45 Dates - Is It Possible?

Michael will be fine....I heard he's been in the gym pumping iron to prepare for this....(kidding) lol

I'm picturing between 20 to 30 shows the max he will do. 50 shows is just too many for him. He might want to be doing other things this year.

I'm sure he's taken anything else he wanted to do this year into consideration. Like others have said already, this couldn't have been something he just woke up one morning and said, "let's do some concerts". There had to have been some planning about what all he wanted to accomplish with some sort of time schedule involved...and then these dates were worked into that.

I can understand people being concerned but seriously, if he's agreed to it, he must feel up to it. He seems like a man on a mission. Instead of doubting, I'm going to look forward to seeing him accomplish that mission and do a kickass job at it. :punk:

Well, now we know he is doing 50.

I know it sounds alot and I understand peoples concerns for his health etc...

But Michael has done more than 50 concerts before and whilst travelling round the world.

The Dangerous Tour he did 69 concerts!!!

The History Tour consisted of 89 concerts!!!!!!!

The Bad tour consisted of 123 concerts!!!! Thats more than doublw what he is doing now.

lol. I think Michael can do this...he doesnt even have to travel. He can just finish the night, go home in his bus and put his feet up til the next concert.
Have faith in him.

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing, but he would never agree to something if he thought it wasn't possible - we know what a perfectionist he is.

I think the 45 dates shows how considerate he is at such difficult times in the economy. He could have just stuck with 10 shows and charged £500 each. Looks as though he has put his fans first in every way....makes me smile!!!

thank you for being rational and sensible... what you say makes a lot of sense... and didn't the promoter himself said... MICHAEL PASSED THE PYSHICAL WITH FLYING COLORS!!!!!

Michael is a pro.... he got this!!!!!!!!!

50 shows in one place in less than a year pales in comparison to 80 odd gigs for a 2-year world tour.

and to me he looks fitter than he was for HIStory.

Last edited:
Well my sister got me a ticket in July, so I must thank her for that.
My friend got some tickets to the last 02 show in feb, we will see by then.
He should be ok with the long break. As long as Michael takes care of Michael
well and his people looking after him .. He will be fine!

Well if The Rolling Stones, The Who, Madonna, Prince, and all these other legends can do it-so can Michael!
He might not do as much rigorous dancing and stuff like that. I will just be happy seeing him up there on stage after all this other bullshit.

I love how everyone is comparing Michael to other artists that tour. Madonna, Toni Braxton, Tina Turner don't give themselves over to the music. Michael feels it and puts all of his energy into the dance. I hope things will be good, but every other day is a lot of work…

This is from my other thread I started, because I was unaware of this thread until after posting it:

"The other reason I worry is because he continues to keep everything hush hush about his future plans for touring. If indeed he only performs in London I think he should add all the dates he can, but if not he should announce future shows soon. Many people will fly to London just to see him, so if he announces shows in other locations it won't be as big of a deal, because most of the fans will have already gone in debt to see him one last time.

I guess now that I think about it, if you are that dedicated to fly to another country, you will pay the smaller fee to fly to New York to see him again. Just don't buy your ticket until I have mine. I have never seen him live…"

Hmm lol two threads about the same topic so I will simply copy paste my answer from there to here... :D

Relax.

If you look at the dates you will see that he is only doing roughly 10 shows per month. And after 30 shows, he has got a three month break...

I think it's like sports (distance running) - you find your pace, once you've trained and stick to it !! I see no problems at all with the show schedule.

But, what do you think Michael will do in those months off? Add more O2 shows, play some other city, or vacation?

:D

PS - I have never changed my sig, from day one !!! 'course I haven't been here all that long. lol

Basically, if you think he can do 30, then he can do this. The other 20 are months after the first 30, so he'll have time to rest up and shouldn't be affected by the stress from the previous 30.

I'm sure he's taken anything else he wanted to do this year into consideration. Like others have said already, this couldn't have been something he just woke up one morning and said, "let's do some concerts". There had to have been some planning about what all he wanted to accomplish with some sort of time schedule involved...and then these dates were worked into that.

I can understand people being concerned but seriously, if he's agreed to it, he must feel up to it. He seems like a man on a mission. Instead of doubting, I'm going to look forward to seeing him accomplish that mission and do a kickass job at it. :punk:

Spot On

£400 pounds ?? - That is not realistic is it ??

That's like 3.2 BILLION danish kroner on 45 shows ?? I don't think he can earn that much!

This is from my other thread I started, because I was unaware of this thread until after posting it:

"The other reason I worry is because he continues to keep everything hush hush about his future plans for touring. If indeed he only performs in London I think he should add all the dates he can, but if not he should announce future shows soon. Many people will fly to London just to see him, so if he announces shows in other locations it won't be as big of a deal, because most of the fans will have already gone in debt to see him one last time."

EXACTLY! I have been driving myself nuts the past few days...seriously. This is all I think about. Alright, I do not currently have a job so I do not currently have the money. Now I have been looking for a job for a long while now but over the past week especially I have been going crazy trying to get some money so I can freakin go to a show. Why? Because I don't know if this is really "IT" or not. The rumors have gone both ways and I'm simply not believing anything until it comes from Michael's mouth.

The fact that he keeps adding more and more dates really makes me wonder about the whole "IT" thing. I mean if he did 10-20 shows ok that's cool. But to be at whatever number he is now (seems to change every day) is insane for one arena.

I told myself if he ever did a tour again I would finally go...well that doesn't appear to be happening right now. And its frustrating as all hell! If I had the money I would be making my plans for a trip to London as we speak....

UGH. Come on Mike. Just say you're coming to the United States for once so I can calm the hell down. I'm tired of stressing. Haha.

Nothing happens without MJ's permission. We've heard from the organizers, that he is so eager to go on stage and to see the fans AND that he is 100% fit, which also say his closest friends.

MJ is meture and old enough to know what he can deal with and with what not. THIS IS IT - MJ proves all his meanest critics wrong and this is the coolest thing ever!!!

Remember that even a 50 year old can be very very fit. Michael did a physical and everyone was overly impressed.

Jackie Chan did backflips in his last movie and he is 60. It is all about taking care of your body. I sure as hell won`t be as fit as MJ when I am 50, hell I am not even as fit now as he is now, and I`m 29 and I dance.

50 is different for all people and it all depends on how well you take care of your body, if you workout, what you eat and so on.

I can guarantee you that Michael would not even do one show if he was not up to it.

I think he will do some moves and a spin and we all will be standing there and go: "Holy S**t!"

Remember that even a 50 year old can be very very fit. Michael did a physical and everyone was overly impressed.

Jackie Chan did backflips in his last movie and he is 60. It is all about taking care of your body. I sure as hell won`t be as fit as MJ when I am 50, hell I am not even as fit now as he is now, and I`m 29 and I dance.

50 is different for all people and it all depends on how well you take care of your body, if you workout, what you eat and so on.

I can guarantee you that Michael would not even do one show if he was not up to it.

I think he will do some moves and a spin and we all will be standing there and go: "Holy S**t!"

Exactly, the only one who's claiming he's ill and not able to do those things are the media. NObody else, they always talk shit. Look at how they talk shit about a setlist already...nothing is true about that. Screw them, i hate them. Why would he NOT be able to moonwalk again? Or do the spins and all the other moves? Maybe alittle more calm than before...but i am sure he'll do that.

The man can't keep still, he HAS to dance. Remember that video of him and Beyonce and he was just waiting for something, but he wasn't standing still...he sneaked a move in there , haha.

So now, we have the full date list I'm sure...

He's outdone Prince and he's going to make well over £400 million pounds, but... don't you think that 45 dates is insane?

I mean, do you think he's fit enough to do 45 dates at an average of one every other night? What if he cancells like the end of the Dangerous tour?

There's going to be a lot of very, VERY dissapointed fans out there.

I'm not meaning to be negative, but, it can't help but raise concerns with me, about his welfare and the other fans that have tickets to the later shows.

What d'yall think?
You really cannot compare this to what happen back then. First, at the end of Dangerous, Michael was under alot of stress especially after the false claims out about him. Second, Michael is in ONE SPOT. he is not jumping from city to city. ALso, I wish people would stop saying he is 50. So what. 50 is still very young and if he is in shape (something you have to be at ANY age to perform) he will be alright. Plus, Michael has breaks unlike Dangerous where he is performing three show back to back a night.

Exactly, the only one who's claiming he's ill and not able to do those things are the media. NObody else, they always talk shit. Look at how they talk shit about a setlist already...nothing is true about that. Screw them, i hate them. Why would he NOT be able to moonwalk again? Or do the spins and all the other moves? Maybe alittle more calm than before...but i am sure he'll do that.

The man can't keep still, he HAS to dance. Remember that video of him and Beyonce and he was just waiting for something, but he wasn't standing still...he sneaked a move in there , haha.
Exactly. Wendy Williams and a few others said Michael needed to retire after the trial because their was no way he would come back. Bill Oreilly said Michael was finished when Michael went after Tommy Mottola and then the trial. Some people, even RF, said MJ has NO FANS, and now all of them are looking stupid. I have said many times on her that if Michael was one to panic based on what others have said, MJ would have NEVER had a solo career, he never would have toured by himself, he never would have recorded by himself and he never would have left his brothers. Goes to show that NO ONE knows your future but GOD, NOT MAN.

It is NOT about being 50 (that is just a number) it is about being FIT. Nothing else. 50 years old is still young.

Well if The Rolling Stones, The Who, Madonna, Prince, and all these other legends can do it-so can Michael!
He might not do as much rigorous dancing and stuff like that. I will just be happy seeing him up there on stage after all this other bullshit.
Thank You.

To the OP, No, I don't think 45 dates are possible. I think Michael is biting off more than he can chew. Regardless of how "fit" Michael is, 45 dates are a lot for anyone. Being 50 isn't going to help either way you cut it. Some fans are acting a little too confident right now...Michael has proved absolutely nothing when it comes to this "new comeback" yet. We haven't heard the new music yet. We haven't seen him perform yet. He obviously has a plan (I am not sure if he is even signed to a record label?). I hope it really works out for him because I know if he truly puts his mind into it, he can do this. I am just taking one piece of news about this at a time: hoping that this isn't going to end ugly with lawsuits and promises broken. I'll admit though, hard not to get excited about this.

To the OP, No, I don't think 45 dates are possible. I think Michael is biting off more than he can chew. Regardless of how "fit" Michael is, 45 dates are a lot for anyone. Being 50 isn't going to help either way you cut it. Some fans are acting a little too confident right now...Michael has proved absolutely nothing when it comes to this "new comeback" yet. We haven't heard the new music yet. We haven't seen him perform yet. He obviously has a plan (I am not sure if he is even signed to a record label?). I hope it really works out for him because I know if he truly puts his mind into it, he can do this. I am just taking one piece of news about this at a time: hoping that this isn't going to end ugly with lawsuits and promises broken. I'll admit though, hard not to get excited about this.

Lawsuits? As in that these concerts would not be happening cause of whatever reason? And thus AEG or someone else suing him?

Lawsuits? As in that these concerts would not be happening cause of whatever reason? And thus AEG or someone else suing him?

Yep. Lawsuits having to do with AEG. That's what I would be afraid of. I don't mean to sound negative but how can one not think about something like that given Michael's past. It seems like everything ends with a lawsuit. Hopefully it doesn't.

Ya'll ain't even thinking right. If Michael went on the road, on tour, he would most likely do at least 50 dates. 50 dates in one location is hardly unheard of. Think Vegas, think Celine Dion, or Elton John, or Cher, etc... Michael will have breaks in between shows. And if you've ever payed attention to Michael and what he says, you would realize that it's the traveling that wears him down most of all. Flying from one country to another every few days, the jet lag, having to check in to a different hotel all the time, etc... Michael can handle this. Anyone doubting him now is going to have egg on their face, just like anyone who doubted the man could fill the O2 arena 50 times over. Everyone saying for months he's too thin, he looks frail, etc... I said no he doesn't, I said he looks fit. You could tell from how svelt he looks and how he moves, with energy and quickness, that he's in good condition. Excellent condition. I don't know when you people are going to stop doubting Michael, but unless you want to look stupid, ya'll better stop now.

Yep. Lawsuits having to do with AEG. That's what I would be afraid of. I don't mean to sound negative but how can one not think about something like that given Michael's past. It seems like everything ends with a lawsuit. Hopefully it doesn't.

money money money moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney moneymoney money

So now, we have the full date list I'm sure...

He's outdone Prince and he's going to make well over £400 million pounds, but... don't you think that 45 dates is insane?

I mean, do you think he's fit enough to do 45 dates at an average of one every other night? What if he cancells like the end of the Dangerous tour?

There's going to be a lot of very, VERY dissapointed fans out there.

I'm not meaning to be negative, but, it can't help but raise concerns with me, about his welfare and the other fans that have tickets to the later shows.

What d'yall think?

Insane? Hardly. He's a showman and a great one at that. He was born with talent in his blood. And during this time, you need to not be so negative!! Be hopeful as much as Michael is that nothing will stop the show from going on.

I'm worried too. How the hell is a 50year old man going to manage to do all of that lmao.

MICHAEL JACKSON. Need I say more? :p

I wondered the same thing, but he would never agree to something if he thought it wasn't possible - we know what a perfectionist he is.

I think the 45 dates shows how considerate he is at such difficult times in the economy. He could have just stuck with 10 shows and charged £500 each. Looks as though he has put his fans first in every way....makes me smile!!!

Amen, girl! That's what I'm saying. He is putting himself out there for us, so why aren't all fans just happy with it? Why must some of them be so ungrateful...

granted about tina turner,
but Madonna is... well... she's toured more than Michael (i'm guessing) and look what happened with Dangerous tour, Michael cancelled some shows because he was ill.

Don't mean to be negative, I just think 50 dates is very ambitious

Yep, but the keywords are... YOU and THINK. Michael had a LOT of crap going on during the Dangerous Tour. Fans need to stop forgetting that he needed to put himself first at that point. And sure, these people may have toured more dates that Michael, but look at the things Michael does while touring. He out does them in every aspect.

Back