You know you're obsessed with MJ when...

Really? I see it loads. From Michael fans, non-fans, just anyone. Lost count of how often I've seen this.
You know, I avoid most threads on here when people start going negative (so like 90% of the threads). I don't see "fans" say this a lot, but whenever I do see it with non-fans, it's usually someone who makes it extremely clear in their comments that they have never actually watched Michael Jackson perform in their lives.

Not a single non-fan I've shown a Michael performance to has not reacted with "I mean, I knew he was good... he's Michael Jackson. But I had no idea he was THIS good," which was also my exact reaction to watching him. I have never been so comfortable defending the raw, undeniable brilliance of an artist as I am of him.

You know, I avoid most threads on here when people start going negative (so like 90% of the threads). I don't see "fans" say this a lot, but whenever I do see it with non-fans, it's usually someone who makes it extremely clear in their comments that they have never actually watched Michael Jackson perform in their lives.
Oh, I wasn't talking about the board. I was talking about the wider world. I do see this a lot. Apart from MJJC I'm not in fan-spaces but here and there on YT or in podcasts or whatever I see stuff. But mostly out in what I call the 'real' world (real to me, obvs). There is a *huge* amount of real, strong admiration for Michael as a dancer. And for the people who *don't* like him as a dancer, tbf, I wouldn't call that negativity. It's just a question of taste for the most part. Not always, of course. People who think he's rubbish bc his dance vocab is somewhat limited are judging him too harshly, imo. But often it's just they don't like his style. And, tbf, I can understand that. I can't get all that excited by Prince as a dancer but the people who like his dancing rate it really highly.

I don't get upset by this. I'm sure some of it is the usual, 'oh,let's take a poke at MJ'. Some of it displays a lack of understanding of what he's doing. And some people just don't like his dancing or think he is overrated. I disagree strongly but, whatever ... 🤷‍♀️

Really? I see it loads. From Michael fans, non-fans, just anyone. Lost count of how often I've seen this.
See this actually surprises me because I've literally never seen it, neither online or offline. Most people I know IRL love Michael as an artist, including his dancing (him as a person... differs a lot, sadly). But I also haven't seen it online; I have seen people say, "oh his singing sounds bad here" or "he was ugly" or "something something allegations", but his dancing? Never anything negative, not even from haters. I do sometimes see people who look down on dancing as an art form as a whole (usually music elitists; you know the type) but even then it's moreso indifference rather than "Michael Jackson was a bad dancer". Perhaps I've been lucky? 🤔

but even then it's moreso indifference rather than "Michael Jackson was a bad dancer". Perhaps I've been lucky? 🤔
Off the top of my head I can't remember ever seeing anyone say Michael is a *bad* dancer. But the original comment was about people saying he's overrated and I have seen that loads over the years, online, offline, fans, non-fans, people who love dance, others who don't care for it. As I said, it doesn't bother me bc I take it as an expression of personal taste. I don't attach any more importance to it than that. I do think Michael is UNDER - rated as a dancer but people who don't like his style or think he's not all that, I'm not bothered.

Whitney Houston had a great voice. But I don't like the sound of her voice, I don't like the way she uses her voice and I don't like the material she recorded. So, I don't like her as a singer. Doesn't alter the fact of her having a fabulous voice, just means it doesn't appeal to me.

I would love it if Michael's dancing was appreciated more but I don't really think about it much. I'm so wrapped up in liking him as a dancer myself. There's a moment in the Thriller TII rehearsal where he moves his right elbow out to the side and back in again. I find that moment so interesting, so exciting, so intriguing, so beautiful, so mesmerising ... I can't be thinking about anyone who doesn't like it. It's pointless.

god, I love that moment ...

I was never going to be like you guys--ever. How embarrassing would that be?

I was never going to think of myself as a moonwalker. I mean, how would you know?

I was never going to call my sister and tell her I needed a crisis intervention.

I was never going to call my friend for a intervention and cry the whole time then send her all kinds of youtube videos of him. And send them again in case she didn't get them the first time.

I was never going to tell my husband.

I was never going to cry when I told my husband.

I was never going to forgive my husband

I was never going to beg my husband to go the Broadway play MJ (he won't) but my friend will.

I was never going to be afraid to go to the MJ the play because I would cry the whole time.
I was never going to ask my husband to go to the Cirque de soleil ONE but i did anyway. He rolled his eyes so far back they bounced. He then relented because he likes cirque de soleil.

I was never going to subconsciously think like he was still with us then find he wasn't.

I was never going to be like you. What the heck is wrong with me?

When you want to sit in the same seat he sat in on a rollercoaster....(well take any seat just in case he sit in those too...lol...so, many turns on that coaster haha)
When you buy the same perfume he had on...
When you buy the same neckless and bracelet he had....
When you turn on tiktok every single night, to find a clip where he talks because you want to hear his speaking voice just before you fall asleep....
When you keep defending him, fights, get angry at people who are dumbasses and get under your skin of talking shit....
When you want your second mj tattoo...
When you have a small 'shrine' corner in your room....
When you are making a huge diamond painting of Michael....
When you say yes to all written above on this thread....
When you love the "Weeeeeeeeeeeeee" and "joehoeoe" and every few seconds of him singing high/angel voice demo/rehearsals...
When you realise you dont have a day without ; or see his pic, or hear a song, or hear him talk....
When all your alarms on your phone are only michaels......

Tjzeeeee...I am not obsessed...nooo.....am I? :eek:

Yes to both!
Also, when you keep the morning alarm for weekends also because hearing him sing is worth more than extra weekend sleep
Am I the only one who wants to know what each of your alarms are? @Hiker I feel like yours used to be YANA or LIML? What is yours @LinLoveMJ?

When you buy the same perfume he had on...
I'm proud to say that I finally bought the smallest bottle ever with "Bal à Versailles". The bottle is as "big" as my thumbnail, it's very cute. Can't even be 100% sure if it's really the original fragrance, because I bought it online from someone.
The smell itself has this "old" vibe and feels familiar. In a way, maybe nothing special? That is why I'm wondering if it's original, or if someone I knew wore something similar like that. I wish I could erase the doubts, because now I'm still wondering! BUT whatever it is, I like the smell! I'm not deep into the "fragrance" fandom, so this is just my clueless noob impression. 🤣

I'm proud to say that I finally bought the smallest bottle ever with "Bal à Versailles". The bottle is as "big" as my thumbnail, it's very cute. Can't even be 100% sure if it's really the original fragrance, because I bought it online from someone.
The smell itself has this "old" vibe and feels familiar. In a way, maybe nothing special? That is why I'm wondering if it's original, or if someone I knew wore something similar like that. I wish I could erase the doubts, because now I'm still wondering! BUT whatever it is, I like the smell! I'm not deep into the "fragrance" fandom, so this is just my clueless noob impression. 🤣
I would love to smell the BAV. I've seen a comment somewhere else on the board that sometimes fake versions of BAV get sold. Last year I went in search of the Black Orchid and that was interesting. I asked about the BAV, also, but the shop didn't have it, hadn't even heard of it. Must be super expensive! Black Orchid didn't suit my skin but I left the tester strip in a room and the fragrance filled the space for about 2 weeks. It was fabulous!

Am I the only one who wants to know what each of your alarms are? @Hiker I feel like yours used to be YANA or LIML? What is yours @LinLoveMJ?
LIML for waking up, I have the 5 min version, and it plays exactly twice before the alarm auto shuts off :)
WBSS for most of the other alarms, and Invincible for one just for fun :)
I don't know why I didn't use YANA, I guess it does not work well as alarm.
I am now searching for something for the ringtone. I was using 2000 Watts, but it was recently pointed out to me that the beats are similar to sex music (whatever that means :rolleyes:).

I have several, like blood on the dancefloor, beautiful girl, another part of me, cheater, one more chance, fall again. But i change them after a while.
All great 👍👍, for ringtone I want something less obvious, something that only fans would recognize :), though BOTDF does sound good, it starts out strong. I also have Sunset Driver in mind.

LIML for waking up, I have the 5 min version, and it plays exactly twice before the alarm auto shuts off :)
WBSS for most of the other alarms, and Invincible for one just for fun :)
aww I love all these choices! :)

I don't know why I didn't use YANA, I guess it does not work well as alarm.
I am now searching for something for the ringtone. I was using 2000 Watts, but it was recently pointed out to me that the beats are similar to sex music (whatever that means :rolleyes:).
I fail to see the problem 😂

I bought second time black orchid, love it so much.
oh, that's dead interesting. As I said, it doesn't sit well on my skin so I can't wear it as perfume - which I'm fine with as I'm not really a 'perfume' person, anyway - but the fragrance is gorgeous. I'm considering buying it and just using it to scent a room. When I did it before it was just a happy accident. I left the test strip in my pocket and, next thing, the whole room smelt fantastic and stayed like that for nearly two weeks. So I wanna do that again. :D

Have the obsession, had bav before but didnt liked it so much.
Lots of people seem to be less enthusiastic about the BaV. Interesting.

oh, that's dead interesting. As I said, it doesn't sit well on my skin so I can't wear it as perfume - which I'm fine with as I'm not really a 'perfume' person, anyway - but the fragrance is gorgeous. I'm considering buying it and just using it to scent a room. When I did it before it was just a happy accident. I left the test strip in my pocket and, next thing, the whole room smelt fantastic and stayed like that for nearly two weeks. So I wanna do that again. :D

Lots of people seem to be less enthusiastic about the BaV. Interesting.
Yeah spray in your room...good idea!
The bav is....I dont know...smell old...or too ehhh...heavy? It gave me a headache sometimes, or got tired of it fast.

Yeah spray in your room...good idea!
Oh, I wouldn't wanna spray the actual room. I'd spray a piece of cloth or a tissue or something and leave it in my pocket like last time. See what happens. I'll need to play around with it, find the best approach. I don't want overkill.

The bav is....I dont know...smell old...or too ehhh...heavy? It gave me a headache sometimes, or got tired of it fast.
This makes sense to me. First of all, you've got loads of heavy, resinous fragrances in there. Vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, cedar. Those are all really heavy and usually an acquired 'taste', iyswim. Plus there's loads of rose in there also and that can trigger headaches. Rose is a remedy for headaches but it can also cause a headache. On top of all that, very heavy fragrances do exhaust the senses. Not surprised you got tired of it. Sensory overload is a thing!

Last edited:
I would love to smell the BAV. I've seen a comment somewhere else on the board that sometimes fake versions of BAV get sold. Last year I went in search of the Black Orchid and that was interesting. I asked about the BAV, also, but the shop didn't have it, hadn't even heard of it. Must be super expensive! Black Orchid didn't suit my skin but I left the tester strip in a room and the fragrance filled the space for about 2 weeks. It was fabulous!
Black Orchid is also on my list!
Yeah with BAV, I guess I will still hunt down another bottle in the future. The original bottle is so pretty, so I really want one!

When you make sure (multiple times) that your family knows that if you die, they have to play Heal The World at your funeral.

When you can recognize an MJ song anywhere…from far away…even just from the bass line…or within two seconds of hearing any of the songs.

When ever you hear someone cranking up an MJ song in their car when you’re walking down the street and you try to see who it is and you secretly wanna go give them a high five!

When you are sick feeling really ill and feeling weak….but the SECOND you hear even just two seconds of an MJ song somewhere, you JUMP UP screaming ”THAT’S MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!! TURN IT LOUDERRRRRR!!!!!” 😂😂😂😂 (True story…😂😂😂 I was a live-in nanny years ago and had bern a live-in nanny in another family a couple of years before that. The mothers in both families were childhood friends and I got to know both families really well and became really good friends with them (we are still friends and still keep in contact even though I haven’t been their nanny for decades). So I was visiting the family I had first been a nanny in because they had invited me to go skiing with them and we were all going to go stay in a cabin on the mountains together and were going to leave together the next day. But…….I got sick during that night and threw up ALL night so it became clear that I couldn’t go. So the family I was currently a nanny in then drove 4 hours to come pick me up because I was in no condition to travel in any other way because I kept throwing up. So I was lying in the back of their car feeling like DYING when we were driving back home. They had the radio on while driving and I was half asleep….when MJ’s song suddenly came on on the radio. I JUMPED UP like I had gotten an electric shock and screamed “OMG that’s Michael Jackson!!! Can you please turn it louderrrr!!!!” 😂😂😂 (The family knew I was a HUGE Michael fan and were really great about it and gave me time off whenever I needed when Michael was on the HIStory tour! 😍 They were AWESOME! 😍❤️) Anyways, so both the mom and dad CRACKED up laughing and were like “If your heart would ever stop beating, all one would have to do is play a Michael Jackson song and you’d be alive again, jumping up screaming “That’s Michael Jackson!!”!! 😂😂😂 No need for any defibrillators, an MJ song would do the trick!” 😂😂😂

Black Orchid is also on my list!
Yeah with BAV, I guess I will still hunt down another bottle in the future. The original bottle is so pretty, so I really want one!
I adore Black Orchid, a little goes a long way for sure! It's just so nostalgic yet so real when you smell a scent that reminds you of someone and you sense them being right there...with Michael it is Black Orchid and for some reason I imagine him trying Dior Savauge...my lord that scent is just as addicting. :love:

When you make sure (multiple times) that your family knows that if you die, they have to play Heal The World at your funeral.

When you can recognize an MJ song anywhere…from far away…even just from the bass line…or within two seconds of hearing any of the songs.

When ever you hear someone cranking up an MJ song in their car when you’re walking down the street and you try to see who it is and you secretly wanna go give them a high five!

When you are sick feeling really ill and feeling weak….but the SECOND you hear even just two seconds of an MJ song somewhere, you JUMP UP screaming ”THAT’S MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!! TURN IT LOUDERRRRRR!!!!!” 😂😂😂😂 (True story…😂😂😂 I was a live-in nanny years ago and had bern a live-in nanny in another family a couple of years before that. The mothers in both families were childhood friends and I got to know both families really well and became really good friends with them (we are still friends and still keep in contact even though I haven’t been their nanny for decades). So I was visiting the family I had first been a nanny in because they had invited me to go skiing with them and we were all going to go stay in a cabin on the mountains together and were going to leave together the next day. But…….I got sick during that night and threw up ALL night so it became clear that I couldn’t go. So the family I was currently a nanny in then drove 4 hours to come pick me up because I was in no condition to travel in any other way because I kept throwing up. So I was lying in the back of their car feeling like DYING when we were driving back home. They had the radio on while driving and I was half asleep….when MJ’s song suddenly came on on the radio. I JUMPED UP like I had gotten an electric shock and screamed “OMG that’s Michael Jackson!!! Can you please turn it louderrrr!!!!” 😂😂😂 (The family knew I was a HUGE Michael fan and were really great about it and gave me time off whenever I needed when Michael was on the HIStory tour! 😍 They were AWESOME! 😍❤️) Anyways, so both the mom and dad CRACKED up laughing and were like “If your heart would ever stop beating, all one would have to do is play a Michael Jackson song and you’d be alive again, jumping up screaming “That’s Michael Jackson!!”!! 😂😂😂 No need for any defibrillators, an MJ song would do the trick!” 😂😂😂
That story is so cute! I'm the same way, so I understand, haha! It also makes me smile, because Michael believed so much in the power of the mind and its healing power. So your short moment of just hearing his song on the radio (let's be honest, that is always SPECIAL!) already activated so much energy and positive vibes, it's so wholesome and funny.

I adore Black Orchid, a little goes a long way for sure!
So true. Once it settles down it's very warm and sensuous. That's how I remember it from last year. I really need to buy it. One bottle would last me for ages. It's really interesting following its development, as the scent evolves.

It's just so nostalgic yet so real when you smell a scent that reminds you of someone and you sense them being right there...with Michael it is Black Orchid and for some reason I imagine him trying Dior Savauge...my lord that scent is just as addicting. :love:
ooh, you're making me wanna check out Sauvage now, lol. The Black Orchid def reminded me of Michael. There's no way for me to know, of course, but it did really evoke Michael in my thoughts. Unless that was just suggestion after I'd read about him using it. I guess I'll never know. But I still think the scent is very 'him'.

I adore Black Orchid, a little goes a long way for sure! It's just so nostalgic yet so real when you smell a scent that reminds you of someone and you sense them being right there...with Michael it is Black Orchid and for some reason I imagine him trying Dior Savauge...my lord that scent is just as addicting. :love:
omg girl i CRIED when i smelled black orchid for the first time. i actually felt like he was right next to me giving me a big hug from behind...

sadly i lost the bottle (it was a tiny bottle) of my black orchid, but i still have the box where the scent still lingers. but when i had it, i had the habit of spraying it on my pillow or my clothes to make it feel like he's always right next to me. i'm going to ask my mother for a bottle again for my birthday and ensure that i will NEVER lose it again!!

Back