Something I Needed to say...

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
Hey y'all... this is Romi (I hope you remember me lol) :D I Missed this place.

Well I have a confession to make.

I have been away from MJJC, MJfam, and MJ for a while now. It does have something to do with me being busy but mostly because I felt a bit suffocated. For the past, what, 19-20 years, I lived & breathed Michael and it has been the most wonderful, Loving, and sad journey I've ever been on. I would not thread it for anything. For the past few months, i've been trying to get a grip on my life and focus on myself more and found that I do have other interests other than Michael... lol

Though I Love him and love being apart of the wonderful MJfam, I felt as though I wanted to just run away from everything related to Michael... I don't want to say I lost interest in him or his music or mjfam because I still comeback to MJJC and keep tabs on news and stuff... But I don't think I can be as dedicated of a fan as I have been in the past.

Y'all are gonna kill me when I say this but I even contemplated with giving away/selling all my Michael things a few times... I KNOW I KNOW, I'm crazy. But in reality, I thought I was losing interest in Michael because I didn't listen to his music a week at a time (I haven't listened to Michael in about 3 months now :( )...I used to listen to only his music and only focussed on the MJ family but now I'm more in touch with the other part of the world that does not involved Michael and I do not feel guilty because I know I still Love, respect and miss Michael.

I will still come here and share my feelings or news or w.e. But for now, I'm taking a break from Michael's world... :( But I still love y'all and don't worry, I'ma be keeping the faith for a long time to come. :D

Thank you for reading and I wanna especially thank GAZ, Ivy, Mickie, Souldreamer7, Wendy and all my Legacy Team members (Past and present) and all my Admin members (Past and present) Thankyou for making one of the hardest part of my life bearable... :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

You owe NO ONE an explanation for living your own life in a manner that works best for you. This isn't a job or a responsibility, you should never feel obligated, nor should anyone here ever make you feel guilty or hold it against you. I hope that you find the peace and healthy state of mind that you're searching for. This place and Michael will always be waiting for you should your heart ever call out for them. Always take care of yourself. :flowers:

Don't apologize, we ALL have felt that somehow... I know I have in the past, but that isn't because you don't LOVE or respect him anymore... it's natural after so many years, people need to explore other worlds outside of the one that you've created and known all your life. Live happily and don't feel guilty because it takes guts admitting that on a Michael board :)

Aw, I can feel that you feel bad about all this, but there's really no reason to! It's your life and like Purdyyungthang said, you owe no one any explanations. 20 years is a long time and people change, there's nothing wrong with that. I know how you can get sucked in to Michael's world;D and I can see how that can become a little too intense sometimes. You should just do whatever makes you feel good, and don't feel guilty for not being as involved as you used to be. It doesn't matter how 'active' you are as a fan, whether you're on a fan board or not or if you sell your Michael stuff or keep it, you can still keep loving him just as much as before :)

Don't feel guilty for anything darling, I've been there and done that but the most important thing is that you know deep down inside you love Michael, you don't have to show it through music, posting on forums, watching videos and looking at pictures.

I was not around for about 1 or 2 years and didn't listen to any music at all during that time but I know where I had Michael he has led me to the right path again and watches over me and everyone else and knows we'll never give up our love for him!

So don't feel bad, welcome back again!

Hello sweet Romi. As everyone here has said please do not feel bad as sometimes we need to take care of other areas of our life including ourselves. Self-care is most important these days. Also I bet that Michael would want you to focus on the other parts of your life. He would want us to not completely focus on him, but turn our attention to healing the world. That starts with our own family and them branching out to our communities, cities, states, countries and the world. Michael tapped all of us to continue his work and if we are so immersed in him and his world we will not be able to help heal the issues that are facing us today. We can first heal ourselves and then focus on the other issues that require healing. I sincerely believe that this is what Michael wanted us to do. So please follow your heart and take care of yourself and when you are for ready to refocus on whatever needs your attention, you'll know. This includes Michael as well. I send you healing love and light. All of this is truly All for Love.

Don't worry or doubt yourself, it's good to have other interests, in fact it's healthy! Listen to your heart, you may find a whole world of inspiration in something else that doesn't even remind you of Michael. Think about it, part of what made Michael's work so special is his vast sources of inspiration!

We will always be here for you. I hope you feel empowered to allow yourself to evolve and change. It's exciting!

Love,

Lark

That's life Romi! And it's there to be enjoyed! Don't worry too much about how others could think of you as long as you are ok with yourself!
Wish you all the best!

I Love you Romi :heart: Live your life on your terms follow your dreams and be happy :) That's what MJ would want for you anyway. Many become to obsessed with it all and do not live their own lives and that is not healthy or what Michael would want for his fans. I'm glad you were able to realize that and find a healthy balance in your life xoxoxoxo

Dear Romi, We've known each other for a while now and you've got NOTHING to worry about. Michael would want anyone to live their life to the fullest and be the best they can. If you want to take a back seat in the MJFam community then by all means do so! I've been been at arms length from the community for a while now and its sometimes needed and also essential to just cleanse yourself.

Be yourself :yes:

There is nothing wrong with that. You said it best...
and I do not feel guilty because I know I still Love, respect and miss Michael.
And thats all that matters. You have taken a healthy approach to this and that speaks volumes.
An occasional break from it all can do everyone some good.
I think its admirable that you have taken the time to express your feelings regarding
MJ and MJJC to all of us.

Take care and have a very happy holiday season and a prosperous new year. :)

Oh Wow... :busted: I'm sorry for the late reply... about 2 years... :rofl: I was just able to read the comments ... Thank you so much for all your encouraging thoughts and love. It's been a while since i've been here but today, I decided to visit because I was doing my summer cleaning today and I was faced with Mike and all the memorabilia that i've collected through out the years.

Like I was contemplating a couple of years ago about selling or not... I ended up NOT selling cuz of all the memories that rushed to my mind. I'm happy to say that Michael is still in my life (not as much as he was a few years ago) but he's still there. I'm also happy to see MJJC Going strong... I'm sure there are lots of new fans that are getting to know Mike and it's wonderful.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to comeback soon and reminisce with my fellow MJfam...Mickie, Souldreamer7, Wendy....etc... :heart:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

It's wonderful to read you're doing good, Earthie ;)

Yeah, we're still going strong indeed :yes:

Yeah, its hard to get rid of the memories that gave you so much joy, hey!

I didn't respond upon till now :blush: but life takes you in different directions really and just like the song "One day in your life"
Michael will stay in your heart and he'll be there whenever you need him to be.

Take care, Earthie :D

I often leave the community/fanbase for months at a time. Life takes over and I only have a little bit of room for Michael in my life someitmes (I always have some room, just not always a lot, you know!!) and for me it is because my experience as a fan is very personal and private and sometimes I just have to step back and do it in my own way for awhile. You do what you have to do! No one is judging you, least of all Michael - happiness and doing what's right for you is most important first!

Back