Fergie and Beat It *Audio interview pg. 4* ~All Threads Merged~

Re: Fergie and Beat It :(

Those people are not competitors because they are totally on a different level. People that have no talent are not competitors. I have a lot of young friends that are not MJ fans but heard his new music and they do not like it. Even they can't stand Akon, Fergie and William. They like MJ's old stuff better.

MJ has always C R E A T E D great music and never worried about the T R E N D of music. He did not follow trends before therefore he should not follow any now at the age of 50. It does not work.

Last edited:

Being a competitive, strategic thinker does not in any way diminish Michael Jackson's art. How do you think he out-though Sony, leaving with the rights to all his music and half their catalog when Sony screwed over so many great artists in the past (like Prince and George Michael). Michael Jackson is the greatest recording artist of all time, the greatest humanitarian as well, but he is also a genius at business strategy when it comes to his art... and even the art of others. He owns all of Leiber & Stoller, the Beatles, the best of Elvis Presley. He just a fucking genius all round!!!

I think Beat it with Fergie is not bad, though I like the parts where Michael sings of course better. It's just more natural and his voice is amazing. Even a neutral person (one of my colleagues) came into my office while I was listening to that song and said... not bad, but Michael is Michael. That original version can't be better with anybody else but Michael. I was so happy to hear that opinion. IMO Billie Jean is the worst among these mixes. I don't like it at all.

i guess, this album s something like BOTDF was, like the original material and remixes. Like "Thriller in the mix".

Last edited:

i like it too i think beat it 2008 is a very good remix in my opinion is the best remix of beat it i have ever heard.(much beter from mobbies crap) i believe the reason that many fans dont like beat it and b.j2008 is the same. they always have in mind the original songs which are masterpieces and they dont leave themselves to hear the remixes..beat it is very good remix!! fergies voice much perfect with michaels why some saying she cant sing???where they found that???and will has kept the character of the song in a brilliant way using the same natural instruments with original song..and he add that bass guidar which gives the song more jass rithm..i really love beat it 2008.

I fell in love with the remix immediately when I heard it the first time. I already liked Fergie before and I was really looking forward to hear the remix! Like I've said before, in my opinion Fergie has the voide and the attitude the song needed! :yes: And who actually thinks she would have been chosen to sing if she couldn't sing at all or she wouldn't have any talent?? :rolleyes:

All you guys are so right. Fergie sucks. She has no talent and no class. I think MJ just ruined his entire album with Akon, Fergie and William. From the songs I have heard on the 25th Anniversary Album I have no interest to buy it. I would rather listen to MJ's old classics.

I don't think that's fair.. You are saying MJ ruined the album because of these artists HE wanted to have on a album. Well Im sorry to hear his wishes doesn't meet yours. Though I don't like for example Akon's remix that much, I'd never say MJ ruined the whole album... He has worked hard with this one and put everything into it. But like you said, if you don't like it then don't buy it, problem solved.

^^^Exactly Reeta! I have now 3 versions of P.Y.T. and in my opinion all 3 are great in their own way and now I'm in trouble :lol: which version I'd choose to listen hahaha

Not only Fergie, others are terrible too. Guys what did you do to these classics. Michael I love youuuu. I understand with these songs; no one can sing like you. No one can singing from heart like you. I was listening Billie Jean from youtube, as if Kanye took a sample from billie jean and says something on it. Is this remix or what? It's not remix, it's not duet.... I don't care with audio quality, I mean really poor and simple remix or something like that. I'm not a musician or pro dj or producer; but mine is better than him :p Here you can listen (64 kbps)

File: michael_jackson_Billie_jean_Dj_OXyGeNe_8_Special_Dance_Mix.mp3
DownloadLink: http://rapidshare.com/files/88990570/michael_jackson_Billie_jean_Dj_OXyGeNe_8_Special_Dance_Mix.mp3

I don't like it. No one can sing like Michael. Michael wrote, composed and sung this song in 80's. But now, with this technology, Fergie can't sing. This song is incredible, it's a classic. I don't want to see other singers in Thriller. This album is the worlds biggest selling album of all time. How can they be in it? I can't undersatnd why. If michael say just hehh hehee or aoouuww in an album, I swear I'll buy that album :D It's enough for me. It's too bad to hear these classics from other singers. If they want to sing, they can make a tribute album. I'll never listen them when my Thriller album come to me. I'll listen just Michael; like old thriller album.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_4rrSNdYCg

If it's prohibition, you can delete youtube link. Sorry for this if it's not free.
i agree her voice dont fit the song but that dont make the entire re-release of thriller a bad album....

I hope this one will be last (re-releasing). If they make these things to BAD album, I'll not buy that album. BAD is my favorite. I hope no one touch it.

Fergie about Beat it

FERGIE has tackled MICHAEL JACKSON's BEAT IT for her THE BLACK EYED PEAS bandmate will.i.am's upcoming tribute album. The pop star begged her pal to let her re-record the Thriller hit - because it's one of her all-time favourite tunes. She says, "when I found out nobody was doing it I had to do it... Thriller was such a huge album for me growing up. "I just tried to sound like Michael Jackson, I just imitated him." And now Fergie is desperate to hear what Jackson thinks of her cover: "I met him over the phone, we have yet to meet in person."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/fergie beats it_1058565

Re: Fergie about Beat it

She tried 2 sound like michael...well she failed miserably lol. I still love u tho Fergie!

That's an unfair song for anyone to ever try to emulate. The Vocals are incredibly difficult and it takes someone truly special like MJ to create a song like that.

That's an unfair song for anyone to ever try to emulate. The Vocals are incredibly difficult and it takes someone truly special like MJ to create a song like that.
And now she's getting dumped on by many for doing it. Not crazy about her version, but good on her for having the guts to do it. She surely knew that she'd get a lot of criticism (who can possibly measure up to MJ?,) but did it anyway.

she have done a great job i really like her in beat it 2008 her voice much perfect with michaels this remix is really good i love it.

Poor girl. She ruined the song. And that's it. People who like the remix are either Fergie fanatics, have ear plugs in or have no sense of what good music is.

Last edited:

Want to hear a Fergie joke? A MJ fan told me about this joke yesterday.

Question: Why does Fergie work out in her video?

Answer: So she can make her vagina stronger so she can spread it some more.

>>>>>>>>>>>LMDO

Last edited:

**trying to see the funny in that**

OK, help an old fart out, where is the funny LOL

I just plain agree with the ones that said Fergie sucks. She totally ruin Beat It for me. I don't think I ever want to hear that song ever again. Because it is just going to make me think of Fergie's and Amy Winehouse's horrible versions of it. Its a shame too I used to really loved that song too. Until they forever ruin it for me.

Re: Fergie and Beat It :( (Merged)

I like it and I am not a Fergie fan! can we not look at this as a tribute to the orginal version? The original will not be deleted and wiped from our memories, it will be on the same CD in all its remastered glory....

The positives for me are as follows:

Fergie has a current fan base with a collection of recent hits, she IS a fan herself and will open her mouth at any given opportunity to say that she has covered this track, thus creating more publicity for the T25 bandwagon.... come on guys, count to 3..... and smile!!

*NEW*Audio Interview: Fergie talks about MJ & "Beat It" Remake!

Fergie sits down with Access Hollywood and talks about her recent experience about re-recording "Beat It" for Michael Jackson`s classic Remake Thriller 25 :sparkle:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lGJdkyWvMEs

Back