USA Fans - WBSS 2008 Radio Airplay

Bee.

Proud Member
Hey fellow fans. I was wondering, have any of you guys heard WBSS 2008 version on the radio in your home town or city?

I had a conversation with a friend of mine's recently and we both live in different parts of the US. We have not heard the single from "Thriller 25"on the radio yet and we are not too happy about that.

Do any of you guys have that issue? I was thinking of contacting the radio stations in Philly but I am going to waitone more week to see if these stations will play the song.

Yes! I have not heard any of the remixes. I get the D.C. and Baltimore stations and they have not played anything:( But I was going to wait a little while because the songs have JUST been released...it does take a little time. I'm thinking once Feb. rolls around things will start to pick up the pace, but if not by Feb. I'm gonna start a riot at the radio station:p

Hot 99.5 better get it straight!!! Mike is Back!:punk:

I live in Maryland too, and I have not heard them, but one day last week 106.5 played the Rihanna song that samples WBSS, and then he said "You can't play that with out playing the original" and he played WBSS. Then when he came back on he said he had a sample of the new WBSS w/ Akon, and he would play it soon. I didn't hear it, but I guess he played it.:D

I live in Texas and have requested the song and the dumb music station claims they haven't ordered that song. I thought radio stations automaticlly got the music instantly and not having to wait like us? I dunno but my radio station sucks big time. ;)

I haven't heard anything either but then again i don't listen to MUCH radio.

The best thing to do is keep requesting the song with you radio station.
If they get enough requests they will play it.

It's been getting more and more radio play over the past few weeks and the song is picking up momentum. Soon most pop / urban stations will be playing it. it is the 47th most played tune in the states over the last week.( up from 54 last week and 60 the week before)

I have heard it on my local pop/crossover station here in New Orleans. They have it on their First Listen list for new songs added. I just looked on Mediabase where they keep track of radio spins and it gained 11 spins at my local station within a few days. I've been requesting online everyday so looks like things are looking good where I live. :D

Last edited:
wow..i'm surprised that not everybody has it yet...although they're a little slow, and that's not too surprising....but this is los angeles, and they are playing it here....but i think when you get into february, if they're not playing it while the ad is on tv and around super bowl time, and grammy time, then i think yall got a problem...cus MJ's supposed to be prmoed by then...everywhere...

'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008' Enters US Airplay Charts

(28-1-2008) More good charts news: 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008' featuring Michael Jackson and Akon has entered the US Billboard Pop 100 Airplay Charts this week as a new entry at #47.

Source: Billboard

Well, I have not listened to the radio all week last week. So, I do not know if they even played the song. I am going to monitor the radio very closely this week to hear for it.

Well, I'm not in USA, I'm in Canada. I have heard WBSS2008 only three times on the radio. I've been monitoring the top pop station here in Montreal where I live, and they have a 'what's been played' page. One day they played it three times, but since then, not at all. What's up with that? Basically I feel it's not getting enough airplay. So I requested it online. It did get played about 3 hours later. Whether that's because I requested it or not, who knows. I'm going to request it again and see what happens. Will keep you all posted. :)

Are people hearing it more, or less than before in their home cities? Are people having to request it to get it played?

I heard it once last week on Kiss FM. The DJ asked people to text in their comments about the song.
You can be sure i texted my comments in. Haven't heard it again since then.

Last edited:
Hmm. Maybe I'm jumping the gun and more intense airplay is planned for when the album gets released?

In any case, I'll start a Canadian MJ airplay thread. Why not, lol!

I requested it last night online for my local station here in Iowa/US. Its the #1 station in this market. This is the reply I got back.

That song hasn't been released to us yet. I'll be on the lookout for it!
Aaron Santini
Program Director
Q92.3 - Waterloo
Cumulus Media
319-833-4800

So hopefully they get the song soon. In my request I let them know that the song debuted at #47 on the Pop 100.

Back