*Thriller 25- 2nd week on Hitsdaily chart! Billboard? (updates merged)

KenYeSeeChesss

Proud Member
Hitsdailydouble: Projected Sales Next Week

HERE COMES THE WEAKEND TOP 10: Here’s a fun fact, kiddies: Next Tuesday, Jack Johnson’s Brushfire/Universal Republic album will become the first non-holiday release to spend three consecutive weeks at #1 since High School Musical 2 in August and September of last year. Lest you get overly excited, he’ll do it with a projected 105-110k. Nothing else on the chart will come within a mile of six figures, with Koch’s debuting Kidz Bop the likely #2 at 55-60k, followed by J/RMG’s Alicia at Keys at 50-55k. Amy Winehouse (Universal Republic) will continue to feel the Grammy effect with 45-50k, putting the retro-soulster in a battle with Michael Jackson’s updated Thriller reissue (Sony Legacy) and Sheryl Crow (A&M/Interscope), all trending toward 45-50k. The debuting Chris Cagle () will fight it out with the Step Up 2 soundtrack (),Sara Bareilles (Epic) and Mary J. Blige (Geffen) in the 35-40k neighborhood. Juno (Rhino) or Taylor Swift will round out next week’s Top 10 with a total between 30-35k. Moving along, how about Barack Obama and those Lakers? (2/22a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Does anybody know if Thriller 25 is still experiencing stocking issues in the U.S.?

Re: Hitsdailydouble: Projected Sales Next Week

im surprised no ones replied to this thread

so were looking at 45-50k and #5/6

im surprised no ones replied to this thread

so were looking at 45-50k and #5/6

im also surprised no one replied. sales didnt really change in Australia he maintained his #2 spot here. Interesting to see how dramatic the USA drop will be.

HERE COMES THE WEAKEND TOP 10: Here’s a fun fact, kiddies: Next Tuesday, Jack Johnson’s Brushfire/Universal Republic album will become the first non-holiday release to spend three consecutive weeks at #1 since High School Musical 2 in August and September of last year. Lest you get overly excited, he’ll do it with a projected 105-110k. Nothing else on the chart will come within a mile of six figures, with Koch’s debuting Kidz Bop the likely #2 at 55-60k, followed by J/RMG’s Alicia at Keys at 50-55k. Amy Winehouse (Universal Republic) will continue to feel the Grammy effect with 45-50k, putting the retro-soulster in a battle with Michael Jackson’s updated Thriller reissue (Sony Legacy) and Sheryl Crow (A&M/Interscope), all trending toward 45-50k. The debuting Chris Cagle () will fight it out with the Step Up 2 soundtrack (),Sara Bareilles (Epic) and Mary J. Blige (Geffen) in the 35-40k neighborhood. Juno (Rhino) or Taylor Swift will round out next week’s Top 10 with a total between 30-35k. Moving along, how about Barack Obama and those Lakers? (2/22a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

This is subjective. Projected Sales - Debut [Last week]:

The real story is at #2, where Sony Legacy’s deluxe 25th anniversary reissue of Michael Jackson’s Thriller, will rack up between 110-120k, not bad for an album first released in 1983.
But "Thriller 25th" sold 156k (166k, by Billboard).

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
-- 2 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 156,558 --
THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED.

This is subjective. Projected Sales - Debut [Last week]:

But "Thriller 25th" sold 156k (166k, by Billboard).

-- 2 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 156,558 --
but they were correct on the chart positioning.

I think the first report last week said 80-90k.

^in this context, k means a thousand

In addtion to their underestimating it sales the first week I would think that the fact that so many places in the US were out of stock would impact this projection for the second week. It was made pretty early in the current charting period.

has anyone seen the singles sales figures for WBSS or TGIM ??

I think the first report last week said 80-90k.

yeah they did say that and it sold double. i think midweeks are good but totally inacurate.

thriller 25 should be included in school fees meaning all students get a copy each.. that way he will sell tens of millions :lol:

no but seriously he could up his concert ticket prices by 15 bucks and include a copy for all those attending.. that would boost sales:) (assuming he hits stage for T25)...

Thanks for posting the updates. :flowers:

I think #5 or #6 isn't so bad considering who his competition is. A second week in the top 5 or top 10 is a worthy showing, imo. I know some fans predicted the drop would be more significant...basically falling out of the top 20 in one week. :lol: So yay for MJ hanging on and giving Amy and Alicia a run for their spots. Mind you, both of them put in Grammy appearances and MJ didn't. Don't underestimate the power of The Thriller. :punk:

Imagine when and IF Michael ever puts in some type of public appearance that goes well. Back up the charts, Thriller will go. ^_^

Thanks for posting the updates. :flowers:

I think #5 or #6 isn't so bad considering who his competition is. A second week in the top 5 or top 10 is a worthy showing, imo. I know some fans predicted the drop would be more significant...basically falling out of the top 20 in one week. :lol: So yay for MJ hanging on and giving Amy and Alicia a run for their spots. Mind you, both of them put in Grammy appearances and MJ didn't. Don't underestimate the power of The Thriller. :punk:

Imagine when and IF Michael ever puts in some type of public appearance that goes well. Back up the charts, Thriller will go. ^_^

Exactly! I keep hearing about some Thriller television special. Hopefully that'll take place soon.

AW: Re: Hitsdailydouble: Projected Sales Next Week

no but seriously he could up his concert ticket prices by 15 bucks and include a copy for all those attending.. that would boost sales:) (assuming he hits stage for T25)...
Well, Prince did that already on his 2004 Musicology tour and the industry was pissed and prompted Billboard to change it's charts policy! Future albums that are given away with ticket sales won't be counted towards the charts!

:(:eek:

NOW IN: 27.71%

LW TW artist / album label power index
2 5 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 10,790

NOW IN:
44.90%

LW TW artist / album label power index
2 5 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 18,169

why are you sad?? all albums drop drastically the second week

You gotta tak into consideration the fact that most store have all new releases on sale for about half price the first week. Our store had T25 on sale for $16.88 (regularly @ $26.99) and $8.88 (regularly @ $16.99). So with those new prices, it may be a little harder to sell the same 25-year old album.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

AW: Hitsdailydouble: Projected Sales Next Week

CHART DATE: 02/25/2008
LAST UPDATE: 02/25/2008 16:16:15 NOW IN: 78.04%

2 8 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 30,484 THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED.

Last edited:

why are you sad?? all albums drop drastically the second week
Well since a lot of stores were sold out the first week and didn't get new stock until the second week, it seemed possible we might see a second very strong week. As it is it is tracking even a little lower than hitsdailydouble predicted.

We still have the world charts however with Asia coming in or don't sales in Asia count on the global sales charts that were reporting it number one the first week?

I was wondering if there was still a shortage too, because when I went to the store a few days ago again... they were still completely out and this was after Tuesday when more should have been shipped. I didn't have a chance to ask if they sold out again. I was curiuous though. I am buring a coupe for gifts this month anyhow... I already have mine for house and car. :p

Do we have the complete chart yet?

Top Digital Albums
NEW
j42478rvdc4.jpg
Michael Jackson
Thriller 25
Peak

Wks On

Legacy/Epic | Sony BMG

RIAA
ico_riaa_blk_diamond.gif

Billboard Comprehensive Albums

RE- ENTRY
j42478rvdc4.jpg
Michael Jackson
Thriller 25
Peak

Wks On

Legacy/Epic | 17986* | Sony BMG

RIAA
ico_riaa_blk_diamond.gif

Top Pop Catalog
#1 This Week

j42478rvdc4.jpg
Michael Jackson

Thriller 25

Legacy/Epic | 17986* | Sony BMG

Re: Thriller 25- 2nd week on Billboard

Still at #2 on Comprehensive Albums. Do you know how many copies it sold? If the prediction from hitsdouble was right then everybody seems to have low sales this week including Jack Johnson.

Last edited:
Re: Thriller 25- 2nd week on Billboard

It's not no.2 on comprehensive chart for a second week!

Billboard charts are not done yet, and it is very unlikely to stay as high as 2!!!

Not yet but MJ has moved up to number 4 on hits daily double with sales of approx 37k so far at 84% counted!

So it looks like he will sale between 45-50k

Not bad

**T25 - #2 in the U.S. AGAIN** (HitsDailyDouble.com)

Wooohooooo he's done did it again. Came in at number 2, selling 55K (according to Hitsdailydouble.com)

1 1 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 106,414 -37%
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
2 2 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 54,508 -65%
4 3 ALICIA KEYS J RECORDS/RMG 50,621 -53%
AS I AM
-- 4 KIDZ BOP KIDS RAZOR & TIE 49,530 --
KIDZ BOP 13
3 5 AMY WINEHOUSE UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 45,772 -62%
BACK TO BLACK

Re: **T25 - #2 in the U.S. AGAIN** (HitsDailyDouble.com)

Is this the final positions? I thought it will be tomorrow. :huh:

I hope it is the final coz that is AMAZING!!!!!! :sarmoti :smoothcriminal:

Re: **T25 - #2 in the U.S. AGAIN** (HitsDailyDouble.com)

^Yup its final

Back