Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

However it's being promoted, in a few days we'll have new Michael Jackson music. :)

They talked about Xscape on the radio today! And they played LNFSG :) !!!

Wooohooo! I got an email at 2am my time from my credit card company alerting me that an international charge just posted... FROM AMAZON.DE ... and sure enough, my XSCAPE order status now shows as "shipment is prepared". :) Sounds like it's probably shipping today, which would mean likely arrival on Thursday! :wild: (next-day shipping here) :dancin:

Here is the STTR Clip of the Ellen Show http://youtu.be/YON_C_T0Rwo

It sounds slightly different than Tricky's version to me, too. But only slightly. Hmmm.

Last edited:

I'm loving 'loving you'. grrrreat. Couldn't resist. I swear is the last one till release!

Wait... didn't you just say you weren't giving in? Make up your mind already! :lol:

Tricky Stewart's version is similar to the original because, from what I can tell, Tricky didn't do anything to the vocal track as far as cutting/pasting/moving phrases goes. It's the full song with brand new music. That's why the track lengths are the same.

Moreover, L.A. Reid (who executive produced Xscape) produced the original version of STTR. Do you really think he would be stupid enough to put the 2010 mix on the album?

Some fans.

Tricky Stewart's version is similar to the original because, from what I can tell, Tricky didn't do anything to the vocal track as far as cutting/pasting/moving phrases goes. It's the full song with brand new music. That's why the track lengths are the same.

Moreover, L.A. Reid (who executive produced Xscape) produced the original version of STTR. Do you really think he would be stupid enough to put the 2010 mix on the album?

Some fans.

You're talking like you were there with Michael and LA again dude!

You're talking like you were there with Michael and LA again dude!

Unless you have the album already, you don't know what's on it.

I never said that I was there with L.A. or Michael. I said from what I can tell. It's my own opinion based on how the track is formed, and I never implied it was fact.

But as far as what version of the song would be released, think about it. Timbaland's version has already been heard by dozens of fans and press, and not a single person has suggested that it was the leaked mix. The original version was included and reviewed by the man who produced it back in 1989. Do you really think that he would put the leaked mix on there, in place of the original recording, and try to pull the wool over our eyes? The estate might have done something to that level on a completely ignorant basis, but not L.A. Reid.

Fans are jumping to conclusions. If an event is off, SURELY the estate needs to be blamed! It's like the situation with LNFSG being taken off of YouTube for unknown reasons; something bad happened, so immediately the estate is to blame, right? Everything above uses complete logic. And again, nowhere did I make "promises" or "guarantees," did I? Just using common sense ;)

Unless you have the album already, you don't know what's on it.

you can read some reviews and you'll see that AlwaysThere is right why would the billboard magazinr talk about an original version with just drums and bass if it's not on the deluxe edition ?? and why would LA Reid give priority to an amateur 1990 techno mix (Tricky's version) over the one he produced and witnessed being made in the studio ??? the guy has the masters (24 vocal takes) + Timbaland version and he'll use tricky's mix if he does that he needs to sell fries not be the boss of Epic Records

@AlwaysThere hey mister i will not break lol are you ready for APWNN (stargate version) ?? :p

:ph34r: i'm watching you

@AlwaysThere hey mister i will not break lol are you ready for APWNN (stargate version) ?? :p

:ph34r: i'm watching you

Very much appreciate the back up :) But I'm thrilled! Though I feel I may be a bit biased towards this new version, given that I'm very accustomed to the 2008 mix that leaked last year. In any sense, I'm excited to hear how they took it on! How about you?

And likewise, my friend... likewise :assassin:

Very much appreciate the back up :) But I'm thrilled! Though I feel I may be a bit biased towards this new version, given that I'm very accustomed to the 2008 mix that leaked last year. In any sense, I'm excited to hear how they took it on! How about you?

And likewise, my friend... likewise :assassin:

I'm expecting it to be totally different we will be surprised (i'll miss the Horse with no name guitar sample tho)

Oh and get ready to defend "the Vocoder" lol heard there's some on this one or is it maybe DYKWYCA

Even if the new version sucks (which I highly doubt), I'm super excited to hear the original in CDQ later this week.

Some fans.

Agreed...That's what I was trying to say pretty much...

Zakk, Billboard Awards is May 18th so you are most likely correct that #xscapetovegas contest winners will go to the award show for the Michael surprise promised which sounds exciting.

Here is the STTR Clip of the Ellen Show http://youtu.be/YON_C_T0Rwo

Sounds like Stewart's version to me. DeGeneres only played what she was given from Sony.

I am actually more interested in the Xscape original and if it will be the leak that is known with the prisoners' and prison guard interlude.

I do not have the distaste for the STTR leak that others may have. We never heard the original so who really knows what Stewart removed or did not remove?

AlwaysThere, I thought you were a female lol

I would say that when APWNN premieres less than 30 minutes (!!!) it'll really be the first time we can truly tell how much of a difference they're truly making the new versions as opposed to the original versions..

Yes we already have the comparisons with LNFSG but that was an old school song meant to have an old school feel. And we already knew it would be somewhat similar since we were told well in advance that the only master track they had contained both vocals and piano, and one could assume that the piano would be prominent even in the new version (as it was)...

And with Chicago and Loving You, we had no original demos as a "jumping off" point, or a foundation to compare how different/same the 2014 version is.

Tonight, that'll really change..

It'll be interesting to see how different Stargate chose to take this already beloved (amongst hardcore fans) underground track and make it their own...or even if it's that much different..

From what I've heard, it's supposed to be like an entirely different song!! Exciting!

So is there going to be a music video for LNFSG?

In 1 mins .. ! OMG :woohoo: :jump: :chillin:

So Exciting How the Stargate Brothers Turns out the song in their hands...lets see what they did with the song.. ;)

Whoa, vocoder effect. Sounds good so far!

Edit: It's up, guys.

So sleepy, come song, come already!

Can definitely tell its a Stargate production.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god they will give us the originals

It stays fairly close to the 2008 mix, but now there's a rolling beat throughout and some robo effects.

The Way You Make Me Feel doesn't seem to be directly sampled in this, contrary to some early impressions.

Back