Fergie and Beat It *Audio interview pg. 4* ~All Threads Merged~

DJ_OXyGeNe_8

Proud Member
I don't like it. No one can sing like Michael. Michael wrote, composed and sung this song in 80's. But now, with this technology, Fergie can't sing. This song is incredible, it's a classic. I don't want to see other singers in Thriller. This album is the worlds biggest selling album of all time. How can they be in it? I can't undersatnd why. If michael say just hehh hehee or aoouuww in an album, I swear I'll buy that album :D It's enough for me. It's too bad to hear these classics from other singers. If they want to sing, they can make a tribute album. I'll never listen them when my Thriller album come to me. I'll listen just Michael; like old thriller album.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_4rrSNdYCg

If it's prohibition, you can delete youtube link. Sorry for this if it's not free.

Re: Fergie and Beat It :(

I don't like it. No one can sing like Michael. Michael wrote, composed and sung this song in 80's. But now, with this technology, Fergie can't sing. This song is incredible, it's a classic. I don't want to see other singers in Thriller. This album is the worlds biggest selling album of all time. How can they be in it? I can't undersatnd why. If michael say just hehh hehee or aoouuww in an album, I swear I'll buy that album :D It's enough for me. It's too bad to hear these classics from other singers. If they want to sing, they can make a tribute album. I'll never listen them when my Thriller album come to me. I'll listen just Michael; like old thriller album.

Good idea. See, there's always a solution for every problem. :flowers:

Last edited:

Thank goodness for the skip button. :flowers: Songs you don't like can easily be skipped, right?

Last edited:

I can't understand why; how can they be in this album with doing nothing? Not good singing, not singing from heart. She couldn't change the song's soul. Nothing new with this song. She just read the song over Michael's voice. It's not a duet or something like that.

i love best it with fergie she has strong vioce wow
i like her she is cool person i like her music too

actually i like this track:punk:

The more I hear it, I like it, too. Especially from the second verse til the end. It's definitely growing on me. :cool:

And I'm sure there's a Beat It thread somewhere near the top of the board in the Thriller 25 section where this discussion is already taking place. :wink:

My kid cousin can mix better than this ****! sorry but utterly crap! it will go on my skip list of songs!

Last edited:

Fergie and will-i-am Bulldozed this song. they bulldozed and then built an ugly-ass public toilet on it.
sorry

^^ A tad melodramatic, no? :lol: Okay, you don't like it. I think that's clear. Luckily, the original mix is still available for the enjoyment of those who hate the remix/cover. :flowers: All is not lost and the original lives on. ;)

Last edited:

Pfff...ya'll are hatin' way too hard. I like it!!! True, the second half of the song gets a bit more interesting than the first half, but I can see Fergie performing this song and the kids really digging this. The whole "you wanna...beat it.." thing. Kids like that 'catch phrase' stuff...Mike is really smart, eventhough veteran fans are :puke:

I don't see how anyone who enjoyed the original song as what it was could possibly like this... bubble gum teeny boppered abomination. Beat It is one of the toughest, coolest rock songs ever. Different strokes, though. I do like all of the other remixes, even Billie Jean. I think PYT is currently my favorite. "The girl's a... P... the girl's a... Y... the girl's a..." is the best part. I'm actually very pleased with all of them except for Beat It, which means I'm happy overall. I'm sure they'll sound even better in CD quality.

^^ A tad melodramatic, no? :lol: Okay, you don't like it. I think that's clear. Luckily, the original mix is still available for the enjoyment of those who hate the remix/cover. :flowers: All is not lost and the original lives on. ;)

lol:lol: im very undramatic though. my lecturer told me the only time i got any emotion or motion is when i hear music. lol.
here, violet flowers:flowers::flowers:
i just hope the remixes dont make mj look bad..heheheh:D
i still think the song is bulldozed and the ugly ass public toilet is there 2 loll

Last edited:

I like it too :yes:

i like it too i think beat it 2008 is a very good remix in my opinion is the best remix of beat it i have ever heard.(much beter from mobbies crap) i believe the reason that many fans dont like beat it and b.j2008 is the same. they always have in mind the original songs which are masterpieces and they dont leave themselves to hear the remixes..beat it is very good remix!! fergies voice much perfect with michaels why some saying she cant sing???where they found that???and will has kept the character of the song in a brilliant way using the same natural instruments with original song..and he add that bass guidar which gives the song more jass rithm..i really love beat it 2008.

I like it too :yes:

i like it too i think beat it 2008 is a very good remix in my opinion is the best remix of beat it i have ever heard.(much beter from mobbies crap) i believe the reason that many fans dont like beat it and b.j2008 is the same. they always have in mind the original songs which are masterpieces and they dont leave themselves to hear the remixes..beat it is very good remix!! fergies voice much perfect with michaels why some saying she cant sing???where they found that???and will has kept the character of the song in a brilliant way using the same natural instruments with original song..and he add that bass guidar which gives the song more jass rithm..i really love beat it 2008.

I agree with you. Folks find it difficult to really hear the music, the instrumentation, the voices and the arrangement when they are comparing it to the original, which is certainly a masterpiece and can never be replaced. I just like to think of it as a compliment to the original, made for a younger audience who are more acclimated to hearing remixes, heavy electronics and editing in today's music. I think it's kind of Michael's way of saluting the current generation of listeners. Now if he had actually REPLACED the original Beat It with this song, I would be upset. But as an additional version, I don't mind at all. I might even get in the mood for it now and then... and I also thought Fergie's vocals were much better than I expected. I was surprised she actually had a voice, since she doesn't sing much in her own music.

sorry i dont like this either
i have the feeling that when something is so hreat by itself it should not be touched but left pure and beautifull
but then again its michaels choise i guess (at least i dont hope that sony made this without consulting him lol)so what more can we say
i for one hope that his next album with all new things will ber how it should be just michael (of course i buy it anywayz lol but it would be nice if most is just his own wonderull personal sound )

Oh I have to agree with you there. The fewer collaborations he has on his new album the better! If it is him alone it will be ideal. I hope he writes all the songs too. Only the musicians to play the music for him, the rest should be pure Michael. The fans need that so badly and the music world needs it desperately!

I wanted to get Thriller 25. But ever since I had heard Fergie is on it. I have totally lost any desire of ever wanting to get that. I think Fergie is one of the worst singers there is in today's music. She is one of the main reasons why I no longer listen to today's music. Or what I like to call today's garbage. The only music I want to hear any more is either classical, opera, polka, 80s music, and Bollywood. But mostly 80s and Bollywood music. To me that is like the best music to listen to any more.

Yeah, I found her quite despicable with her 'lovely lady lumps' bullshit. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I think she is beneath MJ. Beyonce would have been a much better choice to do a vocal collaboration with... someone who can actually sing.

All you guys are so right. Fergie sucks. She has no talent and no class. I think MJ just ruined his entire album with Akon, Fergie and William. From the songs I have heard on the 25th Anniversary Album I have no interest to buy it. I would rather listen to MJ's old classics.

Akon, Fergie and William are a discrace to this Anniversary Album. All of us fans feel the same way about this. Someone should tell MJ what we think about this before he ruins the next album.

But I think that this was more of a promotional move than a real artistic collaboration. Michael knows that no one is going to treat their music like his. Nothing they do has that spark of eternity inside it the way Michael's art does. The songs from Thriller have proved themselves above and beyond all other songs in popular music. Maybe he did it purposefully to spotlight his own stellar talent... Michael is also known for his shrewdness and strategies.

A classic song is a classic song and should not be touched by people with no talent regardless of any reason. This did absolutely no justice whatsoever because us fans don't even like it.

Last edited:

OK... but it is his music. He can do with it what he will. I personally believe that he did it on purpose to outshine his competitors, even before competing... you'll see that in the long run, this re-release of Thriller is just a collector's item and a spark to re-ignite young audiences (who will also be choosing between the old and new versions when the choice is obvious) and then he'll release his new album with the full attention and spotlight on MICHAEL. Believe me, he knows what he's doing. I can feel it!

Back