The real genius behind Thriller...

HIStory

Proud Member
No, not MJ. Not even Quincy Jones. Or Rod Temperton. Forget those and meat the real genius behind Thriller: Alfonzo Jones! Well, that is according to... Alfonzo Jones. From his website:

“"The voice that’s too close to Michael’'s for comfort"” is nearly the closing statement of a very good article that appeared in Echoes magazine in 1984. Google ALFONZO JONES to read the very informative piece about the similarities of MICHAEL Jackson’s and ALFONZO Jones’ upbringing.

To see a "“Thriller"” album cover look-alike and the story behind it, Click Alfonzo Jones Stronger Than Paradise for some interesting insights. It might be in Japanese or French; so you might have to click the “translate” icon on your screen.

These two background articles probably would cause people to wonder, especially after hearing the astounding voice of ALFONZO. Inasmuch as ALFONZO'S seminal album with the reclining pose came out 6 months before MICHAEL'S album; and, inasmuch as MICHAEL'S style changed from soul with "“A, B, C”" to pop soon after meeting ALFONZO, some people are definitely coming to the wrong conclusion.

During the time the Jackson scions heard ALFONZO'S album, the record industry was not keen on promoting 2 artists who sounded alike and looked quite similar. Since MICHAEL already had a huge following and a big company behind him (Motown), they mutually agreed that building his career —with ALFONZO’S help —would work the best for both (also, because of the support he was to receive).

ALFONZO helped by doing the demos of 7 of MICHAEL'S songs as well as performing on a number of them wherein his voice was kept (such as on Billie Jean). ALFONZO also wrote songs and did backup work for MICHAEL. (Of course, he was compensated well by the agreement that was worked out.)

http://alfonzoljones.wix.com/alfonzo-l-jones#!press

If you don't know who the heck this guy is, let me introduce him to you:

[video=youtube;mjLkrIlOQtU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLkrIlOQtU[/video]

You can clearly hear that the guy who wrote this had Billie Jean, Beat It and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' in him - that's just undeniable! And his vocals... oh my god, divine! If his name was not written on that video I would have thought this was some hidden gem by Michael! Michael himself had to bow down to his greatness (again according to Alfonzo himself):

Remarkably, ALFONZO can mimic many different artists' voices and their styles. That is why MICHAEL Jackson said many times to his friends (Eddie Murphy, Chris Tucker and others), that ALFONZO was the best singer in the world!

http://alfonzoljones.wix.com/alfonzo-l-jones#!bio

Not only he is a genius, but also a very modest genius and someone who just does not need all the hype and money for being credited as a co-writer and background singer on Michael Jackson albums. Since he is not credited as anything on any albums created by MJ and he also never sued for such credits I will assume that he is just a very modest guy who does not need any hype or money. LOL.

Well, actually he did manage to get a credit on one Michael Jackson album: on the "Michael" album he is credited on Behind The Mask as a background singer together with Shanice. The Estate seems to have had a soft spot for MJ impersonators on that album...

Never mind the facts though. Like:

1) MJ did not even write seven songs for Thriller. He wrote four.
2) At least two of those songs were written well before Thriller and well before Alfonzo claims he started to work together with MJ (which he claims happened after MJ heard his album, LOL). Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' was written in 1979 and was originally intended for Off The Wall. And Billie Jean was written in 1981. Hard cold facts, including demos prove those facts.
3) I do not hear anyone else in Billie Jean, but Michael. The background vocals are also clearly him.
4) He claims MJ praised him as "the best singer in the world". That should tell you right there that the guy is full of shit. LOL.

Last edited:
I agree, he is a genius, maybe he even is responsible for Keep Your Head Up and Breaking News

But he couldn't be that talented, could he?

Actually the guy keeps spreading this lie online everywhere that he co-wrote MJ songs and MJ took his singing and music style from him. LOL.

How can you not acknowledge his genius? The Thriller album is obviously a copy of this!

[video=youtube;-tJSM0OOKNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJSM0OOKNA[/video]

He's trying to suggest that songs like We Are The World, We Are Here To Change The World and Heal The World were inspired by this. I guess because all have "the world" in their title. LOL.

[video=youtube;cdBQGeZN3rA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdBQGeZN3rA[/video]

His bio from his official website:

ALFONZO JONES is back! Having once been highly popular on another continent and having worked in the background with many artists on this continent, ALFONZO is ready to take his place on the international stage— big time!! One of the most exciting voices to ever emerge in the music industry, his fresh, clear voice is a marvel to listen to…...AND FOR YOU TO NOW FULLY ENJOY.

ALFONZO has sung background vocals for the Pointer Sisters live at the Wynn Las Vegas and, of course, on "Michael Jackson" albums. He also sang with the late “Marvin Gaye” on his last album and with “New Edition” on their last two albums.

He has performed and worked with other professionals in the entertainment business, such as: “Mable King,” “George Torbin,” “Tiffany” and “Peaches” (of Peaches and Herb). A.J. is a creative multi-genius in the music arena, and it’s time to share his talents with the world.

During the late1980’s, ALFONZO was the No. 2 top artist in South America and appeared on 14 television shows. He was requested by the hostess to appear on the No. 1 -rated artist’s television show (Xuxa, who was the “Oprah Winfrey” of S.A.).

When he returned to the U.S., from his first album (entitled “ALFONZO”) the song "“Girl, You Are the One”" was released. It skyrocketed on the charts in July 1981. A second album featured a remake of Bill Wither’s tune “"Ain’t No Sunshine When She’'s Gone".” It took to the charts in October 1988.

Remarkably, ALFONZO can mimic many different artists' voices and their styles. That is why MICHAEL Jackson said many times to his friends (Eddie Murphy, Chris Tucker and others), that ALFONZO was the best singer in the world!

BACKGROUND

A native of Los Angeles, A.J. has always wanted to distinguish himself in the entertainment industry. With goals set high, he focused on becoming an accomplished musician and composer in this highly competitive field..

Upon entry into college, A.J. continued his study of music, majoring in Music at Los Angeles Community College. However, he also raised many eyebrows by becoming the top pitcher on the college’s baseball team.

After achieving such honors as Most Valuable Player (MVP) on his college baseball team, ALFONZO JONES was drafted and offered a contract to play for the San Francisco Giants’ professional baseball organization. ALFONZO recalls this period as being the most significant point in his life because he had to make one of the most difficult decisions he had ever had to make up until that point.

Faced with the choice of whether to play baseball professionally or continue his musical career, he chose his first love—music. Thereafter, he devoted all his energies toward distinguishing himself in the entertainment industry.
FOR MORE ON ALFONZO L. JONES GO TO PRESS.

http://alfonzoljones.wix.com/alfonzo-l-jones#!bio

:rollin:

Last edited:
I'm throwing away all of my Michael Jackson CD's. Cause what's the point in owning them anymore?

I agree, he is a genius, maybe he even is responsible for Keep Your Head Up and Breaking News

But he couldn't be that talented, could he?

I think he may also be responsible for Monster. How can one person be so f-ing taleneted?!

I just......I mean..... But I.......It just........

:hysterical:

So is this the guy who took Michael's place when he disappeared or died right after the Bad Tour??

Alfonzo is back? Doubt anyone ever knew he'd left. That gave me a good laugh.

I'm so confused...

Don't worry, it took me a while to fully understand and appreciate the brilliant genius of the mighty Alfonzo Jones. But once I did, life starting looking much better for me. Now, everyday I can walk out of my house, filled with confidence, and my head held high, knowing that a mighty genius like Alfonzo Jones is out there

It's pretty obvious this is true, you just have to look for the hidden clues. For example...

Another Part Of Me
Leave Me Alone
Farewell My Summer Love
One More Chance
Never Can Say Goodbye
Zip a de doo Dah
Off The Wall

Jam
One Day In Your Life
Never Can Say Goodbye (reprise)
Ease On Down The Road
Smooth Criminal

Ain't even gonna listen to this foolish person's music, i support you guys taking the piss out of him for sure :)

Besides being a musical genius, Alfonzo must be a very humble and modest person as well.

I notice he left out the fact that he's Quincy Jones' secret son out of his bio.

Ain't even gonna listen to this foolish person's music, i support you guys taking the piss out of him for sure :)

Taking the piss? We are being deadly serious, would NEVER disrespect a mighty genius like Alfonzo Jones!

I think this answers my question of what does Michael keep shouting in Bad live at Wembley.

We thought it was Whatto, or Bato, but it was obviously ALFONZO!!!

Last edited:
His official bio refers to this article: http://strongerthanparadise.blog122.fc2.com/blog-entry-80.html which is in Japenese so who knows what it claims but I noticed some song titles in the article being mentioned together:

Your Booty Makes Me Moody - Things I Do For You

Change The World - We Are The World / We Are Here To Change The World / Heal The World

Ready For Your Love - Off The Wall

Girl, You Are The One - Lovely One

I wonder what it says. That MJ copied those songs from him? LOL. (Never mind that Things I Do For You was on Destiny released in 1978 and Lovely One was on Triumph released in 1980. And of course OTW in 1979.)

I noticed that there are people under his YT videos actually buying into this guy's lies. I mean the ignorant ones who do not realize that Thriller wasn't MJ's first solo album and he already had his signaure vocal mannarisms (hiccups, hee-hees etc.) since at least Destiny, but some even earlier, so it's not a case of MJ copying Alfonzo but the other way around. Pretty obviously, of course. (Honestly, why would MJ want to sound like THIS guy? LOL.) But it seems it's not that obvious to the gullible ones who buy everything they read on the Internet.

What's sad is that there are people who think that Michael never wrote any of his own songs. So they will be tripping over themselves and believing every word of this

Michael openly admitted where he got his inspiration for his songs. I don't remember reading about this guy.

Maybe some people that do not know his voice as well might be fooled, but there is nothing timeless about Alfonzo's songs.
He sounds more like Lenny Williams to me.

Michael openly admitted where he got his inspiration for his songs. I don't remember reading about this guy

Michael has said that god gives him his inspirations. Maybe Alfonzo Jones is god. I mean it would make total sense if he was

Of course Michael meant Alfonzo by "god". Everyone can hear and see how divine this guy is!

Back