About Rowe saying anyone can do what MJ was doing in the rehearsal footage.

BONGANI

Proud Member
I remember reading somewhere, Rowe saying something to that effect. Regardless of whether Rowe was right or wrong about Mike not being up for the shows, the rehearsal footage is not a good indication. The TDCAU choreography is fairly simple as opposed to his other choreographed pieces and for Rowe to say anyone could do what Mike was doing in that clip is absurd, If you ask me. I base my point ENTIRELY on the hip/skip move Michael did in that clip. I remember seeing that clip for the first time and I got so bloody emotional, I LOVE THAT MOVE, and it was nowhere to be seen on MJ performances this decade. MJ was a tad bit slower when doing it this time but the magic and coordination of the head, back and ofcourse feet was still there. People don't understand how intricate that move is, I've seen impersonaters struggle when it comes to it. It was bitter sweet seeing Mike still being able to murder that move after so many years, not that I ever doubted him. I would like to see Leonard Rowe try this move!

i love that skippy thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yup he was a tad slower but it was rehearsal remember, i think the footage showed that he would have moments were he danced just like before!

I am guessing he said that because we didn't see the dance steps that we are use to seeing from MJ.. But it was a rehearsal and AEG did release a rather short snippet of the footage but why they chose that footage I don't know.. I still loved it regardless

On the dangerous tour rehearsals michael was the same, slower than when he performs in concert. He didnt really need to try to impress anyone at rehearsals IMO

I thought it was amazing i can remember when he announced he was touring and the thing i was looking forward to was seeing Michael do the kicky leg thing, i love the way he does it in man in the mirror and it has always been my fave Michael move, i am pleased i got to see it one more time!

Right! MJ never did any complicated choreography for TDCSU from what I saw on the HIStory tour so why would he do it now? In the video MJ didn't do any significant dance move either. Everything was very simple but still cool MJ style. I really hope we get to see more rehearsal footage soon.

That's my favorite move too! That's why I've always loved to see him perform Wanna Be Startin' Something because I know he's gonna do it when "mamase mamasa mamacoosa" comes on. I can't remember which performance it was (an earlier performance) but he was in all red I think and he started doing it so fast it looked like he was floating. I was just in awe, and it really is a hard move lol I keep trying but I don't have it yet.

That's my favorite move too! That's why I've always loved to see him perform Wanna Be Startin' Something because I know he's gonna do it when "mamase mamasa mamacoosa" comes on. I can't remember which performance it was (an earlier performance) but he was in all red I think and he started doing it so fast it looked like he was floating. I was just in awe, and it really is a hard move lol I keep trying but I don't have it yet.

Oh i know what u mean!! Amazing i love it so much

I remember reading somewhere, Rowe saying something to that effect. Regardless of whether Rowe was right or wrong about Mike not being up for the shows, the rehearsal footage is not a good indication. The TDCAU choreography is fairly simple as opposed to his other choreographed pieces and for Rowe to say anyone could do what Mike was doing in that clip is absurd, If you ask me. I base my point ENTIRELY on the hip/skip move Michael did in that clip. I remember seeing that clip for the first time and I got so bloody emotional, I LOVE THAT MOVE, and it was nowhere to be seen on MJ performances this decade. MJ was a tad bit slower when doing it this time but the magic and coordination of the head, back and ofcourse feet was still there. People don't understand how intricate that move is, I've seen impersonaters struggle when it comes to it. It was bitter sweet seeing Mike still being able to murder that move after so many years, not that I ever doubted him. I would like to see Leonard Rowe try this move![/quote]
That was what I was going say but you said it first :). Anyway, it is going to be a movie about it released october 30th so I guess we will se. I think the rehearsal video looked good. I have changed my opinion and it seems like Frank Dileo was MJs manager after all after Dr Thome Thome. So it was probably true that it was Joseph who tried to get him to chose Row but he said no. There is also a letter from may I think there MJs is writing to Rowe and says "you do not represent me" and he is saying (very politely) that he dosn´t want more contact with him at all. Like please do not contact me again.

People do not get that Michael actually NEVER went all-out during the rehearsals. Even during the bad tour rehearsals or the dangerous rehearsals. He was never really into dancing/singing when he was rehearsing. He was always giving it all he's got out during the actual performances.

People do not get that Michael actually NEVER went all-out during the rehearsals. Even during the bad tour rehearsals or the dangerous rehearsals. He was never really into dancing/singing when he was rehearsing. He was always giving it all he's got out during the actual performances.

Agreed, exactly what I was gonna say :)

Yes, I'm aware that Michael stops short of giving his all in his rehearsals but one can still see that definetly an older Michael dancing but the execution is still there and still pretty darn amazing! After the trial and media crucifiction it was great to see Michael dance again, and for Leonard Rowe (regalrdless of whether he was right or wrong about the 50 shows) using the footage as an example was insane. Yes the choreography for that song is simple BUT that hip/skip thing is a very complex move, remember Ne yo tried to do it on ALL BECAUSE OF YOU? What more If Mr Rowe gives it a try?

On the dangerous tour rehearsals michael was the same, slower than when he performs in concert. He didnt really need to try to impress anyone at rehearsals IMO

Exactly - Anyone that have a problem with the TII rehearsals should take a look at the Dangerous rehearsals.
Michael was totally lost and out of sync in the Dangerous rehearsals, but when it came to the concert it was spot on and amazing.

People need to stop looking at the rehearsal like it's an actual concert.

I love that skipping move! I want to see Rowe do it. HMMMM?? I don't think so!! (I've never heard of this idiot either)

I hate it that they're judging him based on a rehearsal. MJ didn't know it would be his last. :(
Rehearsal is not a concert damnit.

I thought it was amazing i can remember when he announced he was touring and the thing i was looking forward to was seeing Michael do the kicky leg thing, i love the way he does it in man in the mirror and it has always been my fave Michael move, i am pleased i got to see it one more time!

Its my favourite move of his too, when I first saw the rehearsal video and that bit came on - that is when I got teary.

Why doesnt he put his money where hs mouth is, lets see a video of him doing and see how good it looks.

It was just a rehearsal yes, and Michael wasnt going full out. But the other point is that only Michael can do it right and make it look good.

hehe you know where i tihnk he got ot from? the kicky move? it always reminds me of peter pan the disney version when they are dancing with the indian chief http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4jUOyLgcw hehe.

I also think they chose that clip cos it has mj subtly smiling at the end to show that he was enjoying it all and they werent slave-driving him.

You have to remember that Michael FED off the audience. His emotion and movements really came when he heard the crowd, it encouraged him to give his all.
He would have been 10 times better if that were a real concert, count on that. And he wasn't bad at all during the rehearsals, it really moved me. His timing between seperate body movements and the music is still there. :wub: :)

I wish people would stop downing and just admit his talent. It's so obvious, you'd almost think they were jealous... ?

"I also got teary, I thought I would NEVER see that move again but sadly its my brother Michael Jackson that I would never see again. "

:cry: !

hehe you know where i tihnk he got ot from? the kicky move? it always reminds me of peter pan the disney version when they are dancing with the indian chief http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4jUOyLgcw hehe.

I also think they chose that clip cos it has mj subtly smiling at the end to show that he was enjoying it all and they werent slave-driving him.

Ahhh see that made me smile!! The emotions i am goin through r crazy!!

well for one, he was in rehearsal mode. that's what we were all saying in el lay(la) but as things started coming out....it doesn't look like mj. even in rehearsals, he works hard.

Back