The Michael Jackson Movie

Yeah, it is.

BTW, a Michael Jackson movie would have a running time of what, 10 hours?

Yeah, it is.

BTW, a Michael Jackson movie would have a running time of what, 10 hours?

Exactly lol.

There's no way they can fit his entire life into a single movie unless they skip the Jackson 5 days or something stupid.

I think it would be more accurate if they did a mini-series on HBO or something. It would maintain a certain quality and it would be, what, 45 minutes an episode?

Also, rated R so that there isn't any sugarcoating.

Exactly lol.

There's no way they can fit his entire life into a single movie unless they skip the Jackson 5 days or something stupid.

I think it would be more accurate if they did a mini-series on HBO or something. It would maintain a certain quality and it would be, what, 45 minutes an episode?

Also, rated R so that there isn't any sugarcoating.

There is already a mini series of the Jackson 5 to Thriller years, so they don't have to cover it again.

Also, they did the entire life story of Ray Charles which spans decades in 2 and a half hours, so it is possible to cover Post-Thriller until his death. Ray was also not rated R even though it despite drug use, language, and sexual situations.

However, like I have said before, it is nearly impossible to paint an accurate picture of Michael after the Victory Tour. That is when he really separated from his family and everything because skew. Even his close friends don't know him that well and unlike many stars, fans have a picture on how they see Michael in their mind, which film makers have to deal with.

So a movie about Michael will happen in the future, but it is hopeful thinking that you will understand or see a true picture of Michael in the picture. People didn't understand him in life, which goes to the fans too, so I doubt somehow that the mysteries of his life will be uncover and understood in death.

So I think most of us saw Avatar.

And you know what I'm thinking before I even say it lol...

Considering how powerful CGI technology is right now, I think a movie with a completely CG Michael Jackson might be the only way to go, at least for post Jackson 5 days. Let's face it, Mike was one of a kind. We've seen Hollywood try to pick actors for MJ during his Thriller days, and it's just not possible. Let alone his Bad days and later (Man in the Mirror...*shivers*).

Of course, actors would be involved in the production. Check out this behind the scenes video of Avatar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2_vB7zx_SQ

It would be something like that. I can't see ANYTHING wrong with this (as long as the CGI is well done). At the same time, it completely gets rid of problems like:

1) A black actor should play MJ.
2) No one would get plastic surgery for the job, and therefore no actor could look just like MJ (the CGI would be 100% accurate for all of MJ's various looks)
3) Even if they find good actors, there's no way they could dance like MJ! (using the motion capture technology in the video above, a professional dancer could don the suit and perform the dance moves nearly perfectly).

So, what do you guys think? Is a CGI Michael Jackson the ideal way to go?

Have not seen AVATAR yet, but i am quite intriqued with your idea. As a matter of fact i am on board already. I know the actor chosen to play MICHAEL will never sastisfy me. So why not blow our minds with something different, unique, off the wall, like the man himself. Michael was well ahead of his time. He was fascinated with all that advance technology.

Michael is still a mystery.
I wonder if film will be truthful.

It's strange to see other people acting and performing and singing like Michael. And what bugs me most that that person may not look like Michael.. ahh..cant imagine. No offense to Johnny(I like Johnny too !!) and other actors. I would rather have a similar impersonator to be in the movie.

An unknown actor is better, but I don't know how they would handle, the last few years of his life. I am so afraid that they will try to dramatize so much it to fill some mysteries up like make up an event that never happened.

I think Steven Spielberg should direct it. He was a close friend of Michael and he knew who he was as a person...or at least as much as anyone could know.

A Michael Jackson movie of his life is a crap idea, it wouldn't be factual and no actor can truely capture Michael. A documentary movie with footage of Michael would be the best and only type of movie of Michael's life I would go and see. Some actor playing Michael means nothing to me.

I would love to see a MJ movie BUT it better be made by a fan, I'm afraid what they would do with the allegations against him.

My Ideal Jackson Film:

It starts of with crowd screams then the lights dim and the music starts. The film opens with a re-enactment of the Jacksons on the Destiny Tour. They perform something from the Destiny album..Im thinkin "Things I do for you" or "Shake your body."
Then it touches on Mike and Quincy working with on his solo projects. A a re-enactment performance from each Triumph tour/Motown 25/Pepsi Accident/Victory tour. It shows the 8 grammy night. The building of Neverland ...to be continued

When I watched the movie 'The Lovely Bones' I thought then and there the British guy in it who played Ray (Reece Ritchie) had a bit of a young mj vibe to him. Not sure what about him it was, but I thought of Michael so, maybe...

I quite liked "The Jacksons: An American Dream" - I think it was basically accurate and Jason Weaver and Wylie Draper were good in Michael's role. However that movie "Man in the Mirror" by VH1 was horrible! The story was inaccurate, they totally mis-portrayed Michael.

But I think maybe the makers of American Dream had an easier task, because that movie covered Mike's life from his birth (actually from when his parents met) to Thriller. That is probably the easier part. After Thriller his personality has become increasingly complicated to figure out, because he was secretive and mysterious. Which leads me to believe nobody should really make a movie out of his life, because nobody, and that includes his parents, really knew him and a movie about him, I'm afraid, would be full of inaccuarcies and preconceptions - depending on how the scriptwriter or director saw him, not depending on the truth.

I would love to see a MJ movie BUT it better be made by a fan, I'm afraid what they would do with the allegations against him.

Well, probably what they did with them in "Man in the mirror".

I think the only way it could be done is a pull out all the stops mini series on HBO or something. Maybe 8- 12 one hour episodes because that was his life, many episodes and chapters, each opening with "Dangerous" "HIStory" "The Trial" "Exile" "This Is It" something like that. The thing I would hope for most was the allegations and trial were not the be-all end-all focal points in his life, just very tragic episodes. They were serious beatings but he got back up every time and never gave up. The dialog would have to be directly from those who had contact with

Last edited:
I think lookalikes should play Michael. Ecas for bad area and Navi 92+

As long as they don't cast that guy that played in him "man in the mirror"..I think that is what it was called. That whole movie just gave me the creeps, with Diana Ross always there..ahhh that whole movie...weird

As long as they don't cast that guy that played in him "man in the mirror"..I think that is what it was called. That whole movie just gave me the creeps, with Diana Ross always there..ahhh that whole movie...weird

Well atleast Flex loves the hell out of Michael.....but omg that movie is one of the worst movies.

Well atleast Flex loves the hell out of Michael.....but omg that movie is one of the worst movies.

yeah it was, just watched it for the first time on Netflix, they have it for instant viewing. One minute his face and hands are all white and then later on he's got dark hands again. The camera was shaky and it just looked unprofessional

Back