Your Favourite Underatted Film

MJBT

Proud Member
Films come and go some good some bad but every so often a film comes along that does'nt get the respect it deserves and its quickly forgotten or just ignored to get the ball rolling here are my favourites:

Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls
Alien 3, I'm a David Fincher fan I love the visual look of the film
Chaplin
Dead Presidents
Cross Of Iron
Barry Lyndon

The Empty Mirror
Quills
Onegin
Mother of Mine
Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku
The Last Unicorn
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame

...and pretty much about every other film I've ever liked, lol, except for Amadeus and Der Untergang, which were properly recognized.

Spider-Man 3
Predator 2
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Superman Returns

My favourite underrated film would probably be 'Adventureland' which stars Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg.

I never hear anyone talking about the film "May" (a film about a lonely girl trying to connect more and more desperately to people around her after a terrible childhood) which I think is a tremendous movie

Another I've thought of is "Scarecrow" with Al Pacino and Gene Hackman about two drifters hitchhiking across America - how a film with two brilliant actors falls under the radar is shocking

Corrina, Corrina (Whoopi Goldberg)

There's just something about it that I can watch over and over...

Another I've thought of is "Scarecrow" with Al Pacino and Gene Hackman about two drifters hitchhiking across America - how a film with two brilliant actors falls under the radar is shocking

I completely agree with that, I was actually going to mention it myself. I love it, I think Pacino and Hackman were great together.

I completely agree with that, I was actually going to mention it myself. I love it, I think Pacino and Hackman were great together.

Very true, they work really well together - on the IMDB page for the film it says that in interviews that Gene Hackman has said that the movie is his favorite performance from his career :) I love films like that one that have you laughing then tearing up ect like a rollercoaster

These are my favorites:

Contact
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
Flight Of The Navigator
The Strangers
American Werewolf In Paris
The X Files Movie (The first one)
Rose Red
Children Of The Corn
Thinner
Pet Semetary 2
Firestarter
Anne Of Green Gables movies
Schindler's List

I never hear anyone ever talk about these movies. Though that last one I had mention is a very hard movie to watch.

Definitely Transformers: The Movie (that's the 1986 animated one)!!!!

Very true, they work really well together - on the IMDB page for the film it says that in interviews that Gene Hackman has said that the movie is his favorite performance from his career :) I love films like that one that have you laughing then tearing up ect like a rollercoaster

Yeah, I read on the IMDb page that they actually went hitchhiking through California together to get into their characters. Now that's commitment!

Yeah, I read on the IMDb page that they actually went hitchhiking through California together to get into their characters. Now that's commitment!

It sure is! Can you imagine driving a long and seeing Al or Gene with their thumbs out at the side of the road?
Wow_Smilie.gif
lol

I've been watching a few films the last few days and as far as underrated goes I've gotta add "Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon" and "Session 9" to the list - fab movies

It sure is! Can you imagine driving a long and seeing Al or Gene with their thumbs out at the side of the road?
Wow_Smilie.gif
lol

I've been watching a few films the last few days and as far as underrated goes I've gotta add "Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon" and "Session 9" to the list - fab movies

Haha, I'd pick Al up, Gene would have to fend for himself. :evil:

I haven't seen Behind the Mask, but I really liked Session 9. I tend to avoid recent horror movies, I prefer older ones. I'm currently obsessed with Dario Argento's work.

It's gotta be 'Keith' starring Jesse McCartney. I just love the film so much. Great acting I'd say :)

The Return Of The Living Dead

This is the only zombie movie (Apart from it's sequels) that actually have Zombies eating brains

I haven't seen Behind the Mask

I highly recommend it - It starts off in handheld documentary style with a crew following a serial killer as he prepares a murder spree and then the last 30minutes or so is like a normal movie showing how it ends up playing out - it's tongue in cheek for the most part and gives the horror genre a good ribbing :)

I highly recommend it - It starts off in handheld documentary style with a crew following a serial killer as he prepares a murder spree and then the last 30minutes or so is like a normal movie showing how it ends up playing out - it's tongue in cheek for the most part and gives the horror genre a good ribbing :)

I'll have to check it out, thanks for the recommendation. :)

I'll have to say The Crow (both actually), The Basketball Diaries, Memories of murder, Old Boy, Gegen die Wand (Head on) , and No man's Land

I'll have to say The Crow (both actually), The Basketball Diaries, Memories of murder, Old Boy, Gegen die Wand (Head on) , and No man's Land

The Basketball Diaries & Oldboy good call

Catch Me If you Can
Road To Perdition
Gran Torino

These movies were critically and comercially successful overall, but were snubbed at Oscars.

I have many, many films that i love that are totally underated!
One of my fave childhood films is one called 'Stepping Out'.
It's has Liza Minnelli, Shelley Winters and Julie Walters staring in it, and is a wonderful story adapted from a play about a has-been Broadway performer (Minnelli) who now gives tap lessons to a group of misfits who, through their dance classes, bond and realize what they can achieve. I love how to start you get a basic perception of all these different charactors, then as the film goes on, you get to know their story, why they are like they are.
Its a real shame, I cant find this to buy on DVD, only on VHS can you believe??!
If anyone can find where I can buy it on DVD, let me know!

xxx

Back