This Is It 10th Anniversary Boxset

mjchris;4270965 said:
i wonder how much money AEG is getting from this 540 Euros.

Why would AEG get something from this? It’s ONLY 1000 copies released. That’s only around $500,000. That’s basically no money for anyone involved.

I honestly don't know why people say this.

It's not as if the two Johns sit in a room and do all this stuff themselves.

They pay lawyers to take the burden of the HBO case.
They pay completely separate creative teams to put together products.

Aside from providing a less than ideal time period for release, the HBO issue should not prevent good products being created.
-----------------

Exactly. Do people think the estate is made up of a handful of people and high end contract lawyers sit around deciding what the new ablum release will be? While music producers work on the HBO lawsuit. Different ppl are hired to do different things.Then again maybe they do if this is what they can come up with!!

I agree, its either for me its an amazing collectors item or its not. For me i have everything i want, it has nothing new or anything that interests me. I also think its the estate testing if it can still sell after LN so i hope they have something that is less expensive and is unreleased.
Its not like its a signed numbered product as of course that unfortunatly that can never happen again.
Your correct about lenticular concert ticket im still very angry about that and although i have not got one due to getting all my monies back , i would never want a duplicate of the nights i was supposed to go.

Plus i really dont think given the current climate of finances for most people this is an option.

I just remember that Michael wouldn't never prices his stuff like this. if Michael was giving it to us it probably would be about $100 with something at least new with it. Michael cared about his fans. he knew all his fans wasn't rich and made prices to fit all of them.

Last edited:
I may be an MJ fan but i don't complain about everything. those fans who complain about everything are unhappy people who are very sad in their lives and they never satisfied about anything. while i won't buy this i know there's gonna be people who are like i said earlier in this thread. i won't buy it but i'm i gonna stop others from buying it? no. because i know it's gonna happen anyway whatever some fans like it or not. at least it will give some money to the estate.

This is absolutely embarrassing and spits in the face of every single person who went to bat for MJ all year while they sat in silence.

Makes me sick. How dare they insult everyone like this time and time again. They have got to go.

yes please.

mj_frenzy;4270962 said:
I cannot see the point in releasing that ‘This Is It’ 10th Anniversary Boxset, which looks like celebrating his death.

This anniversary boxset release has a very morbid feeling, especially with the inclusion of the actual lenticular concert ‘This Is It’ tickets, which are tickets that came from fans who exchanged them (right after his death and the cancellation of the shows) for getting a refund from AEG Live.

Even the fact that this is an anniversary boxset aimed at hard-core collectors (of only 1000 copies released), still this release does not really make sense.

i know right?

They (the estate) make me wanna SCREAM my muscles out. I see ppl complain & complain about certain things but between doing this after 10years, the chalk, not supporting mj faster in this case thats going on, not rescanning the short films to 4k. Man what tf is going on there. How can i apply for that job position!? Why doesn't anyone go check archive footage for any rarities or etc. (SCREAMING)

Last edited:
somewhereinthedark;4271015 said:
Why would AEG get something from this? It’s ONLY 1000 copies released. That’s only around $500,000. That’s basically no money for anyone involved.

concert organizer

Well

At least I have the Copenhagen Dangerous concert to look forward to. Looks like magic is being done and the final product will be amazing.

Well

At least I have the Copenhagen Dangerous concert to look forward to. Looks like magic is being done and the final product will be amazing.
... Go on?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mjchris;4271088 said:
concert organizer

AEG is not worried about $500,000 dollars. That’s barely enough for an individual and to a huge conglomerate like AEG, it would be a paltry sum. This release is not to make money or Sony would have released more than a 1000 copies. IMO, it is promotional.

How the **** do the Estate constantly parrot oh there’s no market for it no one would buy it..

Yet release 30+ year old albums with a chalk and a 400+ dollar box set of already released material that lights up??

Idiots. From top to bottom.

somewhereinthedark;4271144 said:
AEG is not worried about $500,000 dollars. That’s barely enough for an individual and to a huge conglomerate like AEG, it would be a paltry sum. This release is not to make money or Sony would have released more than a 1000 copies. IMO, it is promotional.

its not about how much in summary they get. i just want to know how much they get from the 540 Euros.

Wow. I mean I expected nothing and somehow got disappointed :rollin: this is the chalk all over again

... Go on?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nothing official. - The Dangerous concert from Copenhagen we crowdfunded - and at the moment it is being perfected by a member here - and sound will be improwed by other members. - Quality is amazing. I even think quality will be just as good or better than the officially released Wembley concert.

Nothing official. - The Dangerous concert from Copenhagen we crowdfunded - and at the moment it is being perfected by a member here - and sound will be improwed by other members. - Quality is amazing. I even think quality will be just as good or better than the officially released Wembley concert.

Well that wont be hard to top.

The least they could do is provide an alternate tracklist... Maybe 2 discs full of hits. This is honestly pathetic

If this is the content they would produce if we had a collectors label then all hope is lost lol.

This for me, is ultimate proof they are absolutely 100% against putting in any sort of genuine effort and are just trying to milk Michael's name, and his fans for every penny they've got.

We've been lied to for years they have nothing worth releasing. We know, for a fact, there is unseen, high definition footage of This is It. This is the time to include at the very least, one or two new songs. Even new cuts.

I honestly believe Michael would be absolutely devastated if he saw the state of the MJ world today, not including the Robson/Safechuck mess. Truly devastating how badly that man has been used.

This for me, is ultimate proof they are absolutely 100% against putting in any sort of genuine effort and are just trying to milk Michael's name, and his fans for every penny they've got.

We've been lied to for years they have nothing worth releasing. We know, for a fact, there is unseen, high definition footage of This is It. This is the time to include at the very least, one or two new songs. Even new cuts.

I honestly believe Michael would be absolutely devastated if he saw the state of the MJ world today, not including the Robson/Safechuck mess. Truly devastating how badly that man has been used.
Just made me think deep. You can do so much here on earth in life but what does it really even matter. Just like a ant....ppl die everyday yet the world moves on & gets worser then it was before.

Just made me think deep. You can do so much here on earth in life but what does it really even matter. Just like a ant....ppl die everyday yet the world moves on & gets worser then it was before.

Exactly. but Michael did alot on this earth his message should be able to live on. not trying to put race in this but he deserve be up there with MLK etc. he's apart of history and culture.

The Estate doesn't disappoint, in disappointing fans.

At least we'll have 1992 Copenhagen show in good quality this year. That's something many of the fans have worked on together, no thanks to the Estate.

HappyLeeHL;4271450 said:
The Estate doesn't disappoint, in disappointing fans.

At least we'll have 1992 Copenhagen show in good quality this year. That's something many of the fans have worked on together, no thanks to the Estate.

You’re doing an incredible job, thank you man. Forget the Estate, the fans are the real carriers of Michael’s legacy. We found out about the train station lie in LN, we debunked the whole film, we got the concerts... it’s us.

Back