New Job

Severus Snape

Proud Member
As you all more than likely know, I am a college student. This means I am perpetually broke. It sucks. A lot. However, I seem to have hit a bit of fortune as of late as far as employment is concerned. I had a pretty dull library gig last semester, and I still have it, but my hours were reduced due to conflicting schedules. So, for a while, I was pretty much cut off from what I usually earn, which isn't much to begin with. In late February, however, I got another job--as a research assistant to one of my professors. We agreed to start that in March--which would be now.

Initially, I was to organize newspaper articles into different categories, but then he changed his mind and said he wants me to do actual research.

He said I was the only one he could trust to do the research, and I told him not to assign me such important tasks because I'd probably screw it up somehow, but he insisted, saying that he respected my abilities. :D

I'm going to start doing that this week, and I hope I don't screw it up! If I were in his place, I wouldn't trust me with such an important job at all, and I told him this repeatedly. I honestly don't know why he thinks I can do this sort of thing, but anyway, wish me luck!

P.S.: I also got a prospective commission, editing one of my friend's resumes to make him look good, since he's applying for a new job. Additionally, I received my tax return, so I went shopping today! :D

Last edited:
Good luck, I hope it's something you enjoy doing.

P.S. I hope you don't have a crush on this professor. :D

The best of luck to you, Mikage, you seem quite excited about this. Something nice to make you feel more confident about the future, too..

Good luck! As a uni student too, I totally understand how you're feeling :) If you don't mind my asking, what kind of research are you doing?

Thank you both!

@morsmorde, I am researching other universities, in an attempt to improve our own. I haven't started yet, but I will today and tomorrow. I intended to spend all of yesterday at it, but it was raining horrendously, so I decided not to lol.

Ah cool! Sounds interesting :) It was raining like mad here too.. let's just say I didn't go to any of my classes :lol:

I wish you all the luck..this could definitely turn out to be a great opportunity for you. I am sure you will do just fine..good luck to you.

Back