Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

At this point completely irrelevant but it's interesting...
On US Amazon, Best Sellers Rank in Music:

Immortal (Deluxe Version): #334
new album by Rihanna Talk That Talk: #419

Both will be released on November 21, 2011

Interesting that a remix album is beating a new studio album. Also interesting to note that many fans will not be buying Immortal immediately, and will wait until they have seen the show. However, I think Rihanna will be ahead of Immortal closer to the release date but it's a remix album, I'm not expecting it to be high in the charts.

But I won't be buying it until after I see the show in the UK in at least two years time. Reason being I don't want to ruin the experience for myself.

Just a suggestion for those who don't want to listen to the CD before seeing the show, you can still buy it on the release day to help make the album number 1, and then hide the CD deep in a closet until you see the show.

Amazon has a new picture for Immortal (Deluxe Version)

51LCxzF51QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I honestly can't wait. It'll mean a newish album with no controversy. Just us fans enjoying Michael's music. Like the good ol' days :cry:

Interesting that a remix album is beating a new studio album. Also interesting to note that many fans will not be buying Immortal immediately, and will wait until they have seen the show. However, I think Rihanna will be ahead of Immortal closer to the release date but it's a remix album, I'm not expecting it to be high in the charts.
With The Trial verdict, with Cirque touring, and some kind of album promotion it's a hard to tell how will general public react to this remix album...
5 years ago The Beatles "Love" (Cirque Soundtrack) was released at the same time of the year (giving time of the year) and it debuted at #4 on the Billboard (behind Jay-Z, Daughtry and compilation album Now That's What I Call Music! 23) with ~ 271k and at the end it sold pretty well, over 2 million copies only in US but that was 5 years ago and since then albums sales have been on the decline (free fall) so it is unlikely to expect such figures but overall I think Immortal would do (very) well.
I know I'll enjoy listening to it! :dancin:

I adored the Beatles LOVE soundtrack for their Cirque Du Soleil show, but to be honest that was such a masterpiece because it was mixed and edited by George Martin (with some help from his son) , the original producer/editor/etc etc of the Beatles albums. I'm excited for the Immortal soundtrack however it's getting me down that nobody that was originally involved in Michael's creative process is having a hand in it. I would've loved to see Quincy do something with it, despite what he's said in recent years about Michael he was still there for his biggest albums and he knows his work inside and out.

I adored the Beatles LOVE soundtrack for their Cirque Du Soleil show, but to be honest that was such a masterpiece because it was mixed and edited by George Martin (with some help from his son) , the original producer/editor/etc etc of the Beatles albums. I'm excited for the Immortal soundtrack however it's getting me down that nobody that was originally involved in Michael's creative process is having a hand in it. I would've loved to see Quincy do something with it, despite what he's said in recent years about Michael he was still there for his biggest albums and he knows his work inside and out.

Take a listen to "We are the World 2010" and you might just change your mind. Quincy is a senile old man...nothing left for him to bring to the table.

Last edited:
I think that with first week sales over 200,000 it will be #1. Rihanna will not sell more than 200,000 in the first week. MICHAEL sold 228,000 in the first week in 2010, with boycotting fans! Now I think we can succeed, although it is not studio album.

Rihanna's first week sales:

2010 Loud - 207,000 copies
2009 Rated R - 181,000
2007 Good Girl Gone Bad - 162,000
2006 A Girl like Me - 115,000
2005 Music of the Sun - 69,000

I think Talk That Talk will sell around 200,000-250,000 in the first week. We CAN beat that. She is not so popular in US like she is in Europe (maybe because of her whore-ish look and vulgar behaviour - that stuff is very popular here).

I would like to see it go to #1 but it's hard now. I hope it does well in general. Off topic for a second but looking at that it's like Rihanna puts out an album almost every year. It might be too much. I am planning to get the cirque cd because I support the whole cirque de soleil project and it's good for Michael's legacy.

Take a listen to "We are the World 2010" and you might just change your mind. Quincy is a senile old man...nothing left for him to bring to the table.

Yeh that was just horrid

I like all 10 songs on Michael. - Some more than others of course. But the conspiracy that it is not MJ singing makes no sense to me.

If the next all new MJ album could be as good as Michael - and for the sake of peace, love and harmony no Cascio songs included - I will be very very thrilled.

Hope for APWNN, BG, DYKWYCA, STTM, Escape - and WHE would be great to have out on an official MJ album, not many knows the song. - If sony plans to give 10 new songs again, they could add WHE as a bonus 11th song!
'''

I agree with you 100% Hess. I'm also excited about this album, just reading the track list makes me very excited, can't wait! I'll probably get both versions

I was hesitated to buy a remix cd, but after I saw the show, my first reaction is I have to buy the immortal ablum. one of my fav part of the show is the music. can't wait to get the cd.

Sorry to be ignorant but what is the difference between the ordinary CD and the deluxe version. x

I am also really looking forward to this album. Pretty much everything new 'Michael' interest me.. :p. Too bad we still need to wait a month for the album..

I just listened to the DSTYGE+BILLIE JEAN+BLACK OR WHITE remix...and it might soon replaced SMOOTH CRIMINAL+DANGEROUS+IN THE CLOSET as my favorite remix

New Tracklist for IMMORTAL on Amazon:
(can already feel an upcoming storm...)

Deluxe:

Disk: 1
1. Workin' Day And Night - Immortal Version
2. I'll Be There
3. Childhood - Immortal Version
4. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Immortal Version
5. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) - Immortal Version - Jacksons,
The
6. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
7. Ben - Immortal Version
8. This Place Hotel - Immortal Version
9. Smooth Criminal - Immortal Version
10. In The Closet
11. Hollywood Tonight
12. The Love You Save - Jackson 5, The
13. Human Nature
14. Monster
15. Thriller - Immortal Version

Disk: 2
1. Remember The Time
2. State Of Shock
3. Jam - Immortal Version
4. Earth Song
5. Little Susie
6. Gone Too Soon - Main Song
7. Privacy
8. Will You Be There - Immortal Version
9. I'll Be There - Immortal Version - Jackson 5, The
10. Black Or White
11. Man In The Mirror - Immortal Version
12. Bad

Single Disc

1. Workin' Day And Night - Immortal Version
2. I'll Be There
3. Childhood - Immortal Version
4. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Immortal Version
5. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
6. This Place Hotel - Immortal Version
7. Smooth Criminal - Immortal Version
8. In The Closet
9. The Love You Save - Jackson 5, The
10. Human Nature
11. Monster
12. Thriller - Immortal Version
13. Remember The Time
14. State Of Shock
15. Jam - Immortal Version
16. Earth Song
17. Privacy
18. I'll Be There - Immortal Version - Jackson 5, The
19. Black Or White
20. Man In The Mirror - Immortal Version

Last edited:
That is not real tracklist. michaeljackson.com is official Michael Jackson page and that is 100% real tracklist there.

That is not real tracklist. michaeljackson.com is official Michael Jackson page and that is 100% real tracklist there.

Sorry Onir, i think you might be wrong. Of course mj.com is THE official site. But the track list there can't be the final one. Since the deluxe version is a 2 disc set. mj.com hasn't been updated, that's the problem.
Amazon.de just updated the immortal offer, you have also the blue cover there for the deluxe version. The blue cover also is not on mj.com.

I think amazon has the current state of what the track list will look like.

Like I said,
the deluxe version will have two discs:

Disc 1: Track 1-15 Disc 2: Track 1-12

The Single Disc Version: Track 1-20

I think there may be a mistakes in the Amazon listing. I have seen clips of the Cirque show uploaded on YouTube. The song preceeding Thriller is Threatened for sure. The only segment of Monster included is that one line from 50 cents' rap. I don't see how Monster is included in the album, but not Threatened; unless, the album is not really soundtrack to the show.

And, no Dangerous? Dangerous is part of the Heartbreak Hotel/Smooth Criminal/ In the Closet/ Dangerous medley. And, no Beat It or Billie Jean? I'm offically confused.

Amazon has the wrong track list. The track-list on MichaelJackson.com is right. It is the list which is played in the Cirque-shows.
You can send a E-mail to Amazon with the link of MichaelJackson.com. So they can change it.

As i mentioned, amazon updated their site. They previously had also the tracklist from michaeljackson.com. They changed it today to the current one.
And blue cover for the deluxe version.

@love is magical
I think songs like Dangerous & Billie Jean wont be missing, maybe there are simply not mentioned. OR not mentioned yet, on amazon.

For the 2 Disc set it would be highly unusual If the track list would be 01-22. It's more likely to have Disc One Track 1 to 15, Disc Two Track 1 to 12.

Last edited:
If a little segment of a rap from Monster is on the album I don't see what harm that will do.

I mean aren't some of you a little to fanatic about those songs??

Back