Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Re: What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    Why would that be at this point?
    cause Quincy own it as well. he don't own Michael voice but does own the music he help with the off the wall,thriller, and bad albums.

a female with depression,generalized anxiety,who is intellectual delay with other mental delays

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    Your getting a Broadway show, that’s it,enjoy if you can make the trip.
    LOL! that and MJ ONE

a female with depression,generalized anxiety,who is intellectual delay with other mental delays

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Who knows. Michael was an perfectionist and a genius. it's possible he did do 100 songs for one album. when he die they said they found about 1,000 songs unrelease and songs that was release but pull off and/or gave to another artist(s). my math not greatest but in totally Michael made 300 songs when he was alive if you count the ones that was release after his death that would make 316. but like i said math not great. so i maybe missing a few or less.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by florenzius_ View Post
    I want a new album or at least a bunch of new singles.
    I'll take anything haha
    Do singles even exist anymore?

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    Not saying Estate sucks and I fully understand why no releases and no big cool box sets like Prince fans get or tonnes of concerts Elvis fans get on that label but it would be nice just to have something release I guess.
    I understand what you mean.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,423 Times in 910 Posts

Default singles

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Do singles even exist anymore?
    A few things are still released as physical 45s & maxi singles. With the 45s it's usually underground artists and reissues of oldies hits. Or a 45 might be packaged with a box set like the Blu Ray version of Magical Mystery Tour. The 12" singles, it's club music like techno artists. A new release 45 costs on average $5 - $10, much more expensive than the ones in the past, but that's the case with vinyl albums too. But singles in general are digital downloads & streaming. All of the songs on an new album can hit the Hot 100 in Billboard, but the actual singles are the ones that last longer on the chart and generally the ones that has a music video. Singles are played on the radio, the album tracks aren't. Like the Old Town Road song by Lil' Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus recently made a record by remaining #1 for 19 weeks on the Hot 100.

Rockin' Robin
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Discussing Michaels unreleased materials and the people that worked with MJ I’ve noticed two things for certain. 1. Some of the ones that were in the studio with MJ tend to A: sometimes fabricate things they simply can’t answer and B: none of them know for certain exactly what exist. For example I’ve been to a few of Brad seminars and the song “I’ll Be There - Adult Version” was brought up. The first time the answer was it was only recorded for the Pepsi commercial then it was recorded but unreleased. Clearly no one honestly knows exactly what exist. MJ was very secretive with his craft and the people he worked with. There are things he did with John Barnes and Matt Forger at Hayvenhurst that I’m sure Quincy and Bruce never heard before. Now if you ask someone from the Westlake crew about a song that was recorded in Hayvenhurst they may not have any recollection of that song at all. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t recorded it just means they just don’t know anything about it. Same goes with asking Bill Bottrell about a rumored Bryan Loren song. Etc Etc. I honestly don’t think any of those guys know exactly what does and doesn’t exist and/or how much of every song was recorded, the level of completion or MJ’s intention for every song he laid vocals on.

I’ll be the first to admit I want to hear everything Michael recorded. Bad takes, missed cues, alternate takes, demos, adlibs, unreleased verses, harmonies, studio chatter, EVERYTHING! But I know that’s not realistic.

When Michael passed things were clearly is disarray. The estate should of (I can’t say for sure if they did or didn’t) tried to get together all the information and material that was associated with Michael that wasn’t already in their possession. Then they should of contacted every single person that was involved in a recording session, got everyone together, played everything they had and asked 1000 questions. During this time I would of video recorded everything that way the estate could of started to put their ducks in a line. There clearly is bad blood between the executors and some of Michael associates but the estate should of tried to hash that stuff out.

Now when it comes to what’s “Complete” we honestly don’t know that either. Look at how many pressings of the Bad album exist. “Rumor” has it Michael was still tinkering with songs from OTW in 2007/8! Take a song like Jane Is A Groupie. Most would say it’s incomplete but how do we know Michael wasn’t finished with the song? How do we know he wasn’t just having a nice little jam session. No it doesn’t fit the standard “Michael Jackson” song but it’s a cool little track. Should it just sit in the vault for eternity? I don’t think so. MJ isn’t here to promote and sell albums anymore so the estate should just let loose and have a little fun.

As I said before I don’t believe any one person truly knows exactly what Michael left but I do feel for every released song there is/was a song sitting in the vault. I don’t believe Michael recorded 100 songs per album but I do believe before the 2001 reissues and songs from the vault started to be released there was once at least 100 unreleased songs.

Take a look at the album Thriller. Which contains 9 songs.
    Then you have:
    Hot Street
    Niteline
    Behind The Mask
    The Toy
    Someone In The Dark
    Got The Hots
    Carousel
    The Original Pretty Young Thing
    Sunset Driver
    Starlight Sun

Same with Bad you have the 11 released songs then:
    Free
    I’m So Blue
    Fly Away
    Streetwalker
    Abortion Papers
    Loving You
    Scared Of The Moon
    Chicago 1945
    Someone Put Your Hand Out
    Earth Song
    Al Capone
    The Price Of Fame
    Throwing Your Life Away
    We Are Here To Change The World
    Cheater

I know most of these songs have since been released (01 reissues, TUC, Michael, Bad 25 and Xscape) but it kinda shows that there is material out there.

Now as for my wish I have a few things in mind.

1. A huge Opus book full of notes, drawings, hand written/type lyrics and picture of Michael in the studio, photos of the tapes and reels that are sitting in the vaults. Stories about Michaels song writing process process and how he was in the studio.

2. A Docu-Series! I’d love to see a multi part documentary (Motown, The Jacksons, Solo Years) of studio heads (the ones that actually worked with Michael) listening and discussing his songs - released and unreleased. The XSCAPE documentary was done with wrong people.
    There are songs the estate feel don’t appeal to the masses and aren’t worth anything. Have these guys break down and talk about all these tracks. See how much they remember. Go over studio notes. Tinker with the multi-tracks. Let them isolate Michaels vocals. Showcase his beatboxing skills. Play work tapes. Play unreleased alternate verses. Everyone is getting up in age and all this stuff should be documented.
    The estate could try to strike a deal with Netflix or Hulu and one of the big cable networks to show the documentary the same way they did with Bad 25.

3. Release a big box set like Ultimate Collection. In it the booklet could be a slimmed down version of the Opus. They can throw in songs like Deep In The Night, the alternate version of Smile, Michaels demo of Eaten Alive, Alright Now, Joy, The Toy, the demo to Speed Demon, Make A Wish, an early version of Can’t Let Her Get Away, You’re The One, some unreleased Motown stuff, Victory, the solo of I Just Can’t Stop Loving You and some of the other original demos that were promised to be on Bad 25.

4. Same idea as number 1 and 2 but now an Opus and and docu on Michael’s Short Films. Then Michael’s performances and his humanitarian efforts!

I know this is a lot but I’m trying to speak it into existence. Can’t go wrong with some wishful thinking.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cprep20 For This Useful Post: