Post photos of where you are from [Merged]

Re: Post photos of where you are from

cool pics, everyone. you guys live in some really beautiful places. I live in Des Moines, Iowa, (well a suburb of it actually) so it's not too exciting, but I'll try to find some pics anyway.

downtown:
c007_des_moines_skyline_des_moines.gif

the state capital, also located downtown
C006_State_Capitol_Des_Moines.gif

DesMoinesMoon002.jpg

I think Chaos would like that last photo you posted Mankind :D lol

lol Why is that? That's not too far from were I live btw.

See the sign? there is poo in it.

Backyard
100_5556.jpg

Front..u cant really see lol but its huuuuuge haha(it was rany this day)
100_4998.jpg

ill post pics 4rm my birth city later

this is a nice thread! can anyone tell me how i can place pictures. do i need a certain number of threads before it is possible? I grew on some south pacific islands ( with names , most people have not even heard of) so i thought it might be a good thing to share

insertimage.gif
if you see this icon, click on it to paste the url of your photo. If you have the photos on your computer and not online then you will have to go to something like www.photobucket.com to create an account and upload the photos to have a url for them that you can paste in here. Good luck and welcome back :) nice to see you are going to get into 2000 Watts the proper way now :p you will enjoy it here, there is so much more than just downloads. The people here are great if you give them a chance :flowers* welcome to RT and MJJC

insertimage.gif
if you see this icon, click on it to paste the url of your photo. If you have the photos on your computer and not online then you will have to go to something like www.photobucket.com to create an account and upload the photos to have a url for them that you can paste in here. Good luck and welcome back :) nice to see you are going to get into 2000 Watts the proper way now :p you will enjoy it here, there is so much more than just downloads. The people here are great if you give them a chance :flowers* welcome to RT and MJJC

Thank you for the help!!!oh ,did that info go through the whole forum? Sorry about that! Don't get me wrong on those posts. Was a stupid idea to listen to my friend on doing so.
I believe giving comes before taking, so while i find new stuff,information, etc, i also like to contribute by helping others to find what they are looking for or even being able to give it to them right away. Is there anything greater than making someone else smile? - concerning mj , unfortunately many people have only taken from him....
Thanx again , and you are right, there are a lot of interesting things here- stories, experiences,..

no sign yet. so i need an account first before this sign shows up or does that have to do with the nr of posts, too?

ok...here we go

Guatemala city:
untitled-3.jpg

City of Antigua, declared by the UN as humanity's patrimony:
fuego.jpg

normal_guatemala_guatemala_0.jpg

Religious festivities:
alfombra20de20aserrin20y20flores.jpg

antig22m.jpg

Mayan city of Tikal:
tikal4-752730.jpg

tikal-cabeza.jpg

Lake Atitlan:
amerika_guatemala_lagoatitlan.jpg

^ It looks beautiful there... That last photo.... Oh my! :wub:

cool thread! bump

I was Born in Brooklyn, NY, raised in Brooklyn NY, currently live in Brooklyn, NY. I'll probably die in Brooklyn, NY...and that's fine with me. :)

The Iconic Brooklyn Bridge
bk_bridge.jpg

Downtown Brooklyn
800px-NYC_Brooklyn_Bridge_station.jpg

Coney Island, home of the designated city landmarks Wonder Wheel and Cyclone wooden roller coaster
ConeyIsland.jpg

Bridge signs with attitude:
brooklyn.jpg

brooklyn_fugheddaboudit.jpg

Last edited:

This is some of the places that is in my town of Pottstown. I live in the Southeastern part of Pennsylvania.

the%20cup.jpg

This restraunt is just down the road from me.

1953351517_96a99cc20a.jpg

This is my town's train station. It is no longer in use now. Ever since I could remember. The only trains that has ever run through my town were all freight trains. They stopped with the passenger type trains sometime back in the 70s.

pottstown%2Bschuylkill.JPG,AssetGUID,f6eab143-29c4-48f2-864463177852f297,rc,1,fn,pottstown%2Bschuylkill.JPG.JPG

This is the Schuylkill River that runs through my town.

Coventry_building.jpg

This is my church which is called The Coventry Church Of The Brethren. Which is just outside of my town.

LIB1110.jpg

This an old picture of my town's library. I couldn't really find a more updated picture of the library.

20081225-pottstownmercury-exterior-6edit.jpg

This is the The Mercury building. That is where my town's newspapers are made.

cfiles39605.jpg

This is the Hill School. Which is a preparatory boarding school for boys and girls. But I think at one time it used to be just for boys. Well known people like Donald Trump, his son Eric, and the director Oliver Stone has attended that school.

cfiles39603.jpg

This is John Potts home. He was the founder of my town back in 1752-1753. It was originally called Pottsgrove. Pottsgrove now borders Pottstown. I live either near or on the border of Pottstown and Pottsgrove.

800px-Pottstown_PA_HighStreet.jpg

This is part of the main street of my town. We called the street High Street.

PMMC-300x268.jpg

This is my dreaded town's hospital. I say dreaded because about 10 years ago this was consider to be one of the worst hospitals in the country. I think it might still be like that now. And I still think either my grandmother's doctor or some of the nurses in that hospital is responsible for her death. Because my grandmother was doing really good 12 days before. Then 12 days later she had died on January 6th 2001. Which is why I had taken Michael's death as hard as I did. His death still has a major effect on me. And it always forever will too.

up-TBNODKMOH6V5796U.jpg

This is one of several or so churches in my town. I forget the actual name of the church.

california-golden-gate-bridge.jpg

And this is the Golden Gate Bridge. Ok technically this bridge is not in my town it is in San Francisco. But my town is one of the towns where I live is responsible for making that bridge. My town is one of the towns where I live used to be well known for making steel.

This is my house of where I live now in the northend part of Pottstown.

my_house_front.jpg

The front part of my house

my_house_back.jpg

The back part of my house.

grandfathers_house.jpg

I used to live in this house until I was 15 years old. That is my late grandparents house. That house is really old built back in 1833. I live like 10 to 15 minutes away from this house now. Just ignore those eggs that is hanging from the maple tree. That picture was taken around Easter time many years ago. My mother had put those eggs there as decorations.

we have not really pretty places in "Zwickau" but your inner city is very pretty I gues

this is the "Hauptmarkt" the central station of your town with town hall and all these stuff

and that´s the Michael Jackson of "Zwickau" :lol: Robert Schuhmann he was a poet and composer, yes and your town is very proud of him.....our MJ :lol:

I'm livin' at the same place above! :)

@*Jacy*:

U are just crazy... :D

I. Love. This. Thread. I had no idea what some of these places actually looked like...:blush: Totally surprised by Rio, South Africa (Penguins?! Whaaat?! :wild:) and Arizona? Haha. Gorgeous.

NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the coolest bus on Staten Island, (lol this is so typical New York) I love that someone actually took a picture of the sign :rofl:
image4ux4.jpg

You're so right, typical typical. :lol:

Bridge signs with attitude:
brooklyn.jpg

brooklyn_fugheddaboudit.jpg

Um, why have I never seen these?! LoL... Awesome.

We need a "Pictures (you've taken) of Silly Signs" thread. I have A LOT of those. :D

Ohhh yeah, my city. :doh: (Sorry for the double post =P) Okay, well,...I live in NYC (and we all know what that looks like ;) And if ya didn't, CuriosityKills and Suzy have got it covered. :).) Sooo, instead, I'm gonna show you my hometown (I'm actally here right now.) There's a BUTT LOAD of history here and landmarks and film locations and famous cool stuff, but I honestly wouldn't know where to start. So, you can Wiki the real info if you want and in the meantime, I'ma just put pretty pictures. :cheeky:

Savannah, GA

I found this a while back under google images. It's my street and that periwinkle car is mine from high school! Haha. =P (Ignore the slightly creepy tourist invite, LoL.)
Savannah_GA_Real_Estate_homes.jpg

Park
6a00d83451876969e20115703057a3970b-800wi

Random Houses (*Insert witty publishers joke.....*)
IMG_8540_Savannah_GA_bicycle.jpg

historic_owen_thomas_house_savannah_ga_dscf8548.jpg

Geor01.jpg

School
NKM_4a.jpg

Cemetery
US11_JWL0024_M-FB~Bonaventure-Cemetery-Savannah-Georgia-USA-Posters.jpg

My best friend's dad took this for the cover of Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil
JLG_30.jpg

The beach
14493_home.jpg

141-4184_IMG.JPG

This is where I'm working, like three doors down. (*Insert corny band joke...)
RiverStreetSavannah.jpg

This dude is always outside my job and always playing a different instrument. He's cool, tho. :)
savannah_street-1.jpg

The cathedral
42993340.churchnite.jpg

Savannah-Cathedral-Interior.jpg

And this guy...dunno what he was up to, but it seems pretty serious! :blink: :lol: (We have a lot of (*insert politically correct word for "crazy bums"*), we share the city in harmony :yes:)
savannah_they_plan_to_murder_you.jpg

Oh yeah. And St. Patrick's Day! Insane. The city goes from 130,000 to 700,000 :bugeyed Yeah.

slideshow_998790_183244_St._Patrick_s_Savann.JPG

green%20shaggy.jpg

GreenFountain2.jpg

riverstreet3.jpg

It's no joke! You get outta' school for two days and everything. We don't mess around, LoL.

Slightly cheesy video, but a decent representation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joxQUvbtMM8&feature=player_embedded#at=13

Yep, that's my city. Beautiful, historic, artsy, charming and weird-as-hell. No jokes. I've lived in NYC the past four years. I've seen a lot....it's got nothin' on Savannah. I've been through some weird stuff here... This is a strange, strange city, my friends. Inexplicably strange. Love it with all my heart :cheeky:

Last edited:

I was born in Trenton, New Jersey. I grew up and currently live several miles away in Hamilton. I'm less than an hour away from Philadelphia and a little more than an hour from New York City.

wallpaper_080818_trenton2.jpg

This is the "Trenton Makes" Bridge, named for the fact that Trenton used to be a big industrial city. It runs over the Delaware River and connects Trenton to Morrisville, Pennsylvania. I go over this bridge often.

xing_bridge_2.jpg

For two summers I worked at Washington Crossing State Park in Titusville, New Jersey. This bridge also connects New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The spot where this bridge is located marks the historic crossing of the Delaware River that George Washington and his troops made on Christmas of 1776, to attack the British Troops that were stationed in Trenton.

large_NJ%20Anthrax.JPG

This was from my local post office, about five minutes away from my house. It was famously involved in the 2001 "Anthrax Attacks" that occurred shortly after 9/11. Some nutjob went and mailed Anthrax in envelopes to several news stations and a couple of senators, and the letters went through Hamilton's facility. The entire building was shut down for decontamination and wasn't reopened until 2005. :bugeyed

62_1.jpg

Ivy-League school Princeton University is about 20 minutes away.

The 2008 Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center in New York came from Hamilton. Here's a picture of it being cut down:
alg_rockefellertree.jpg

And after it was set up:

christmas-tree-rockefeller-center.jpg

My other home for a time was State College, Pennsylvania. I lived here while I was a student at Penn State University. Lots of farmland, rolling hills and mountains.
cfiles24961.jpg

Last edited:

so many beautiful places here! :w00t:

Beautiful places! I wanna go everywhere :woohoo: This are photos from where I live , Buenos aires , capital. Enjoy :D

Amazing picture everyone!!:punk:
I'm from Malaysia. Anyway here a few photo :)
Located here:
map_world2.jpg

The view of Kuala Lumpur at night
hotel_klcc%20vw.jpg

kuala-lumpur-petronas.jpg

Sky Bar at Kuala Lumpur
2349026792_3790c5b089_b.jpg

Redang Island Beach
3234088.jpg

Lovely photos everyone. This is nice. I get to see the world without leaving my chair, spending money or dealing with airports! HA!

I live in Gouda in The Netherlands

This is our city hall

Gouda7.JPG

And this is how it looked with a special christmas event
stadhuis.jpg

The parc
m1czs3wacfcg.jpg

Small part of a cheese market :)

Gouda-Kaasmarkt2_wiki-520.jpg

Have to place a mill of course ;)

264px-Gouda_-_molen_%27t_Slot.jpg