Twilight can kiss my ***! (sorry fans)

Travis

Proud Member
Yeah, I said it.

I read the series and now that months have passed by I realize just how poorly written and god awful the story is. It's so freaking predictable that it's not even funny. I predicted EVERYTHING and after the first couple of books realized that there was never going to be any real sense of consequence, life or death, despite being about vampires and werewolves. No one fights. No one dies. All they do is talk it out. LAME LAME LAME! And don't get me started on the awful, nonsensical love story and how BAD the first movie was.

Why do legions of teens (and sadly even adults and the gays) drool over this mediocre drivel? To make matter worse my entire family is obsessed with freaking Twilight and it's driving me crazy. Now my husband's brother wants to know if we will go with them to the midnight showing of New Moon. I don't want to go but I figure my husband does and if I don't go, he won't either. Yes, that's how disgustingly close we are. Anyway, I wish this Twilight phase would die and go away but I'm afraid it never will. I'm sick of hearing about Twilight this and that. I don't care about R. Patz or his painted on abs. I don't care about Teen Wolf and his steroid enhanced torso either. Why can't Twilight be cool, smart, and captivating like Harry Potter?

are you serious??? .....Twilight was an excellent movie.....although I must say everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion...:)

^That is well said...I can't stand Twlight myself, everywhere I go it's Twlight. No one can't get enough of Twlight really it's...not good I never seen it and never will. I reffer Harry Potter!

are you serious??? .....Twilight was an excellent movie.....although I must say everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion...:)

I'm totally serious. The books themselves aren't very good but even the book is a million times better than that crapfest. The acting is atrocious, the terrible white makeup that only covers the face but you can still see pink ears is bad bad bad, and it's all too rushed. I hope I don't offend you. It's only an opinion.

I'm totally serious. The books themselves aren't very good but even the book is a million times better than that crapfest. The acting is atrocious, the terrible white makeup that only covers the face but you can still see pink ears is bad bad bad, and it's all too rushed. I hope I don't offend you. It's only an opinion.

no way you didnt offend me at all...:)....like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion..:).....You may like a movie I dont....so all is fine....:)...thanks for the post

Girl, I feel you on that....

I love reading so when my friend who doesn't read a lot recommended this book to me, I thought man this must be such a good book if she's so crazy about it.

OMG, how wrong I was... I read until Chapter 3, and I just cant read on.... The narrative was so boring... The tone of the story was so monotonous. :lol:

Also, I get the feeling that this book is some sort of a fantasy from the author... :lol: Though, I must applaud her for using the tension and sensuality that women love in her book to make her rich...

Besides, if I ever want a sparkly guy, I'll go to MJ! :)

Now he was rocking the bling and sparkles way before Edward Cullen did.

P.S. No offence to Twilight fans. PEACE!

I forced myself to read the first two books about a year ago, to see what all the fuss was about. Honestly I wanted to stop halfway through the first but I told myself maybe it'll get better :lol: it got worse. It all just seems really cliche :/ I'm not that keen on Kristen Stewart's cardboardy acting and monotone emotionless line delivery either so have no plans to ever watch the films :ninja:

I forced myself to read the first two books about a year ago, to see what all the fuss was about. Honestly I wanted to stop halfway through the first but I told myself maybe it'll get better :lol: it got worse. It all just seems really cliche :/ I'm not that keen on Kristen Stewart's cardboardy acting and monotone emotionless line delivery either so have no plans to ever watch the films :ninja:

I don't even blame it on Kristen. The whole character of Bella is sooooooooo freaking annoying. I wanted her to be eaten by the second book. The second book is by far the most terrible so I assume that the New Moon movie is going to take major liberties with the plot to spice it up. Who wants to watch a couple hours of dreary Bella trying to kill herself over and over? Ugh!

The entire time I was reading the books I was thinking "Really"? This is seriously happening? Just like that? So predictable. So cliche. It's as if it were written by a 12 year old girl whose bedroom is splattered with Jonas Brothers posters. Stephen King is right in saying that Stephanie Meyer doesn't know how to write.

The worst part of it all is that I can't escape it. It's everywhere and so undeserving of it's success but then again I guess that goes for a lot of things. I could care less about the shirtless teeny boppers. If I wanted to see that I could do a google search. Meh.

Amen!!!!! EVERYONE was talking about this movie, so one rainy day I watched it... HE SPARKLES!!! Wow intimidating!

The entire time I was reading the books I was thinking "Really"? This is seriously happening? Just like that? So predictable. So cliche. It's as if it were written by a 12 year old girl whose bedroom is splattered with Jonas Brothers posters. Stephen King is right in saying that Stephanie Meyer doesn't know how to write.
QUOTE]

I thought that too... :ninja:

It's like something that I wrote when I was a 12 year old girl...and is now looking back at it thinking what the hell have I written? :lol:

I agree with you! I dont understand the Twilight hype. Even my cousins are into it now and has now proclaimed it to be the best book ever written.. Now really? Sad! Sad! (shake head)

Amen!!!!! EVERYONE was talking about this movie, so one rainy day I watched it... HE SPARKLES!!! Wow intimidating!

Haha!

Why do they have to water down vampires so much? There is nothing wrong with the old vampire cliches. It's certainly better than sparkly vampires with no fangs. STUPID! I'll take a cliched vampire over the new age vampire any day of the week.

BTW, True Blood sucks too. It's yet another phenomenon I don't understand. My husbands brother is obsessed with it and encourages us to watch so I checked it out. It's just a sad excuse to hear and see people being vulgar (speaking very lewd and having raunchy sex constantly). Little plot and little clothes. :smilerolleyes:

P.S. Stephen King is a big J.K. Rowling fan and said that Stephanie Meyer doesn't know how to tell a story like her. Boy is he right! Harry Potter (and most any other book) puts Twilight to shame.

Ive managed to avoid the hype somehow lol
I've never seen it :lol:

P.S. Stephen King is a big J.K. Rowling fan and said that Stephanie Meyer doesn't know how to tell a story like her. Boy is he right! Harry Potter (and most any other book) puts Twilight to shame.

Damn. Seems like I haven't been missing anything. I've had friends tell me that the books and movies are so good. These are 20+ year old women mind you.

36.gif
Someone should create an anti-FC for Twilight,I will definitely on the top of the member list.

The storyline is somehow simple and easy to get,I didn't read the first book and one of my friend told me the storyline,guess what? I told her right away that in the next book Edward would leave Bella blah blah,and they would live happily in the end... Turned out that I was right
62.gif

I remember how disappointed I am after reading Harry Potter 6 and the ending of Harry Potter,but the Twilight series are way worse than that

The worst part of it all is that I can't escape it. It's everywhere and so undeserving of it's success but then again I guess that goes for a lot of things. I could care less about the shirtless teeny boppers. If I wanted to see that I could do a google search. Meh.
59.gif
same here. My friends are crazy for Twilight,they see anything related to Twilight is "godlike". I still clearly remembered it,once I said that "MJ is way better and more handsome than xxxxx [can't remember the name of that actor]",they looked at me like I am a monster "No way,xxxxx is the most handsome man in the world" . Ah ah,right
50.gif

I went to see the first one when it came out and with all the fuss I expected it to be this amazing love story that will blow me away and well....blah :glare:

I went to see the first one when it came out and with all the fuss I expected it to be this amazing love story that will blow me away and well....blah :glare:

The love story consists of Bella and Edward see each other and immediately fall in love. The end.

So lame!:smilerolleyes:

Twilight sucks! I can't believe the hype and interest surrounding it. I didn't read the books because the movie simply ruined it for me. A friend and I went to see the movie and we left halfway through. It sucked! One of the most boring and lame movies. The script isn't witty. The movie is so slow paced. There is hardly an interesting scene. The love story isn't so lovely. The overall story and direction just blows.

I am a Twilight fan, but just for the record, I don't think it's the best series in the world, nor the best movie ever made, nor does it make me "drool." I like the books and I like the movie, and I will see all the movies when they come out. Like I said, I'm a fan...but not a fanatic. As with anything, to each his own.

I am a Twilight fan, but just for the record, I don't think it's the best series in the world, nor the best movie ever made, nor does it make me "drool." I like the books and I like the movie, and I will see all the movies when they come out. Like I said, I'm a fan...but not a fanatic. As with anything, to each his own.

I can respect that. It's definitely the fanaticism that grates me.

OMG!:bugeyed @ y'all bashing Twilight like that!
It wasn't so bad.
I admit, it was predictable, at times lame and kind of illogical...
...like vampires, having no blood running in their veins but having sex???...
But I still don't regret reading the books, it was nice story.

I agree on the movie - it was bad, and Edward was so off I won't even go there.

Am I the only one who laughed while seeing the movie?

I laughed at the bad makeup job. The "undead" vampires still had pink ears and necks with white faces. Nice job makeup artists. Talk about lazy!

Oh god, Dawson's Creek, haha. There's a show I havent' thought about in years. I couldn't stand it, those kids were like walking thesauruses.

Back