iTunes: Michael Jackson Interview 1980

benscarr

Proud Member
There is an excellent interview available on iTunes for £2.49 called" Interview By John Pidgeon (Exclusive Audio Interview)". An excert of this interview has appeared on the 2000 Watts download section a couple of times.

iTunes has the full 35min interview, and it's from 1980 with the journalist asking question and then Janet asking Michael the same question directly to Michael. Michael talks about the Jackson 5 singing to Motown, Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton, Off The Wall and dancing etc.

I read about an interview like this in magic and the madness. Did Michael make the interviewer have to tell Janet the question, then Janet ask MJ? I forgot the reason why but the interviewer found it annoying lol.
That's cool of iTunes anyway!

supposedly Michael wanted to annoy the interviewer enough so that they can get mad and leave because he didnt want to do the interview.

i saw an interview like this on youtube, it was kind of funny

Oh i have that interview it was available to download for free when it was re-released on a web page like two weeks after Michael passed away, its really nice, as most MJ's interviews is really a lesson on how to be the best and still humble

supposedly Michael wanted to annoy the interviewer enough so that they can get mad and leave because he didnt want to do the interview.

well michael got his way.:D

janet did a great job.:D

i don't think it annoyed the interviewer.... BUT IT SURE DID ANNOY ME!!!!!!:doh:

LOL!!! I was like "what"? that whole set up was bizarre BUT FUNNY when you think about it. :D

Oh michael!:angel:

You are all on the right track. The interview was with J. Randy Taborelli, the biographer who wrote, Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness. Michael did the interview in this fashion not only to avoid the interviewer, but also to satisfy his contract stipulation that he do an interview. It was his sneaky way of getting around it both ways. Genius!

does anyone have the link to the interview? i would love to see this :)

You are all on the right track. The interview was with J. Randy Taborelli, the biographer who wrote, Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness. Michael did the interview in this fashion not only to avoid the interviewer, but also to satisfy his contract stipulation that he do an interview. It was his sneaky way of getting around it both ways. Genius!

This specific iTunes isn't with J.Randy Taraborrelli, it's with an English journalist called John Pidgeon, who sounds quite dumb to me. I think Michael did a a couple of interviews in the very early 1980's were journalist would have to tell Janet the question, then Janet would ask Michael. And J.Randy Taraborrelli was one of those journalists.

Prince used this techniqe Michael used with Janet in 1995 were a jounalist would ask his ex-wife Mayte a question, then said ask Prince to get an answer. Also at that time Prince wore vail around his face, just as Michael used to wear a surgical mask.

Could someone post the interview that was on itunes? I don't have Itunes so I can't download it from there..

This specific iTunes isn't with J.Randy Taraborrelli, it's with an English journalist called John Pidgeon, who sounds quite dumb to me. I think Michael did a a couple of interviews in the very early 1980's were journalist would have to tell Janet the question, then Janet would ask Michael. And J.Randy Taraborrelli was one of those journalists.

Prince used this techniqe Michael used with Janet in 1995 were a jounalist would ask his ex-wife Mayte a question, then said ask Prince to get an answer. Also at that time Prince wore vail around his face, just as Michael used to wear a surgical mask.

Prince was also contractually getting around Warner Bros with that interview. They wouldn't let him release music at the time so he made albums under his band name alone (NPG) and did an album with Mayte but if you listen he is singing background and support voacls for 99% of the album.

Back