Justin Bieber Lands Two Album On BillBoard Top 5

billyworld99

Proud Member
The feat marks the first time this accomplishment has been achieved since last year, when Bieber also had two albums in the top five.
By Gil Kaufman

202 106 9 More »Text Size Decrease Increase ...
Justin Bieber has become such a musical sales force that now the only competition left is, well, Justin Bieber. After landing the #1 album last week with his Never Say Never - The Remixes, Bieber had to settle for #2 this week to make room for Adele's 21. But the rush of attention on the now-17-year-old pop star thanks to his big-screen debut in "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" helped propel his nearly year-old My World 2.0 back into the top five at #5, a feat that Billboard Associate Director of Charts Keith Caulfield said was a "very big deal."

In fact, Bieber is the first artist to have two albums in the top five at the same time since he achieved the same feat nearly a year ago. The last time it happened was in March of 2010 when 2.0 debuted at #1 while the singer's debut, My World, was at #5. Caulfield said that before that, it hadn't happened since October 2004 when rapper Nelly's simultaneous album release of Sweat and Suit both crashed the top five at #1 and #2.

If you go back to the last artist to do it without releasing two new albums at the same time, you have to look to May 2003, when 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin' was at #5 and his The New Breed CD/DVD debuted at #2.

"Any way you look at it, it's unusual," said Caulfield, noting that even with all their success on the charts lately, not even Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift have notched that achievement. "It helps that you have four Bieber albums to choose from on the charts right now."

Photo: Gilbert http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659065/justin-bieber-billboard.jhtml

billyworld99;3277999 said:
The feat marks the first time this accomplishment has been achieved since last year, when Bieber also had two albums in the top five.
By Gil Kaufman

202 106 9 More »Text Size Decrease Increase ...
Justin Bieber has become such a musical sales force that now the only competition left is, well, Justin Bieber. After landing the #1 album last week with his Never Say Never - The Remixes, Bieber had to settle for #2 this week to make room for Adele's 21. But the rush of attention on the now-17-year-old pop star thanks to his big-screen debut in "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" helped propel his nearly year-old My World 2.0 back into the top five at #5, a feat that Billboard Associate Director of Charts Keith Caulfield said was a "very big deal."

In fact, Bieber is the first artist to have two albums in the top five at the same time since he achieved the same feat nearly a year ago. The last time it happened was in March of 2010 when 2.0 debuted at #1 while the singer's debut, My World, was at #5. Caulfield said that before that, it hadn't happened since October 2004 when rapper Nelly's simultaneous album release of Sweat and Suit both crashed the top five at #1 and #2.

If you go back to the last artist to do it without releasing two new albums at the same time, you have to look to May 2003, when 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin' was at #5 and his The New Breed CD/DVD debuted at #2.

"Any way you look at it, it's unusual," said Caulfield, noting that even with all their success on the charts lately, not even Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift have notched that achievement. "It helps that you have four Bieber albums to choose from on the charts right now."

Photo: Gilbert http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659065/justin-bieber-billboard.jhtml

Why do they have to go back to 2003 for that fact? Justin did it last year and this year...?

Anyway, good for him.

Michael would have had all of his album in the top10 in 2009, but... Billboard had the weird rule and they had to change it because of Michael and the Beatles...., now, anybody can have old-er albums in the official Top100....

But Michael has the record for most albums in the top10....

Justin's fame ad fortune will disappear faster than it came. I do not see a long sustainable career coming from this kid. He's too young and his young fans are too fickle. Once his voice changes and he's no longer cute, it's over.

Justin's fame ad fortune will disappear faster than it came. I do not see a long sustainable career coming from this kid. He's too young and his young fans are too fickle. Once his voice changes and he's no longer cute, it's over.

I think so too. He's just another Aaron Carter or Jesse McCartney. I don't think he will last unless he drastically changes his image and music.

Whatever happened to that other JB, the Jonas Brothers, by the way? Weren't they supposed to be the new Beatles? I haven't heard about them in ages.

I think so too. He's just another Aaron Carter or Jesse McCartney. I don't think he will last unless he drastically changes his image and music.

Whatever happened to that other JB, the Jonas Brothers, by the way? Weren't they supposed to be the new Beatles? I haven't heard about them in ages.

LOL! You took the words right out of my mouth, i.e. "The Jonas Brothers."

They were the last BIG THING and as soon as they got older, they sort of disappeared.

Little girls are so fickle. And when your core audience is made up of MOSTLY little girls, well your chances are slim at being able to maintain a successful career.

I guess that's why his people are making sure his face is everywhere at the moment. Even they know that it won't last forever.

^I highly doubt we'll be hearing of anyone who's big right now in a few years, because their core fan base is, as other posters have pointed out, composed of teenagers and kids, who will eventually grow up, get jobs, and acquire better taste in music (perhaps I am being too optimistic.) Bieber, specifically...well, I don't think he'll last very long either. He'll be like Jesse McCartney, famous for a few years, but ultimately left to sink into oblivion. Like Travis pointed out, once he's outgrown his "cuteness", it'll all be over, unless he can make a successful transition and acquire a 'sexy' adult image--we'll see. It's highly unlikely, though. Tween idols tend to come and go.

But didn't Michael have teen/ kid fans when he was Justin's age? Just saying. And bfeore anyone says it, no I am not comparing him to MJ in any way.

But didn't Michael have teen/ kid fans when he was Justin's age? Just saying. And bfeore anyone says it, no I am not comparing him to MJ in any way.
In my opinion, it started with the Jackson 5 and their fans were always made up of adults, children, teens, entire family units, including grandma and grandpa. LOL!

I also don't believe Bieber has too much of a MALE fan base, unlike the Jackson 5 did and Michael as a solo artist.

Totally agree. I said the same thing about Hanson when they 1st came out. As soon as the overplaying of Mmmbop was over, so were they. They're still trying to be relevant, but IMO it's a waste of time. No one cares.

Teen idols come and go, and this Bieber is no different. I remember Jonas Bros being the huge thing just 2/3 yrs ago,and now the teeny/tweens have moved on.

Like another poster said Biebers' fan are little girls, no boys would dare think of being a Bieber fan, he's not cool, I know because I teach 2nd grade, and the boys are into hip hop, MJ (they are constantly doing his moves) but def not Bieber. I doubt he could be successful if only little girls follow him.

Back