The best performances thread.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
One of the many reasons MJ is the Greatest Of All Time (AKA the GOAT) are his performances.:yes:

We all know that each and every one of MJ's performances are beyond amazing, but there are those performances, and then there are the ones that he absolutely SLAYED!:bugeyed

This thread was made for the discussion, and video posting of the performances he slayed.:bugeyed

And yes, rehearsals are allowed as long as he slayed them.-_-

I'll start!:clap:

Last edited:
I really love the Bucharest concert and the Wembley 1988 concert. Also, Yokohama 1987 is great and Bremen is also worth mentioning. The 1995 VMA's performance may be the best performance of MJ outside of tours. As far as songs go, Billie Jean, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Jam, Smooth Criminal, Workin' Day and Night and Dangerous are the best probably. Blood On The Dance Floor, Beat It, Will You Be There, Black Or White and They Don't Care About Us are worth mentioning too (probably forgot some songs).
And as rehearsals are allowed too, I HAVE to mention the 1992 Dangerous rehearsals!

[video]https://www.izlesene.com/video/the-jacksons-variety-show-1977-the-love-you-save/3956699[/video]

What a great ****ing performance this is!

And this medley (I Am Love Pt. 1/Keep On Dancing) here:

Last edited:
I really love the Bucharest concert and the Wembley 1988 concert. Also, Yokohama 1987 is great and Bremen is also worth mentioning. The 1995 VMA's performance may be the best performance of MJ outside of tours. As far as songs go, Billie Jean, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Jam, Smooth Criminal, Workin' Day and Night and Dangerous are the best probably. Blood On The Dance Floor, Beat It, Will You Be There, Black Or White and They Don't Care About Us are worth mentioning too (probably forgot some songs).
And as rehearsals are allowed too, I HAVE to mention the 1992 Dangerous rehearsals!

I agree with everything you said! :bugeyed

Ah, there are so many-but I'll just put my top 3 from TV in order-The first one I was so crazed that I think I tried to hug and kiss our console TV. The second one I hyperventilated so hard, my mother thought I was having a heart attack and ran for a paper bag. :)

Ah, there are so many-but I'll just put my top 3 from TV in order-The first one I was so crazed that I think I tried to hug and kiss our console TV. The second one I hyperventilated so hard, my mother thought I was having a heart attack and ran for a paper bag. :)

All three of those are fantastic performances!:yes:

Ben on Triumph tour too.

Oh and those performances in the OTW documentary - I wish we had them in full.

He slayed this performance, and it was the only time that Remember Time was performed live.

Out of interest, how did he exactly 'slay this performance'? He sat in a chair & mimed to his CD.

The man has made some amazing performances but this isn't an example of one.

What this is an example of is why many MJ fans don't get taken seriously by other music fans.

My choices:

APOM - Live at Wembley
MITM - Bucharest & Grammy's (second half of song for obvious reasons)
Billie Jean - Bucharest
Who Is It (snippet) - Oprah
Who's Lovin' You - Live at the Forum - "I gave her my cookies!!!"

Still amazes me, and I've seen it a million times.. Yokohama in its entirety (but especially HH) is certainly one of his best perormances ever, for me.

Most of his best (or my personal favorites at least) have already been posted.. I think these are worth mentioning as well:

To me these two performances are just the epitome of MJ as a live act

[youtube]-vF1LV-_tqU[/youtube]

[youtube]ljpl0neGk2Q[/youtube]

Out of interest, how did he exactly 'slay this performance'? He sat in a chair & mimed to his CD.

The man has made some amazing performances but this isn't an example of one.

What this is an example of is why many MJ fans don't get taken seriously by other music fans.

My choices:

APOM - Live at Wembley
MITM - Bucharest & Grammy's (second half of song for obvious reasons)
Billie Jean - Bucharest
Who Is It (snippet) - Oprah
Who's Lovin' You - Live at the Forum - "I gave her my cookies!!!"

You don't think he slayed it but I do.:D

When I made this thread I knew that there would be differing opinions of what performances he slayed. :yes:

You don't think he slayed it but I do.:D

When I made this thread I knew that there would be differing opinions of what performances he slayed. :yes:

But again, if you can explain on how exactly he slayed it please?

Back