be purposely misleading fans so we would be surprised when the final list is announced. He does work with Sony so I could see why he would want to.

Update: Xscape has gone down to 27 in the UK.. we need more promotion! FAST

Seriously? Zakk, relax. Do you really expect Xscape to maintain consistent sales numbers? It won't. Sales will spike and sales will fall long after the album is released. When the first single is put out, odds are it will spike again but will fall overtime. It's inevitable and no amount of promotion will stop it.

Is it me being impatient or could the estate announce the official track list and releasing SlaveTo The Rhythm on this days already?

It's justifiable impatience. You need to treat this album like it was any other: just relax and let whatever happens happen.

Mystery solved. Both Chicago 1945 & SWLM are on the album. Joe was wrong.

The tracklist is complete!

Why do you say that?

For those who wonder what LNFSG could sound like with a little production, check out this thing I quickly slopped together.

https://www.mediafire.com/?kdk5axyvyp2lb9z

the 17 songs will fit on one disc, hence why Xscape (Jerkins 2014) is 3:27. I tested it yesterday and if you cut out the demo intro, most of the end and some junk inbetween you can cut Xscape to 3:27 and still maintain all verses and chorus's minus ending adlibs.

Wow I love your version

http://imgur.com/ZlXXHAx

Shame the picture posted earlier only features a 4:30 minute version of Xscape when my version is almost 10 minutes long ;)

All fun aside, that picture earlier does not really prove anything more than the picture I have linked to, which CLEARLY is a fake picture !

Do not trust everything you see or hear

I believe in 'Chicago' being 'Chicago 1945'.
I don't believe in 'Chicago' being 'She Was Lovin' Me'.
And i believe both tracks will be on the album.

And my believe can move mountains... ;)

Richard Lecocq confirmed that the both songs ARE on the album.

And on could probably get it wrong & take one song for the other.
BUT nobody can be wrong when he actually hears TWO DIFFERENT tracks.

The latter is what Richard confirmed. Chicago & SWLM are TWO DIFFERENT tracks. AND BOTH are on the album.

At the very least they are on the current track list which was presented in UK & France.

oh man I was hoping we'd get to hear that Christmas song one day. I didn't know it wasn't finished though. you know what I don't care that it's not finished. lol. I want to hear that song.

I also always wanted Michael to record a Christmas solo album. I'm sad that, that never happened.

Glad you agree lol

amazon is showing the physical release as "Double CD" - so it should be a second disc and the chances are higher to have longer tracks.

Disc 2 on the Deluxe Edition is a DVD.

Slave to the rhythm, he worked on that song with Kenneth Edmonds & Michael Jackson in 1989. Maybe some other song's too, but that's the most popular known title as of now

Thank you for the answer :)

I still believe Joe unless I'm given a reason not to. I cannot believe that Chicago would be a mid tempo recording.

I still believe Joe unless I'm given a reason not to. I cannot believe that Chicago would be a mid tempo recording.

Always: You have it wrong!

Chicago is no mid tempo recording.

Joe Vogel never heard Chicago in connection with the new album.
That's why he thinks SWLM is Chicago (because of the lyric).
Most possibly Joe heard an early track list with some mid tempo song instead of chicago...
Or maybe he wants to confuse us.
I think at the moment he is more in the corner of Sony/Estate than Richard, so he has the better reasons to do just that.

Richard was at the listening yesterday just as a journalist, so there is no deeper connection to the estate than probably Joe's.
Besides Joe has heard the early track list before the listening sessions reach the US.

Last edited:

Well, Timbaland himself said that Chicago would be on the album, so I'm more inclined to believe him over some fan/author.

I was reading Zack O'Malley-Greenburg's latest article and there was a good idea for an album launch:

"jaris32 15 hours ago
Hey Zack, I have good idea that I think would work even better than Beyonce’s album launch. Michael’s estate should work out an arrangement with Facebook where they send like a direct message to all 70 million of Michael Jackson’s facebook followers (people who have already been following him as of the date of the launch) with a link to were they can buy the album at a special price of just $3.99. That’s as cheap as some ring tones. If they make it a limited time one day offer and it is targeted to people who are known to be a fan since they already liked the page then imagine if just a third of the 70 million fans make the purchase. That’s about 23 million albums sold in one day. Even though it is discounted to $3.99 it doesn’t matter cause it is a digital download and there is no cost for printing the cd or packaging and at $3.99 a piece times 23 million that equals $91.77 million with one day of sales. Even if they sold only half that amount it would be astronomical for one day of sales. I think a facebook album launch would be the next genius idea for an album launch and would work way better than the Itunes launch that Beyonce did."

To me it seems to be a good idea, what you think?

Update: Xscape has gone down to 27 in the UK.. we need more promotion! FAST

Relax Zakk.

Albums that are actually released to buy are always higher than those that don't even have a track list.

It goes like this;

Album announced and made available to pre-order = surge in orders from hard-core fans.

Unreleased albums falls down iTunes Charts.

Album gets released, and surges back up charts as casual/new/only buy 'physical' fans pick up their copy.

It never works any other way.

Richard Lecocq confirmed that the both songs ARE on the album.

On his twitter? Yeah, but Joe Vogel goes into so much more detail, that I'm more inclined to believe him. Lecocq just dropped a quick "yes", right after he said he's not allowed to say anything anyway.

By the way, isn't the new Sony phone with the album coming out in April? So that means we'll actually get to hear the album way before May 13, right?

Bubs;3978184 said:
I was reading Zack O'Malley-Greenburg's latest article and there was a good idea for an album launch:

"jaris32 15 hours ago
Hey Zack, I have good idea that I think would work even better than Beyonce’s album launch. Michael’s estate should work out an arrangement with Facebook where they send like a direct message to all 70 million of Michael Jackson’s facebook followers (people who have already been following him as of the date of the launch) with a link to were they can buy the album at a special price of just $3.99. That’s as cheap as some ring tones. If they make it a limited time one day offer and it is targeted to people who are known to be a fan since they already liked the page then imagine if just a third of the 70 million fans make the purchase. That’s about 23 million albums sold in one day. Even though it is discounted to $3.99 it doesn’t matter cause it is a digital download and there is no cost for printing the cd or packaging and at $3.99 a piece times 23 million that equals $91.77 million with one day of sales. Even if they sold only half that amount it would be astronomical for one day of sales. I think a facebook album launch would be the next genius idea for an album launch and would work way better than the Itunes launch that Beyonce did."

To me it seems to be a good idea, what you think?

He should pass this idea on to the estate!

Fun fact: L.A. Reid and Babyface were originally supposed to work with Jermaine in 1989, but put him on hold after Michael requested them. Jermaine was furious--he had told Michael that he was setting up a collaboration long before MJ ever called them. Michael worked with Babyface and L.A. for about three weeks before he dropped everything they worked on altogether. Those two were understandably angry, and went to Jermaine to work their anger out into music. And what was the music that resulted? The original version of Word to the Badd, with all the MJ innuendo.

Oh god. That awful "song" :no:

Victor;3978128 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You're going to love it "<a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljun1108">@michaeljun1108</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/JackieJackson5">@JackieJackson5</a>
I was very excited to hear the new MJ CD album news!!!!:) <a href="http://t.co/i1yNwmFOjE">pic.twitter.com/i1yNwmFOjE</a>"</p>— Jackie Jackson (@JackieJackson5) <a href="https://twitter.com/JackieJackson5/statuses/450856244845084673">April 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

and TJ says in his interview with The Sun that he doesn't think Michael would approve this release
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/michael-jackson-like-new-album-447391.html

Leave it to the family members who doesn't get to work with the new release to start complaining.

Now we just need to know what's on the videos lol
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
video#1: people involed to the Xscape project are confessing that they haven't faked and/or copy&pasted MJs vocals
video#2: forensic analysis regarding the authenticity of MJs voice - an video proof made by authorities

video#1: people involed to the Xscape project asre confessing that they haven't faked/copy&pasted MJs vocals
video#2: forensic analysis regarding the authenticity of MJs voice

No silly:)
They have so much of video footage of Michael in the studio making these songs, that it has to be broken in 2 separate videos.

Back