The Michael Jackson Movie

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
You Know it's coming...probably not for a couple of years but...

Who would/could play him?
Who would direct it?

How would the storyline be?
the jackson 5/Jacksons stage...
the Off the wall/ Thriller/ Bad stage...
Then everything after 1991...

Not to mention his personal life and all the notable faces in it...
relationships with Diana, Brooke, LMP, and Debbie

It would be interesting

Last edited:
I think Johnny Depp would play a good Michael, but I don't think he's a dancer.

That would have to be an epic movie...like Lord of the Rings (extremely long) :p

I always thought Johnny Depp could play him REALLY well...But, you're right, wonder if he can dance?? I somehow can't see him being as light on his feet as Michael was

Yeah, Johnny Deep would be pretty good. I'm sure dancing will obviously come up, but maybe not really as a major focal point of the movie since it would probably focus more on him off stage. I would imagine they would put a decent amount of makeup on Depp, so maybe during the dancing parts they could bring in a double that can emulate Michael and make him up to look like Depp looking like Michael! LOL

I also think Johnny would be pretty good. He's shown how varied his acting is and how broad he can be so he'd no doubt be in the running for playing Michael. But anythings good with me as long as it's better than that awful Man In The Mirror movie :mello:

Most likely an unkown would play MJ. The pressure on that person would be unbearable. I don't trust an MJ movie in the hands of any one. Thank god MJ owned his music catalog. Therefore if hollywood wants to use MJ's music in a movie (a must) his estate and the jackson family would have final script approval.

Johnny Depp as MJ?

Hmmmmmm it could work I guess in the Charlie and the chocolate factory film he kinda reminded me of MJ

Most likely an unkown would play MJ. The pressure on that person would be unbearable. I don't trust an MJ movie in the hands of any one.

Your probably right & I agree.
Maybe it will be done in a surreal way...or like that Bob Dylan movie. Where lots of different people play different parts of his life, but in a more dramatic way (different characters take on different parts of his life...I think I am making it more confusing then it is now :p )

...guess we wont know until it happens...if anyone is ever brave enough to take the project on!

I hope this never happens.............

It will start positive, showing Jackson 5 and then Thriller..........

But as soon his skin colour changes......it'll become a sort of Macbeth tragedy......

And most of the film will probably be about the 1993 and 2005 charges..........

And the chances are that it will be 0% factual and 100% fantasy!!!!!!!

Johnny Depp as MJ?

Hmmmmmm it could work I guess in the Charlie and the chocolate factory film he kinda reminded me of MJ

Johnny Depp was asked a similar thing - whether his portrayal of Willy Wonka was based on MJ. Reportedly in 2008 he said he wants to portray MJ and this is his quote

“A few people have mentioned it, and it kind of took me by surprise. I really didn’t expect that, Michael Jackson was not a sort of ingredient or inspiration for the character(Willy Wonka) at all. He was not the inspiration for Willy Wonka,I wish I could say that I was inspired by him for the role.”” Depp said at the time. But he suggested he'd still like to tackle that role, saying, "There is still time to play him (MJ).”

But after MJ's death when asked he said "No no no, I never ever thought of playing Michael Jackson in a film. I think if anyone should play Michael Jackson in a film it should've been Michael Jackson."

If you remember it was rumored that they plan a biopic with Jamie Foxx (as pre-Bad era) and Johnny Depp.

And if they ever do a movie , I don't think that dance and music will be the main point - they have done that already (such as Jacksons the American Dream etc). I think they would try to portray the unknown private life etc.

I think though, that if the project were in the hands of a director that actually KNEW MJ and WORKED with him (Spike Lee, Steven Spilberg, Martin Scorsesse) the portrayal would be fair and acurate. I agree that an unknown would have to play him, although Johnny would be cool...and he seems like he would be respectful of MJ.

I would just love to see a fair, balanced, and acurate depiction of MJ's life on the Big Screen that stayed far away from tabloid nonsense. With a director, actor(s), and script that treated their subject with the utmost respect and actually talked with the family to really get an idea of MJ's true essence. I think It could be done.

Last edited:
I don't ever see this happening...

Bet you several MJ projects for tv and the big screen are in developement right now. Hollywood is all about making tons of money.They saw the unprecedented global reaction to MJ's death,the sucess of THIS IS IT, and the outrageous purchasing of anything MJ. How many movies have been made about ELVIS PRESSLEY? Too many to mention.! And ELVIS wasn't as talented or fascinating as MJ. Brace yourself.!The MJ movies are definitely coming.

with today's cgi the actor doesn't need to dance. you don't see tobey mcguire shooting webs but he still plays spider-man. with motion sensor capture technology they could just hire an impersonator to dance and transfer the moves onto a digital version of the actor playing MJ.

But as soon his skin colour changes......it'll become a sort of Macbeth tragedy......

Yes, I really hope no one does it.

I bet the majority of the story will be about the allegations, trial, addiction problems in the 1990s, and death. And will majorly highlight him being lonely and depressed more than him being happy. And would probably portray him as an amazing humanitarian who has helped so many across the globe at the very minimum.

NO! This is a bad idea.

Last edited:

I agree!

I can't see anyone playing Michael...but there is this one japanese actor that kinda resembles Michael during Bad era..I'm not saying he should play him he just reminds me so much of Bad era Michael lol
Mizushima-Hiro.jpg

Bet you several MJ projects for tv and the big screen are in developement right now. Hollywood is all about making tons of money.They saw the unprecedented global reaction to MJ's death,the sucess of THIS IS IT, and the outrageous purchasing of anything MJ. How many movies have been made about ELVIS PRESSLEY? Too many to mention.! And ELVIS wasn't as talented or fascinating as MJ. Brace yourself.!The MJ movies are definitely coming.

Of course Elvis was none of those things, but Elvis is -apart from Madonna - one of the most global hyped up phenomenon's I have ever seen.

I do not want a movie based on MJ's life. I can do very well without it, Hollywood should proceed with making a movie about Obama or someone else.
They'd twist and turn facts, exaggerate put BS in the movie, that is why I don't want one.

You are correct.! But Holllywood has to know that the allegations cannot dominate any MJ movie.The subject matter is too distasteful. The movie buying public wants to be entertained not depressed.Hollywood also knows that MJ nation will not support any factual incorrect sham movie about MJ. With all that said i know the hatchet jobs are coming. It's going to take some time but a credible author will write the definitive MJ book snatching him from the tabloids.Then hollywood can give us the movie worthy of the WORLD'S GREATEST MUSIC ICON.

But anythings good with me as long as it's better than that awful Man In The Mirror movie :mello:

Can that thing even be called "a movie"??? The guy playing MJ seemed to have flour on his face... no respect!
Smiley-mad.jpg

I do not want a movie based on MJ's life. I can do very well without it, Hollywood should proceed with making a movie about Obama or someone else.
They'd twist and turn facts, exaggerate put BS in the movie, that is why I don't want one.

Mmmm.... I think I can totally agree with your words.

I'm sure it will be done at some point, but I can't personally imagine it being done very well. I don't expect Johnny Depp to play Michael, he already said he wasn't interested in doing that. I think I'd rather watch an impersonator actually, if they could also act and sing. But a Michael Jackson biopic is really the farthest thing from my mind right now. I don't even want to think about it.

I'm an aspiring film director, and although, it would be a dream of mine, directing a MJ biopic, I know that it would be terribly difficult to pull it off successfully.

If the actor, or director, puts his child-like nature up a notch, the whole film could turn into a perspective of Michael looking, basically like a weirdo, and we all saw this with 'Man In The Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story'. That's why I'd be scared of directing it. His personality is very different compare to other musicians, and it can be extremely difficult to execute properly in a film.

I would like to see Bret Rathner Direct it, as he was close to Michael and I believe would do it justice.

Johnny Depp???

hmmmmmmmm

They are so different physically. lol! Does Johnny can dance? lol!

I heard about this for some time. It's really very strange to see other people perfom Michael. At least I feel like that.

Back