all over dying
think for yourself
won't do it for you.

Sleep well martyr of slander
defamation and distortion
take the love and leave the torture
yeah they killed me so long ago
killed me long ago.

Lyrics, Composition, Arrangement, Vocals & Piano: Irina Hale-©2010 Irina Hale, April 12, 2010, All Rights Reserved
http://wp.me/pS0Dx-2d

I never get sick of this song :)

I love vocal melody for "relax your mind"

I'm listening to this for the 3rd time....I can't even express how stupidly great this is. This should be heard by the world..maybe you could put the lyrics on the video....it needs to be felt, understood. God this is so deep, and soul stirring. I don't have the words...it's just etheral, heavenly.

Thank you so much for your words! That is so incredible to hear, that's all I longed to do.
It's my heart and soul in it. It's a love song, it's a "what have you done to him" song, it's my appreciation of someone who just defies all descriptions, period.

You know, I was thinking about putting the lyrics on the video, I had the same exact idea in the beginning!
But then I thought about it- and I wanted the listener to look at his face and gestures that I tried to match with the lyrics of that moment, I was afraid people would get caught up reading instead of hearing. It's difficult. I almost wanted to write in my blog, please read the lyrics first and then listen, but that's tricky. I actually think this son works best through a headset too, not through computer speakers. But I know what you mean.
I tried to find images of him that would underscore the lyrics.

I'm so happy that this resonates so much with you, really, that is so magnificent for me :swoon:
Love "stupidly great". You made my day! :D Thank you so much for your compliments, words like yours make the battle of writing this so worth it!

Ok, I admit I listened and watched the video first and then I read the lyrics and I was thinking how it all fit so well together, surely that cannot be a coincidence. I am trying to give you a compliment here!! I will watch it again, it's very gripping and hauntingly beautiful.
Thank you for this wonderful piece of art! Very touching!

Thank you... not that wasn't coincidental. I wrote the lyrics first, than the music and then I spent weeks trying to remember what kind of footage would work for that. Sorry for going on and on about it, this is probably the piece of music that I have obsessed over the most, for months actually.

Thank you so much for your words! That is so incredible to hear, that's all I longed to do.
It's my heart and soul in it. It's a love song, it's a "what have you done to him" song, it's my appreciation of someone who just defies all descriptions, period.

You know, I was thinking about putting the lyrics on the video, I had the same exact idea in the beginning!
But then I thought about it- and I wanted the listener to look at his face and gestures that I tried to match with the lyrics of that moment, I was afraid people would get caught up reading instead of hearing. It's difficult. I almost wanted to write in my blog, please read the lyrics first and then listen, but that's tricky. I actually think this son works best through a headset too, not through computer speakers. But I know what you mean.
I tried to find images of him that would underscore the lyrics.

I'm so happy that this resonates so much with you, really, that is so magnificent for me :swoon:
Love "stupidly great". You made my day! :D Thank you so much for your compliments, words like yours make the battle of writing this so worth it!

You've created a magnificent piece of art for a magnificient artist, who as you righty say 'defies all description'. The least I can do is appreciate it! I really do feel the heart and sould of this...it MOVES me...really moves me, to tears. The story, the voice, the clips you have used...are seamless and poignantly perfect. I don't know how you did it...it's so hard to put what you feel OUT THERE into the world in a way that people will 'get' it. I 'got' it, so completley. It's how I feel too, but could never express so damn beautifully Just love the words you used, succint, but so laden with meaning...A DEAD MAN WILL BE ON TRIAL, WATCH THE SLANDER THAT WILL BE FLYING - I mean just that line alone has SAID.IT.ALL :clapping: Also, love TAKE THE LOVE LEAVE THE TORTURE. What's most incredible about the lyric, is that it flits between his voice, and yours...but makes perfect sense. :swoon:

I hope I'm not the only person in the world who understands this in such depth, I'm sure I won't be. But truly your hard work has paid off, because I appreciate this a million fold :yes: I want to say how much you have inspired me too, because I'm learning the piano, and I write (or try) and I know how hard it is to convey such depth of emtion, I know the pain of wanting to get it out from the depths of your being.... you're so gifted, because you've done the nigh impossible - expressed and conveyed Michael, his love, his glory, his pain, his life and how it is seen through the eyes of those who truly knew him as the 'unbounded consciousness at play' that he is.

I agree about the lyrics, the words on the screen would be a distraction...and the video itself is so beautifully expressing the emotions. They go hand in hand so beautifully, but also the video well and truly holds its own without needing to know what the words are. It's just priceless. You've done music proud, you've done devotion proud, you've done MJJC proud, and yourself proud. And something tell's me you've done the magnificent himself proud too. Most definatley, yes - he LOVES this. No doubt. God belss and keep doin what you do - you got the love, you got the gift. Thank you for sharing it :heart:

P.S If you don't mind, I'd like to put a link to this in my sig? :cheeky:

Last edited:
You know, the words...difficult story. It's a very difficult piece to sing actually, it's situated right between the chest register and the head voice, it's MEAN. So I figured I will have to adjust my singing to get two different voices out of it. When it cuts to the trial footage, it's different.

I'm just sitting here crying now in joy, Moonwalk. Please do, I'd be so honored with a link.

Moonwalk, there is so much to this story that is difficult to share with the world. When I read you using the words "unbounded consciousness at play" I knew, you understood the part about consciousness. He's a major teacher of spirituality, period. People will come to recognize him as one of the great teachers of humanity in consciousness. Yes, this song is actually meant very heavily in a metaphysical way and I'll just stop at this point, before the friendly men in the straight jackets come...:cheeky:

The story of how this song came about is about as unbelievable as Michael's influence is almost to great to put into words.

You know, the words...difficult story. It's a very difficult piece to sing actually, it's situated right between the chest register and the head voice, it's MEAN. You did a FAB job.

When I read you using the words "unbounded consciousness at play" I knew, you understood the part about consciousness. He's a major teacher of spirituality, period. People will come to recognize him as one of the great teachers of humanity in consciousness. So true, in my view Michael was nothing short of an enlightened soul who chose to come and share this gift with us, to teach us through his LIFE and not just WORDS...to break some moulds, and shed some light - all while mesmerising us with sheer astronomical TALENT.

The story of how this song came about is about as unbelievable as Michael's influence is almost to great to put into words.If you ever feel like sharing this story, please PM me....that way we won't have to worry about the men in straight jackets, and just focus on the man in the military jacket :lol:
Right, off to sort that link now :punk: :hug:

^ I love it! Now representing with the link. Hope your OK with the text...? I wanted it to be representative of how I/we feel, and I just love that line of the lament. I'll change it if you prefer though, so just shout! :)

Oh, thanks :cry: And I love this version/recording of the song, too. The added "ooooo" at 2:12 and again at the end, wow, really haunting (not like the whole song isn't). Just amazing, really amazing. Yeah. The end, the bow, oh Michael :( Take the love and leave the torture... :hug: :heart: P.S. Someone a few posts ago wrote that Michael would love this. Totally. That's what my hubby said as well. And I know it's true. We love it as well.

Dang girl, I really echo what the others have said. This is a real masterpiece. Just beautiful...haunting...something to be proud of and I know Michael is too. Thanks so much for sharing your art in this way. :cry:

(Btw, your post was made at 11:11 my time ;) )

Back