You Are My Life Appreciation Thread

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I have been listening to this song alot lately and it's a great song. It reminds me of songs from the early years like One day in your life, Music and me and even some songs from The Jacksons era :)

It's a decent track, i think for me though I'm not sure about the endless key changes, i think maybe that was a bad move. The verses are nice, the production is very lullabyic. The bridge is great too, the key change after the bridge was fine, i think the next key change was a bad move, i'd have kept it in the same key there but just done something to the instrumental to avoid it becoming too repetitive, an instrumental time round the chorus might have been effective, anything to avoid that extra key change for me. Other than that it's a nice listen and a good song :)

I am in love with this song. I know he wrote it for his own children but to me, I listen to it imagining that he is singing to all the children of the world :heart: Because he lived for them :heart: His vocal performance is so great, especially towards the end. It just brings me happiness, it really does.

Lark

Ever since I heard it I always appreciated it, but it wasn't till around 2004/5 when things started to get messy that I really fell in love with the song. Then again in 2009 I found an even greater appreciation for it. I think the album as a whole is amazing, I've never understood why some MJ fans talk it down, I love it!

It was one of the songs i forgot after the few first times i listend to it.
But now, when i hear it, im glad he had something he was proud, safe & made him happy about; his children. And that in the last few years of his life:cry: it makes me cry harder these past years everytime i listen to it.

Thanks Michael for this. And thank you for opening this thread midwestcowboy.

I am in love with this song. I know he wrote it for his own children but to me, I listen to it imagining that he is singing to all the children of the world :heart: Because he lived for them :heart: His vocal performance is so great, especially towards the end. It just brings me happiness, it really does.

Lark

I think so too.

Sometimes "simple" songs make our day. You Are My Life, Much Too Soon, Loving You, One Day In Your Life... YAML is part of Invincible's best quality, the ballads. It may not be my favorite on the album, but I'll always listen to it with a smile on my face.

MJ's sweet voice in YAML becomes the soundtrack to beautiful, reflective moments in life.

I mentioned this in another thread, it's the second verse for me.

I thought it was just a love song but after hearing it in private home movies and footage of his kids, i think about them.

Now, I wake up, everyday, with this smile upon my face, no more tears , no more pain ... cause you love me šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗ

Back