So many reasons to release Bad Tour '89 L.A concert on DVD.

h0opman31

Proud Member
I don't understand why Sony or whoever has the rights to release the Bad Tour L.A show on DVD have not released it yet. Here are some obviously reasons why this show should be on DVD.

1.Guinness Book of World Records for the largest grossing tour in history and the tour with the largest attended audience

2. grossed a total of $125 million

3. It marks 20 year Bad Tour anniversary.

4. Great demand for this show.

5. Michael dies at L.A

5. Michael at his BEST.

Last edited:
Also I suppose, because he died in L.A?

I would prefer Wembley to be honest, but I guess this makes more sense.

Nothing makes sense when it comes to Michael’s DVD’s!! It is very important for this material to be available “Commercially” because majority of people will not look around in fan clubs or forums to find a way to download them, people want them ready on DVD from the store. And that’s what I am trying to establish here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67855

I'd like to see Bad tour 1988 live at Madison Square Garden in New York. Every song (Except Man In The Mirror) was sung 100% live that night including Smooth Criminal

They won't release Bad Tour because Bad Tour is not high profile enough. We the fans are the people who want to have the tour, but the general public don't give a shit.

Bucharest Dangerous Tour is what has been Michael's TV moment for a concert and that show will carry on being shown on TV.

And not everyone agree that Bad Tour is his best, so I would not count on Sony to spend money releasing this concert, or even anything from Bad Tour.

The Bad Tour was high profile when it happened, but it was overshadowed by The Dangerous Tour. Most people don't remember the Bad Tour.

And to correct something, the Guinness record Michael held for his Bad Tour was broken by him on The Dangerous Tour and agaon broken on The History Tour.

Also I suppose, because he died in L.A?

I would prefer Wembley to be honest, but I guess this makes more sense.

Not sure that him dying in LA would be that great of a reason like :) ... but I'd still love to see it released! If not that then Wembley.

Off topic but I noticed you're from Merseyside, whereabouts you at lad?

^i don't know about that. people will buy anything that says "michael jackson" on it right now. it would prove profitable for sony to release these tours. also, i don't think the HIStory tour broke any records but correct me if I'm wrong with a source.

And to correct something, the Guinness record Michael held for his Bad Tour was broken by him on The Dangerous Tour and agaon broken on The History Tour.

What you said here is enough reason for many people to desire to watch them on DVD that is buying them commercially…

they would release bad tour yokohama and history munich
i really would just laugh and cry to same time :(

i tell you we will never see full 88/89 and victory HQ :(

i also dont get snippets of trader friends who think that they have...
so maybe they also are just talking and talking to get attention by other traders...

we need to be happy with the things we have and with this is it rehearsals...
we will never see the michael at his best time :( with great live setlist

What we need is the 3 year time line of the BAD Tour all on one DVD:

Michael Jackson - The BAD World Tour

Featuring:

Bad tour 87 live in Japan

Bad tour 88 live at Wembley

Bad tour 89 live in L.A

What we need is the 3 year time line of the BAD Tour all on one DVD:

Michael Jackson - The BAD World Tour

Featuring:

Bad tour 87 live in Japan

Bad tour 88 live at Wembley

Bad tour 89 live in L.A

just a forever dream
sry :(

we need a bad tour anthology boxset

I agree with special features and interviews,it should be a 3 Disc set,one concert from the first leg and one concert from the second leg and a special bonus disc with rehershal and interviews,and other special features.

^i don't know about that. people will buy anything that says "michael jackson" on it right now. it would prove profitable for sony to release these tours. also, i don't think the HIStory tour broke any records but correct me if I'm wrong with a source.

http://www.michael-jackson-trader.com/tours/historytour.html

One source. Many others out there also. History Tour is the biggest world tour in history.

I personally hope they will release another Dangerous Tour concert on DVD, because in my opinion Michael was at his best on that tour. I love the Bad Tour, but mostly for the singing. Michael became a much better dancer and performer in general after he released Dangerous.

I prefer to watch Michael dance then hear him sing.

Michael owns the rights to the Victory Tour Footage, Maybe also Bad, But for definate he owns Bad Tour Los Angeles, I have said for the last 5 years, forget Wembley, we will get Bad Tour LA

Didn't Sony once say that they had some of the Bad tour footage from 1988 and they could release it if they wanted to?

I wished people, interviewers asked Michael about the bad tour in recent interviews - what he thought about it, did he ever watch footage from it after all these years later, will he release it etc.....you know his general thoughts on it.

But NO' most of the time he got asked f...ing stupid questions!!!!!

There has been petitions and everything.........

There must be something else we could do though.

I think an effort should come from a group of people not just the few of us I think it should be organized and planned by community leaders to push Sony (and others) to release those DVDs to preserve the lifelong works of the KING OF MUSIC, this is Michael Jackson!! The demand for those DVDs is already huge, you can see these days there is a wave of new unofficial DVDs circulating stores like Amazon and others!! People should see the good stuff such as Ghosts, Captain Eo, History Tour, Bad Tour, etc…

I think an effort should come from a group of people not just the few of us I think it should be organized and planned by community leaders to push Sony (and others) to release those DVDs to preserve the lifelong works of the KING OF MUSIC, this is Michael Jackson!! The demand for those DVDs is already huge, you can see these days there is a wave of new unofficial DVDs circulating stores like Amazon and others!! People should see the good stuff such as Ghosts, Captain Eo, History Tour, Bad Tour, etc…

Imsure Sony where contacted and if we could get a certain ammount of people to sign a petition then it would be released. The ammounted of people needed to sign the petition was reached but nothing came of it :\

We need to do something about this!

Back