Great Quotes

Stargirl

Proud Member
Just post any quotes here that possibly describe the way you're feeling. Or maybe even some dedicated to others.

I'll start >> This too…shall pass. {Anonymous}

This is one of my FAVOURITE quotes ever. It helps me get through life :)

I've heard that before, where is it from?

I like some I have read in books... for example, this is one I really like:

"What is happiness but the easing of the lives of others?"

"By compassion, we make others' misery our own, and so, by relieving them we relieve ourselves."

I try to live up to quotes such as those.

I also love this quote:

"Those whom we love are often the most alien to us."

I think that's very true.

^
"This too shall pass" is actually from this old story I heard. There was a king who sent his servant or someone to find something that could make a sad man happy and a happy man sad. So the servant looked everywhere but couldn't find it. Finally, when he was about to give up he met a vendor who gave him a ring. In the ring was inscribed, "This too...shall pass."

I just heart this quote to death!!

I love a quote from LWMJ when he says, "I hate tabloids. I think we should have a tabloid burning and just make mountains out of em' and just burn em' all!"

HELL YES SON. :wild:

ooh i love the expression he uses with that. SO sexy!!

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.
- Frank A. Clark

"There are two types of people in this world: Michael Jackson fans and losers."

That was by Seth Green. How very, very right he is. *Pets his head*

^^
teehee LOVE that one!!
zomg!! :p

lolz

i always say that to my classmates and they get pissed off, just cuz they happen to be the loserz

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."
- George Carlin

"madness is like gravity...all you need is a little ... PUSH !" - the Joker :p

well I think It's a great quote ... teehee ;)

^^
teehee LOVE that one!!
zomg!! :p

lolz

i always say that to my classmates and they get pissed off, just cuz they happen to be the loserz

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."
- George Carlin
lol I like that one.

"There are two types of people in this world: Michael Jackson fans and losers."

That was by Seth Green. How very, very right he is. *Pets his head*
One of the best quotes ever! If I was famous I would literally say things like that all the time LOL.

LOL I think we all would.

"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger."

I think that's so true.

^
mmhmm.... definately.

"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are."
- Bernado Houssaye / Max Lucado

And this is SUCH a beautiful passage. You absolutely H A V E to read it...

" You wonder whether your swing could flip over the metal bar at the top, swing you all the way around, and throw you to the ground, bruised and broken. When you were a kid, you thought it could happen - but you weren't afraid. All grown up, you know it can't happen - but you're filled with fear. You swing slower, instead of pumping for the sky. You don't jump off - you slow yourself to a stop. You'd never fling yourself into the air mid-swing, because you're no longer dreaming of flying. You’re just worrying about how you're going to land."

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."​
Andy Warhol

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great."
- Comte DeBussy-Rabutin

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget
that the highest appreciation is not to utter words,
but to live by them." ~ John F. Kennedy

Wow Giada that's a beautiful quote. I love it! :)

"Worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum." - Baz Luhrmen.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" ~ Tolstoy

"If you can imagine it you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it"

"We turn not older with years but newer every day" ~ Emily Dickinson

"Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back