Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Random, but I've come to actually completely dislike the Slave demo. No energy whatsoever, especially in the choruses. I won't dwell on it, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Oh, I'm so surprised by this coming from you...! (No offense, it's just that it starts to be a little funny. :cheeky: )

The estate has the cooperation of the original songwriters. If the lyrics are wrong, it's because they gave them the wrong ones. Maybe the lyrics you had were wrong.

Interestingly enough, a few Xscape lyrics are now more audible. I still had a few errors in the lyrics I compiled and all of a sudden I can hear some stuff in the booklet is indeed correct ("that has no end" instead of "that hassle this man") - but not all. Eg it's not "face" but "please" which is quite audible in this different original mix.

Just listened to the original of APWNN - The original oozes so much groove. Those sharp snare snaps are so cool and drives the song. The new one is cool too.

The rumors are true, the estate of Michael Jackson have created a super expensive hologram that will appear at the billboard awards.. i hope there will be a world tour after this.

I really hope not. Posthumous albums, okay, but concerts with a hologram? No, no, please no.

''the Estate of Michael Jackson has created a Michael Jackson world premier experience'' extends on the fact that there's something more coming...

I really like the new DYKWYCA actually. Though the beat sounds like an old Nintendo game start up screen.

We all have our tastes - likes and dislikes on the album - but overall I think this is a strong album. I hope the general public can put aside any prejudice they have against Michael and enjoy this. Because there is a lot to enjoy here.

Oh My Gawd, I'm in love with both Xscapes..

"I tried to share my life with someone I can loveee, but games and money was all she ever thought of, how can that be my fault when she gambled and lostt....."

Never realized how powerful his lyrics actually were in this song. Guess it's because of the low quality of the leaked version we all had.

And the Original Chicago !! That's my heart right there...I still like the new mix too, but the original is deep and has this mystique about it, that the new mix doesn't. Though I like how they made his vocals during the chorus (She was loving meee, she was wanting meeee/I'm holding her to blameee) louder on the new mix. They're barely audible on the original, as well as the bridge.

Sorry to sound a bit down but I haven't been enjoying the latest reveals much. I don't know why the producers seemed so intent on ruining the chorus and groove of the songs they received, but I feel that they did. APWNN, Slave, Xscape... I'm sorry, but the songs that have leaked before Xscape still remain my favourites and then some.

The new Xscape!
Great work by Jerkins!

I don't see why people aren't going as crazy as me?????? Michael jackson world premiere experience created by the estate at the billboard awards!!!!!!!! I hope it goes worldwide (the hologram i mean, not just a video of it)

Huh? Why? I thought it will be released tomorrow....

Sometimes places (like Amazon) will often ship pre-order items early so you receive them either on release day or the day before.
Yes, some of us received it already! I'm in Germany and pre-ordered from amazon.de and it arrived this afternoon! Feeling so happy right about now! ;) :wild: :chillin:

I'm in such a celebratory mood right now! :punk::clap::woohoo::jump:
Me toooooooo! :bounce:

Xscape is what i neeed from these electric eyes OMG Jerkins did it

I really like the new DYKWYCA actually. Though the beat sounds like an old Nintendo game start up screen.
Wish I could say the same: DYKWYCA, APWNN and Xscape in my opinion are the weaker tracks; what a letdown from all the great reviews we've heard about DYKWYCA. Still excited overall but some of these new productions should've been handled with care and Michael in mind, not what's current.
:big_boss:

Last edited:

What happened to the wonderful strings in STTR?

mjbunny;4000290 said:
Yes, some of us received it already! I'm in Germany and pre-ordered from amazon.de and it arrived this afternoon! Feeling so happy right about now! ;) :wild: :chillin:

Me toooooooo! :bounce:

Oh, also haben sie es dir schon früher geschickt?
Glückspilz! :), ich muss bis morgen warten....:(

Loving You is MUCH different than the Timbaland version. The last line of the first verse actually has different lyrics, and you can tell it's an alternate vocal take. It seems to me that Timbaland also pitched the entire song up a bit as the final chorus repetitions seems to be in a higher key than the first half. Not sure which I prefer, though both are outstanding.

But the new version of Xscape is INCREDIBLE. Better than the demo by far.

Wish I could say the same: DYKWYCA, APWNN and Xscape in my opinion are the weaker tracks; what a letdown from all the great reviews we've heard about DYKWYCA. Still excited overall but some of these new productions should have been handled with care and Michael in mind, not what's current.
:big_boss:

I hate APWNN, just for all the Leave Me Alone influence, so I hear ya.

On a different note, the original DYKWYCA, is wayyyy better than the leaked version we got years ago. Who's idea was it to strip all the instrumentation and just leave that Hip Hop background? Whoever it is, deserves a smack.

Disappointed with both original and Timbo's DYKWYCA. 2010 mix with Steve Lukather is the best by far.

Loving You demo sounds weird to me ....like tape damage of some kind.
Tape "drag" that makes a false wawe sound.......cant explain it.
Either a bad rip or I`m having a hearing issue.....most lkely the latter :/

Just saw a news report here in sweden on escape! It was really good, save for one reporter making a ridiculous comment saying that this CD would probably be better than an Original CD from Michael if he was still alive. Other than that, it was great. Promotion is going really strong

Disappointed with both original and Timbo's DYKWYCA. 2010 mix with Steve Lukather is the best by far.

I second that. Though I guess you could give Timbo credit, because his version is closer to the original in terms of production (they both have an electronic sound).

It`s been a long time since i last posted here but after i heard the new album i wanted to share my thoughts!It`s really a good effort with some good remixes,(much much better than the MICHAEL album)but the real surprise were the original demos which are all great and show MJ`s greatness!
And now the real reason I`m posting!CHICAGO demo is killing me,it became an all time favourite allready.Goosebumps!!!!

Xscape's new mix is sensational. Best track on the album.

Just saw a news report here in sweden on escape! It was really good, save for one reporter making a ridiculous comment saying that this CD would probably be better than an Original CD from Michael if he was still alive. Other than that, it was great. Promotion is going really strong

I was just gonna write this too!!
I was really surprised seeing it!

I mean it was on the evening news on one of the biggest tv-channel in the country. They talked about the new album, interviewed some fans and a music journalist and showed clips of MJ performing etc.

Great promotion.

My first review:

1. Love Never Felt So Good (Recorded 1983)
+ NEU (J. McClain) [9/10]
+ ORIGINAL [8/10]
+ Bonus: Justin Timberlake Remake [10/10]

2. Chicago (1999)
+ NEU (by Timbaland) [10/10]
+ ORIGINAL [5/10]

3. Loving You (~1986)
+ ORIGINAL [8/10]

4. A Place With No Name (1998)
+ NEU (by Stagate) [9/10]
+ ORIGINAL [10/10]

5. Slave to the Rhythm (1989)
+ NEU (by Timbaland) [8/10]
+ ORIGINAL [7/10]

6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (1990)
+ ORIGINAL [10/10]

7. Blue Gangsta (1998)
+ NEU (by Timbaland) [8/10]
+ ORIGINAL [9/10]

8. Xscape (1999)
+ NEU (by Jerkins) [9/10]
+ ORIGINAL [10/10]

It's a nice Album.
Expected much more from BG and STTR though.

All in all 8,5/10

I second that. Though I guess you could give Timbo credit, because his version is closer to the original in terms of production (they both have an electronic sound).

Yeah, it's clear that Timbo never heard 2010 version and that he re-worked the original version.

But whoever did 2010 version with Lukather should get 10 grammy awards and lifetime achievement award.

You wanted the originals as MJ last heard 'em thats what you got ;)

Edit : Man if only MJ could hear what timbaland did with Chicago he'd love it

When i first heard the new
(full) version of XSCAPE,
i almost threw up, it is so damn good! :clapping: :D

Wait where/how are you guys hearing the complete album?!

Back