Yokohoma Concert

snapware

Proud Member
Do you guys think the Estate would ever release the Yokohoma concert on DVD? The bonus footage they showed on the Bad25 DVD shows that the quality is great!

I Wonder if they have the Brisbane(s) concerts. I wanna see that bad performance with Stevie Wonder!

Tinkerbell, that was exactly my point! If they included Shake Your Body Down To The Ground (Yokohoma) in the bonus footage, the Bad25 DVD would be perfect!

Definitely not. The Yokohama performance is widely available for free online and would be a total waste of a project. That's why they didn't release it for the Bad 25 DVD; they knew fans would be utterly pissed off if they did.

They should release unseen concerts. I'm sure they have almost all concerts from Michael's solo tours so they have plenty of unseen material for future releases. I want more concert releases but not Yokohama.

for the simple fact of them having Yokohama film masters as stated in the statement I would take a Blu-Ray release of that show! They could have Buenos Aires on Film as it was a planned release in 1993, also Victory Tour 84' is on film too, I remember someone saying that Voccaro dude has them! Triumph Tour is also on film as seen on the one DVD! and it's possible one of the Destiny shows is on film too! these shows with Munich 3D & Blu-Ray and future releases of this is it would be a great list to release!

Zakk;3742667 said:
for the simple fact of them having Yokohama film masters as stated in the statement I would take a Blu-Ray release of that show!

It's not necessarily film master, as masters can also mean video tape masters like betamax tape for example. As for what kind of masters are available of it, you can only guess because it is not mentioned. So further conclusions is nothing but speculation.

Admin;3649893 said:
We also could have chosen to release the Japanese concert from the first leg of the tour as there is a master of that show; but that concert was essentially a reincarnation of the Victory Tour with only two songs – “Bad” and “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” – added at the end. It isn’t what we believe the fans would want.

It's not necessarily film master, as masters can also mean video tape masters like betamax tape for example. As for what kind of masters are available of it, you can only guess because it is not mentioned. So further conclusions is nothing but speculation.

but still, the other shows I mentioned would be great releases!

for the simple fact of them having Yokohama film masters as stated in the statement I would take a Blu-Ray release of that show! They could have Buenos Aires on Film as it was a planned release in 1993, also Victory Tour 84' is on film too, I remember someone saying that Voccaro dude has them! Triumph Tour is also on film as seen on the one DVD! and it's possible one of the Destiny shows is on film too! these shows with Munich 3D & Blu-Ray and future releases of this is it would be a great list to release!
Henry Vaccaro you mean? He contacted me on Youtube sometime ago, offering me some rare stuff and whatnot. That is, if it was a legit account.

Last edited:
zld949.gif

Yokohama wasn't shot on film.
It was shot on tape.
They have the master copy of it.
It looks better than Wembley because it was shot with the intent to air on TV (more cameras for more coverage, etc.)

You can't take a TAPE and turn it into true HD.
None of the master (u-matic) tapes of any of the Bad Tour concerts can be made into HD. They were recorded to a TAPE.
The original TAPES look a lot prettier than Wembley (and maybe even Yokohama), but they will never be HD.
L.A. 89 was not shot on film. It was from a U-Matic tape. Yes, it looks damn good in THE ONE dvd, because they had the master copy.

The only way to make old footage HD is if it was shot on FILM.

I don't even think it was ever common to shoot an entire concert on FILM.
I know there's a Queen movie out. Not sure how that worked out. It may be do-able, but they'd have to change the film rolls.
I think (i could be wrong) the longest a film roll can be (shot at 24 frames) is 30 minutes. But I don't know if that also depends on what camera it is, etc.

Anyways, yeah. People asking for tapes to be put on Blu Ray because they think it will make it HD is maddening. It makes me...

tumblr_lfptyjeU2e1qbj46wo1_400.gif

:D

With all that said, the MSG footage in Bad 25 show just how pretty the U-Matic footage looks.
And THATS keeping in mind that they zoomed in on the picture to fill the 1080p/16:9 space. So even by altering it that way, you just KNOW that actual tape source is even a bit better.

I want a U.S. leg show in full so badly! I don't care of the audio is just "ok".

Henry Vaccaro you mean? He contacted me on Youtube sometime ago, offering me some rare stuff and whatnot. That is, if it was a legit account.

yeah that's the guy! he must know where the masters of Victory are

Do we know if Victory Tour was shot on film? Seems more likely they just have jumbo tron footage on tapes.

Anything on film was probably misc things (crowd shots, bits and pieces of performances of songs, and maybe the Billie Jean live video might have been shot on film as well. Would love to have that remastered without the frequent crowd shots).

so they have master tape of MSG, Minneoapolis, Dangerous Tour rehearsals etc. That's worked out now, what about Tokyo red shirt?

Instead of just Bad & IJCSLY, they could include songs that wasn't in second leg.
Full Setlist with songs from both legs.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Thing I Do For You
Off the Wall
Human Nature
Heartbreak Hotel
Another Part of Me
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
She's Out of My Life
I Want You Back
The Love You Save
I'll Be There
Rock With You
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Thriller
Lovely One
Bad Groove
Workin' Day and Night
Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man in the Mirror

Last edited:
Yes, they should have had the 1st leg songs. But when I said that in an earlier thread, everyone here was like "BUT THOSE WERENT ON THE BAD ALBUM!!!!!!!!!"

so they have master tape of MSG, Minneoapolis, Dangerous Tour rehearsals etc. That's worked out now, what about Tokyo red shirt?

Well, they never released a definite list of what they possess, but there's no reason to not believe they don't have at least 75% of all the Bad, Dangerous, and History tour shows in some form.
Not including Jacksons/Jackson 5 material, as well as behind the scenes material from all eras.

As far as Bad Tour goes, they probably have the majority of the shows (every show was copied to tape).

But there's no reason to release them to the general public (I'm not general, so I'd love all of the shows!).

Instead of just Bad & IJCSLY, they could include songs that wasn't in second leg.
Full Setlist with songs from both legs.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Thing I Do For You
Off the Wall
Human Nature
Heartbreak Hotel
Another Part of Me
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
She's Out of My Life
I Want You Back
The Love You Save
I'll Be There
Rock With You
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Thriller
Lovely One
Bad Groove
Workin' Day and Night
Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
Man in the Mirror

different order for me

1. Wanna be Startin' Somethin'
2. Things I do for you
3. Off the wall
4. Heartbreak Hotel
5. Another Part of Me
6. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
7. She's out of my Life
8. Jackson 5 Medley:
1. I want you back
2. The love you Save
3. I'll be There
9. Rock With You
10. Human Nature
11. You are my Lovely One
12. Smooth Criminal
13. Dirty Diana
14. Thriller
15. Bad Groove "interlude"
16. Working Day & Night
17. Beat it
18. Billie Jean
19. Shake your Body (Down To the ground)
20. Bad
21. The Way You Make Me Feel
22. Man in the Mirror

Last edited:
different order for me

1. Wanna be Startin' Somethin'
2. Things I do for you
3. Off the wall
4. Heartbreak Hotel
5. Another Part of Me
6. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
7. She's out of my Life
8. Jackson 5 Medley:
1. I want you back
2. The love you Save
3. I'll be There
9. Rock With You
10. You are my Lovely One
11. Smooth Criminal
12. Dirty Diana
13. Thriller
14. Bad Groove "interlude"
15. Working Day & Night
16. Beat it
17. Billie Jean
18. Shake your Body (Down To the ground)
19. Bad
20. The Way You Make Me Feel
21. Man in the Mirror

first 4 are in the same order as 87' anyway the rest are abvious

Brisbane has more powerful vocals, maybe that is on Betamax or
something somewhere?

zld949.gif

Yokohama wasn't shot on film.
It was shot on tape.
They have the master copy of it.
It looks better than Wembley because it was shot with the intent to air on TV (more cameras for more coverage, etc.)

You can't take a TAPE and turn it into true HD.
None of the master (u-matic) tapes of any of the Bad Tour concerts can be made into HD. They were recorded to a TAPE.
The original TAPES look a lot prettier than Wembley (and maybe even Yokohama), but they will never be HD.
L.A. 89 was not shot on film. It was from a U-Matic tape. Yes, it looks damn good in THE ONE dvd, because they had the master copy.

The only way to make old footage HD is if it was shot on FILM.

I don't even think it was ever common to shoot an entire concert on FILM.
I know there's a Queen movie out. Not sure how that worked out. It may be do-able, but they'd have to change the film rolls.
I think (i could be wrong) the longest a film roll can be (shot at 24 frames) is 30 minutes. But I don't know if that also depends on what camera it is, etc.

Anyways, yeah. People asking for tapes to be put on Blu Ray because they think it will make it HD is maddening. It makes me...

tumblr_lfptyjeU2e1qbj46wo1_400.gif

:D

With all that said, the MSG footage in Bad 25 show just how pretty the U-Matic footage looks.
And THATS keeping in mind that they zoomed in on the picture to fill the 1080p/16:9 space. So even by altering it that way, you just KNOW that actual tape source is even a bit better.

I want a U.S. leg show in full so badly! I don't care of the audio is just "ok".

about BLOODY TIME! people are so ignorant about the fact that only film can be hd!

next Bad Tour release, I want them to choose the highest quality video for an 88' concert!

I would buy a copy I love that concert. I have a mp4 version on my iPhone. I know the dances to that concert by heart I can't get enough of that concert.

i think we will be good with what we have
there are much rare concerts in the bad world tour

Great concert but it lacks the energy and polish of the second leg

Back