Songs that MJ has never performed live but should have

analogue

Proud Member
MJ has a whole collection of great songs which as never been performed live, which songs would you like to hear?

I'd love to here

Who Is It
The Lady In My Life
Leave Me Alone
Give Into Me

in typical vibrant MJ-style:

2 Bad
Do What You Wanna
Is It Scary
Tabloid Junkie
Who Is It

in an intimate acoustic set:

Be Not Always
Break Of Dawn
Butterflies
Heaven Can Wait
I Can't Help It
Lady In My Life
Liberian Girl
Smile
Speechless

Last edited:
The lady in my life
Keep the faith
Who is it
Whatever happens

Burn this disco out
I can't help it
The lady in my life
PYT
Baby be Mine (so should of on the Bad Tour)

In fact all of the above on the Bad tour with the exception of BTDO. Very vocal songs they are.

Who is it
In the closet (For real, not that fake HIStory thing)

A lot of stuff on Invincible.
Unbreakable
Break of dawn
Butterflies
Heaven can wait

That is all I think

in typical vibrant MJ-style:
2 Bad
Do What You Wanna
Is It Scary
Tabloid Junkie
Who Is It
in an intimate acoustic set:
Be Not Always
Break Of Dawn
Butterflies
I Can't Help It
Lady In My Life
Liberian Girl
Smile
Speechless
I like the way you put them into seperate categories. Agree with most of 'em. I'd add Heaven Can Wait and Keep the Faith. Mike, take us to your chuuuch, like they say! I mean he sings the two with the force of gospel singers.

I like the way you put them into seperate categories. Agree with most of 'em. I'd add Heaven Can Wait and Keep the Faith. Mike, take us to your chuuuch, like they say! I mean he sings the two with the force of gospel singers.
for sure, i'd definitely go with Heaven Can Wait - gonna add it ^.^

i agree on In The Closet, Jabz. also Remember The Time in same fashion. actually there were a lot that can be grouped like you mentioned there.

2 Bad
Who Is It
Give Into Me
Heartbreaker
2000 Watts
Unbreakable
Break of Dawn
PYT
PYT 2008
WBSS 2008
Scream w/ Janet

Give Into Me
Get On The Floor- edited in after I forgot all about it! lol
2Bad
Whatever Happens
Threatened
Xscape
For All Time

Last edited:
Woah this will be long...

Get On The Floor
The Lady In My Life (wtf Michael?!)
Dirty Diana (more often that is)
WHY YOU WANNA TRIP ON ME
WHO IS IT
GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Stranger In Moscow (sung live)
Earth Song (sung live)
Is It Scary
Childhood (sung live)
TABLOID JUNKIE (plus a video)
Scream with Janet

LITTLE SUSIE with orchestra
SMILE acapella GOOOOOD

Unbreakable (concert opener)
Butterflies
Speechless (with orchestra)
Whatever Happens (with Santana)

hmmm must be more...

How did I forget about Get On The Floor? I think he'd have alot of fun with that one...kind of like he does with Workin Day & Night.

I think MJ loves performing that song.....I mean getting to smack Siedah's butt every night like he did in the Bucharest concert...LOL

I guess we've been surprised to how many songs he's never performed live, at least one time. Damn I'd love to hear the live version of all of the songs mentioned!:D I could pick one song and another and another everyday. Overall I think I wish to see him performing soul-stirring tunes like, Stranger In Moscow the most. "Lawd have mercyyyy~" That'd sound out of this world esp. in arenas.

OOOH, good topic.
i'd probably go with:

Leave Me Alone
Butterflies
Heaven Can Wait
The Girl Is Mine (1982 or 2008 version- they're both good) =]

a lil bit off-topic, but....

One of my wildest dreams is him performing soulful or intimate tunes like, The Lady In My Life, Butterfly, Heaven Can Wait, You Are My Life, Don't Walk Away, Liberian Girl, etc. in a small theater. Yes, I said it! He could be singing them while sitting on a chair with only a few dim lights. Imagine what it'd be like! Even the most stiff or prudest girlfriend of yours would find herself swaying and grooving :D:D He could call up female fans to the stage, like he did with "YANA girls". We know it's a fat chance...In reality arenas seem to be the only option with the kind of number of fans he has. But, it couldn't hurt to dream-_- How cozy and warm the atmosphere would be....

Dangerous (full, as he hasn't performed it since 1993)
Blood On The Dance Floor (with dancing, rather than walking around)
In The Closet (full)

Last edited:
I believe he would've use:

Remember The Time
Gone Too Soon
Ghosts
Leave Me Alone
Unbreakable
Butterflies
Speechless
The Lost Children

Tabloid Junkie
Ghost(Imagine the moveeeess!! :wild:)
Little Susie(I cry every time i hear this song)
RTT
She Drives me Wild.
Whatever happens

Ill probably think of more later.

Get on the Floor!!!!!!!!! He would get the crowd dancin hard! A bit surprised only one member mentioned the song here, but I can understand everyone has their own taste:)

Remember The Time is the immediate response from me. I don't really count that thing he did at the Soul Train awards. I just would have loved to have seen him standing up, and dancing to that classic tune. Its one of those songs that even if you're not a Michael fan, you like that song. At least thats what I've noticed.

I thought of reasons why we've never heard live versions of Lady In My Life, Butterflies, Break of Dawn, Liberian Girl, Give In To Me....I know I put some thought to it, while wishing for the live versions so bad. I came to the only one conclusion: for safety reasons, to prevent more female fans from fainting. Feels good that I found it out myself:clap: (LOL) I never see myself fainting, I'd def. be drooling over the whole situation and lookin like this--->:wild:

I thought of reasons why we've never heard live versions of Lady In My Life, Butterflies, Break of Dawn, Liberian Girl, Give In To Me....I know I put some thought to it, while wishing for the live versions so bad. I came to the only one conclusion: for safety reasons, to prevent more female fans from fainting. Feels good that I found it out myself:clap: (LOL) I never see myself fainting, I'd def. be drooling over the whole situation and lookin like this--->:wild:
f_laugh.gif
i'd begrudge all females if that was the case.

I would go with:

Who Is It
Give In To Me
Remember The Time (oh the dancing...)
Unbreakable
Whatever Happens

And maybe In The Closet although I liked what he did with it during HIStory.

Does no one else find it strange that he performed Dangerous at American Bandstand 2002 instead of a track from Invincible?

Does no one else find it strange that he performed Dangerous at American Bandstand 2002 instead of a track from Invincible?

I thought it was really odd. You would expect something from Invincible or at the very least something that everyone knows like Billie Jean or something. I still dont really understand why that track was chosen. I mean its great, and the performances of that are amazing....but if you've seen one of them you've basically seen all of them. So it was kinda a let down in that regard.

He performed it at the Apollo too. Find it weird, not that he did Dangerous, but that pretty much that's all he did that year. Why do the same song for 2 evens close to each other?

Back