"This Is It" or "Best of Joy" for the ending credits song of the film?

What song should've been released to coincide with the film "Michael Jackson's This Is It"

• This Is It

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Best of Joy

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters

Jesta

Proud Member
Now that we know that the song "Best of Joy" was destined to be the song that Michael sang on his last residency date for the "This Is It" concert series, do you wish that the song - however unfinished it may have been - was used as the new song released to coincide with the film and therefore be its signature song instead of "This Is it"? I'm kinda torn between them because they both have a timeless feel to them, and while "Best of Joy" shows us that despite all the bad things that happened to him, that Michael still had a lot of love in his heart, "This Is It" gives us a ticket back to the time when Michael was young and his limitless potential wasn't fully recognized yet. So what do you guys think?

I'll go with Best Of Joy .. at least it's finished .. and would have fared mych better on radio than the very old this is it did

I love Best of Joy. But, I would not change a thing to the film. I think the song This Is It plays out beautifully as the ending credit song. The song reminds me a lot of Michael during the Destinay era. Like what the OP said, it has a timeless feel and nostalgic.

Well, I'd choose Best of Joy...It's more unique and has more of a 'Michael Jackson' classic feel to it....I've never really liked This Is It that much :fear:

Though I prefer Best of Joy, I think This Is It works better as an ending credits song.

I love both! But I voted This Is It, because it's the title of movie

I love both songs but the tour was called This Is It and the movie was called This Is It, so it has to be This Is It.

Best Of Joy is great song but in my opinion it isn't really an ending song.. I choose This Is It just because I like it better and if tour is named ''This Is It'', then the song must be ''This Is It'' :)

Despite the fact that the so-called song "This Is It" would never have been released if Michael hadn't passed, I do think it fitted the film ending really well. I'm not a huge fan of Best Of Joy anyway (please don't shoot me lol) so maybe I'm biased but I do think This Is It was the best choice for the ending.

I love both of these songs so much but I picked This Is It because that's the movie's name and the song is perfect for the ending credits because even though it's not a new song, it still proves that Michael was still the king. It has that magical feeling!

This Is It ties in better with the film given its lyrics and title, but it would've been so neat if they could've included both, one after the other, in the end credits and on the accompanying album. There would've been less grumbling about Sony profiteering then and it would've shone a deserved light on BOJ.

'Best Of Joy'.
I think 'I Am Forever' is a wonderful and soothing message to close a film that arose because of such sad and tragic circumstances. I would so have l:heart:ved to hear it in the theatre - there on my chair with tears streaming down my face, sitting motionless and hardly able to find back into reality after what I had just watched and heard :boohoo:

it would be cute if 'best of joy' ended the 'this is it' documentary/film, but for obvious reasons, This Is It seems a more appropriate choice to use. mainly for the lyrics, but also the whole complete song , rounds off the film and gives it as nice sort of closure. if ya get what i mean ;P Lolz xx

None above, i would have gone with For All Time :) But if i really had to choose i would choose Best Of Joy.

Back