Post photos of where you are from [Merged]

Ape

Guests
Photos of your city, your house, your country....anything like this. I want to see what it is like all over the world where us fans are from. Take a look at what is being united here :)

This was at about 5am one morning when the fog was coming off the lake. It filled the valley and looked so cool so I took a few pics. (The moon is in the sky)

Photo872.jpg
Photo873.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Post photos of where you are from

This was my old house in Alberta. That was my neighbours daughter on the front lawn. My ugly car that I gave away there too
DSCN0843.jpg

some mountains in BC on the way to Alberta
22116332_0aa4de4c1b.jpg

and this was my backyard in the winter time in Alberta covered in snow.
22116331_e887782630.jpg

thank you..it's my old place..not mine now. I want to see other peoples cities and countries though! Please post people.

Most people know what London looks like lol Oh well...

tower-bridge-night.jpg

London bridge

tower-of-london2.jpg

Tower of London

bigben-london-wallpaper.jpg

Big Ben & House of Parliament

bp%20exterior%20flowers.jpg

Buckingham Palace

st-paul-cathedral-cc-mike-nl.jpg

St Pauls Cathedral

I might post more another time :)

I agree with a_silver_lining. That house in Alberta, Ape, has some character going on. :)

Yay, Lorraine! London! I've been to all those places. Nice to see them again! :D

These are all within a half hour of where I live:

dland.jpg

and...
angel_stadium.jpg

and...
nixon.jpg

I love this :D From now on when I want to take a trip somewhere, I'll come visit this thread. Lorraine I didn't really know what it looked like (though I have probably seen photos before). I'm so glad you guys are adding to this. Thank you for the compliment on my old house (well...still a young house but..ya know what I mean) I'd post my house now but I would feel funny about it for some reason.

I love that beach and the library too. Can you go in the library or is it private? What a beautiful place to read.
Lorraine that bridge is breathtaking.

Last edited:

Oh? And I was going to post the front of my house next! Juuuuuuuuuust kidding.

Cool thread, Ape. :) Gonna add some pix later. :yes:

:) Thank you..I'm looking forward to that.^ (I'd post the pics of my house if it weren't for all those darned internet stalkers that would be outside with their binoculars and such) ..lol

The Nixon Library is a memorial slash monument slash museum all about Richard Nixon. He and his wife, Patricia, are buried on the premises. He grew up in the area. And even though it is right around the corner from me, I have never been.

Wow, thank you. I'm going to post some of the various bronze statues around my old city Red Deer. I believe they call them the Ghosts of Red Deer. They wanted to have more than any other city in the world or something (maybe it is per capita).
bronze_statues_T3299.jpg
anhercpstationfront150.jpg
Ghosts Project Red Deer
Eight bronze sculptures depicting figures from Red Deer's history stand on guard of our streets. Have a seat beside Reverend Gaetz. Many say he is a good listener and even replies on occasion. Look into the face of the one handed man that fights to control his team of horses and feel the power and energy of the 'Sound the Alarm' ghost. Stop to see our national headliner 'Francis the Pig' who turned the Downtown upside-down when he made it his home in 1990. Each has a story worth exploring.[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
francis.jpg
Reverend-Gaetz-double.jpg
I used to work at the building right behind him when it was a coffee shop "The Good Food Co."
[/FONT]

Ape - your photos of the fog over the lake are so nice! But you get up way to early lol!

MJkop4ever - I'm so jealous, France is so beautiful! One of these days I have to find a way to move there!

I'll be back with some pics...

I'm from Runcorn, Cheshire which is near Liverpool in the UK.
allthough there is alot of chemical plants in my town, and the town just over our River I've managed to capture so nice places!
2439574116_941878a77d.jpg

2443283605_c07804abfe.jpg

486712777_db8ea9a37e.jpg

oh I love these photos :) what a beautiful world we have.

(that was only one day that I woke up that early btw..lol. My baby daughter woke me and would not return to sleep so I got up for that day that early)

I'd love to see some of South Africa and Germany! Do you have some Raylo?

Wonderful, JabroniDrive! I want to be there right now! (aw, little yellow birdie perched on the fence) Thanks for sharing those. You're right, very nice places. :yes:

Is that Versailles, MjKop4ever?

Last edited:

rio.jpg

rio2.jpg

ipanema01.jpg

Sunrise in Ipanema Beach...

Rio de Janeiro is my city...

Last edited:

the skyline in Philly

Very striking and gorgeous pictures, Dri! I'd love to visit there! Thanks, for posting those. :yes:

Pretty pic of Philly, too, tashae. I love the reflective water.

Last edited:

arizona5.jpg

arizona4.jpg

arizona3.jpg

arizona2.jpg

arizona1.jpg

arizona.jpg

that's where I live....

NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sun:
Okay guys, this is the view I had while I was hospitalized against my will, it was ridiculous, its the only thing that kept me sane for a month, I'd never quite appreciated the beauty of NY before this to be honest :blush:. It's such a shame cameras weren't allowed :( (this is not my pic)

image2me0.jpg

To be more specific, I live in Staten Island New York, which is pretty much invaded with pigeons and all the streets look like this :
image5so4.jpg

And the coolest bus on Staten Island, (lol this is so typical New York) I love that someone actually took a picture of the sign :rofl:
image4ux4.jpg

haha great sign. This thread really makes me want to travel. :) I'm so glad people are posting pics of their countries and cities.

Ooooh let me post some :give_heart:

I have a similar thread to this on Caboodle :D

Here

But allow me to post some pictures here :)

I'm from Australia

which is a gigantic island
biggrin.gif

See!!! *points to picture*

whereintheworldisAUS.jpg

I live in a state known as Victoria
smile.gif
*points to map*

_txt_australia-map.gif

The capital of Victoria is Melbourne
happy.gif
Melbourne is considered the most liveable city in the world
biggrin.gif

Here's some images of Melbourne:

melbourne-1.jpg

In this picture you can see Rod Laver Arena (which is where the Australian Open Tennis is played and a lot of rock concerts are held here also). The river is the Yarra River and runs right through Melbourne's CBD :)

This is what my part of Victoria looks like:
melbourne-observations-map.png

I live West of Melbourne.

Looking at the above map.... look for a place called Geelong (Ap) .... now the beach area south of that point and to the East of that point is where I go when it's a nice sunny day :)

melbourne_downtown.jpg

This photo is taken on one of the bridges that cross the Yarra. The view is directed towards Flinders St Station, a beautiful old Rail station :)
On the bridge to the left side are big walls of glass.... each glass piece represents a country in the world.... it has a world map with that country shaded in and lists the different amounts of people who migrated to Melbourne from that country. It's great to walk along and observe. Melbourne is truly multicultural.
happy.gif

I love going to the beach in the summer soon as we have such beautiful beaches ^_^ so I present to you Jan Juc which is a few minutes out of Torquay.
Torquay is like 25 minutes from Geelong AP *points to her first post*
wink.gif

Jan Juc

JanJuc001.jpg

The view from Birdie Lookout

JanJuc002.jpg

JanJuc003.jpg

Lots and lots of stairs to get down the cliff side
laugh.gif
I mean lots!! I carried Tika (my doggie) down the stairs LOL

JanJuc005.jpg

Tika was excited about the whole thing too
tongue.gif

JanJuc008.jpg

Along the cliffside were all sorts of caves and alcoves too
smile.gif

So we went rock pooling (which is where you go and look into rock pools and see what's in there
smile.gif
)

JanJuc007.jpg

This spot is all covered in rock pools

JanJuc009.jpg

In this rock pool there were some little sea slugs or something... you can see one it's in the centre of the photo and he's bright green!!
biggrin.gif
he has dark spots on him too
smile.gif

JanJuc014.jpg

My brother went around the otherside of these fallen rocks and found another small cave
and when he tried to go in all these bugs fell on him
laugh.gif
He come running out of there
laugh.gif

JanJuc015.jpg

Tika watching my brother make a mad dash out of the cave
laugh.gif

JanJuc018.jpg

Lookie!! a rock pool and my foot
laugh.gif

JanJuc019.jpg

A fantastic looking rock pool formation

JanJuc025.jpg

Wow L.J such beautiful pictures :wub: Now I feel like moving, Wanna swap all of that with me for the smog in London? :lol:

All these great photos!
mjslady - I'd go to London any day - such a great city!
CuriosityKills - that view of NY is breathtaking!
And LJ's pics of Oz remind me of home *sniff*

Ok I don't have any of my own photo's of Cape Town, which is my hometown in South Africa, so I plucked a few off the Internet:

This is Blouberg beach with Table Mountain in the background

Adderley Street

Penguins at Boulder Beach

Harbour

And the winelands outside Cape Town

Last edited:
Back