45 Dates - Is It Possible?

The Moonwalker

Proud Member
So now, we have the full date list I'm sure...

He's outdone Prince and he's going to make well over £400 million pounds, but... don't you think that 45 dates is insane?

I mean, do you think he's fit enough to do 45 dates at an average of one every other night? What if he cancells like the end of the Dangerous tour?

There's going to be a lot of very, VERY dissapointed fans out there.

I'm not meaning to be negative, but, it can't help but raise concerns with me, about his welfare and the other fans that have tickets to the later shows.

What d'yall think?

Rumour has it there are another 4 shows to be added. No different to doing a residency in Las Vegas and I guess the money side of things is beneficial to him to complete all dates.

It's not even close to as bad as doing a world tour.
I mean he can rent a house, doesn't deal with different time zones and jetlag and so on....
It's not as bad as people might think imo....

I'm worried too. How the hell is a 50year old man going to manage to do all of that lmao.

Rumour has it there are another 4 shows to be added. No different to doing a residency in Las Vegas and I guess the money side of things is beneficial to him to complete all dates.

yeah I guess you're right.
I mean, if what all the media is saying about him being 'sooooo broke' then he'll 'need' all the money he can get.

Just like I said, 45 or possibly 49/50 dates is a lot to ask of any performer I reckon. I'm just worried that he'll cancel the last few dates because of ill health and all the fans that are booked for those shows will miss out.

Tina Turner is 67 or something for god's sake...and she's doing a tour.
Madonna is as old as Michael and she's doing a tour...

Just like I said, 45 or possibly 49/50 dates is a lot to ask of any performer I reckon. I'm just worried that he'll cancel the last few dates because of ill health and all the fans that are booked for those shows will miss out.

Im worried bout that too

I wondered the same thing, but he would never agree to something if he thought it wasn't possible - we know what a perfectionist he is.

I think the 45 dates shows how considerate he is at such difficult times in the economy. He could have just stuck with 10 shows and charged £500 each. Looks as though he has put his fans first in every way....makes me smile!!!

Well there is 3 or 4 months break between the first 30 and the other 15. So you know.

He has a days break in between each concert, he doesnt have to deal with jet lag or different time zones. Anything like that. If hes fit then he can do it with no doubt.

He would not agree to them if he couldnt do them.

granted about tina turner,
but Madonna is... well... she's toured more than Michael (i'm guessing) and look what happened with Dangerous tour, Michael cancelled some shows because he was ill.

Don't mean to be negative, I just think 50 dates is very ambitious

Exactly, and clearly the rumors of Michael's health have been proven wrong. Have some faith, he's back and he's looking to prove a point to all of his detractors. He can do this and he will. :yes:

It is going to be hard work, thats for sure.
From an effort point of view, he'd have been better arranging 10 nights at Wembley stadium!

I hope he'll be able to pull it off.
We dont know what the show is like so i cant really havean opinion about it yet.

I do know i am happy to be at his 4th and 5th show..to be on the safe side.

I'm sure he's not stupid. He will obviously have a trainer and nutritionist on his side from now on to prepare properly. Why would he risk his health (being a father and everything) if he thought he'd not be able to do the shows...
I'm sure it'll be fine.

Guys it will be fine stop worrying!

We dont know how physically demanding the shows will be or anything yet, or how fit he is.

They have made the shows to be every other day for a reason. They feel that is the only thing necessary to make it not too demanding.

If they or Michael himself felt it was too demanding for him then they would make it like 2 or 3 shows a week.

Michael Jackson is a perfectionist, if he felt he couldnt do it, he simply wouldnt.

Dont worry, be happy! :)

everyone calm down
we got a concert for god sake !!

50 of them !!!

he might cancel some shows but everyone is able to call in to work sick aint they and mike can do it too

he will do as many as possible and im guessin he will do all

ok everyone count to ten....

'calm blue skies'

'deep tranquil seas'

:)

Hopes and prays he doesn't come down with the flu a la Tina Turner!

why not put some trust in michael his own opinion?
he is not stupid and knows his body better than all of us.....

i trust in his own opinion and hope he can do the shows in good health and in the way michael want,s it to be...

i hope he will come out this weekend with a statement about the michaelmania that happens at this moment., how he is feeling about all of this

Yes, CALM DOWN! LOL...Gladys Knight did it. Toni Braxton did it. Cher did it. Celine Dion did it. Wayne Newton Did it. A LOT OF people did it lol. I'm sure he'll be FINE. And these people did it for YEARS, not just 50 shows. Don't worry...I'm sure the dancing will be a lot less this go round, and thats fine with me.

Yes, people calm down! :) He CAN do it. And you're right about the nutritionist. I've read somewhere that for the O2 conference he only wanted vegetarian sandwiches and mineral water. So he must be on a strict diet, too!

-As someone mentioned, it's different than doing a world tour and being on a plane every day and traveling through time-zones and not being able to stay put.

-Having the event in the same place every day means more time rest.

-He's probably not ill at all.

-He's been in the business for over 40 years: I'm sure he knows what he can and can't do.

-The money will be beneficial, but the demand for this event kinda proves he isn't broke: how can someone who can sell a million tickets to one damn venue in a span of days be broke? If he IS broke, it's by choice, which is a lot different than being MC Hammer broke (which in turn is a lot different than being "you or I broke".) i.e... he isn't broke.

any artist has to go through a medical first to see if they can do a tour, so he must be fine

I'm worried too. How the hell is a 50year old man going to manage to do all of that lmao.

Yeah, Tina Turner's almost 70 now and she's done loads of shows during the last couple of months (about 90 when she finishes).
Michael just needs to spread his energy during the shows and do a break in the middle, to catch some breath. Tina also did some slower songs in the middle part, which is also wise for Michael to do. That's no shame.

Last edited:
People need to realise that this obviously wasnt an over night decision, this has been planned and evaluated to the most strongest scale ever!
Michael has my full faith of him doing all these shows why wouldnt he?

man that means if ever decides to perform in NY, it will have to be after March 2010!!!.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well there is 3 or 4 months break between the first 30 and the other 15. So you know.

He has a days break in between each concert, he doesnt have to deal with jet lag or different time zones. Anything like that. If hes fit then he can do it with no doubt.

He would not agree to them if he couldnt do them.

Completely agree with your post.

everyone calm down
we got a concert for god sake !!

50 of them !!!

he might cancel some shows but everyone is able to call in to work sick aint they and mike can do it too

he will do as many as possible and im guessin he will do all

ok everyone count to ten....

'calm blue skies'

'deep tranquil seas'

:)

Well, the odds of a couple of shows getting cancelled isn't something that can be avoided. Artists get colds and the flu every now and then. And ish happens sometimes. If he has to cancel, I don't think he'd just leave it. Rescheduling could be an option. I think the reason some ppl worry is becuz they don't want the date of THEIR concert to be one he has to cancel/reschedule...especially if you're traveling from abroad and accomodations aren't refundable.

People just need to pray for him to remain healthy. And don't moan when he has to wear a mask to keep from catching a cold or the flu from random ppl. If ever there was a time to wear the surgical mask, it will be during these concerts. :lol:

If he's willing, let's hope and pray for him to get thru it. It's okay to worry, but try channeling it towards something more positive. Pray and think positive.

If he believes he can do this, let's have faith in him to get it done.

I must admit 45 shows is insane lol. If anyone can do it michael can. He's amazing. Worrying he might cancel is silly at this point. Have some faith in the guy! I'm just so proud of him right now, it's times like these I love being a michael fan. He is just simply the best. :wub:

omg calm down, Michael wouldn't have agreed to do the dates if he knew that he couldn't do it!

Back