Toto

Georgy Porgy is my favorite. The Eric Benet & Faith Evans remake is nice too. Toto did a lot of the music on the Victory album. Jeff Porcaro, the drummer, played on a lot of acts songs as well.

they get clowned a lot but i have a lot of respect for them. Paich and the Porcaros were everywhere. can't say i enjoy most of their work but when they get something right, it's beautiful.

there came a period where i was tracking down every David Paich credit. sometimes i found crap, other times i'd convince myself it was worth it.

DuranDuran said:
Toto did a lot of the music on the Victory album.
Paich and Steve Porcaro were also involved in every one of Michael's Epic albums, barring Invincible.

yeah the africa song is great and u can really hear their influence on some of the mj songs they worked on. those are ppl to me that mj should always work with

hold the line, georgy porgy and a couple other cuts i dig. i dig them more for there session work and they are what i call real LA Polish Session cats. they can play, but i can take or leave them in toto. now they got Greg Philiganis as a member and that is cool.

^ Oh yeah I forgot Hold the line! I have it on my mp3 :yes:

Toto's "Africa" and "Rosanna" came out when I was 6 years old. And they are two of my favorite songs of all time. I'm going to miss those guys.

The drum is an idol of mine, he played the drums on human nature, lady in my life and beat it. I read he's played on a song for dangrerous, anyone know which song it is?

He also played the drums on for all time :)

Amazing musicians every one of them and i am a huge fan of them.I have all their albums and alot of solo work by some of the members.Shame the band is no more now as i thought the last album was one of their best! My favourite lead singer has got to be Joseph Williams even though i like Bobby Kimball alot!

Unfortunately for all the fans of the band Toto...

An Official Announcement From Toto —

After a 31 year career, the current line up of Toto (Steve Lukather, David Paich, Mike Porcaro, Simon Phillips, Bobby Kimball and Greg Phillinganes) have decided to go their separate ways and begin new chapters in their lives.

The band’s final CD "Falling In Between" and subsequent tours around the world have been extremely successful and well received and we have probably been more active than ever in the band’s lifespan.

We managed to capture the last tour on a wonderful DVD ("Falling In Between Live") of which we are tremendously proud, and we all feel the time is right to disband and finish on a high.

If it were not for our loyal fans who have stuck with us through all of the ups and downs we would not have been able to have continued for as long as we did. We would like to thank all our fans all over the world who have continued to support us and we will all be very busy with our own individual projects so we hope to see many of you in the future.

Toto 2008

Source:Toto Homepage

:angel:Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Toto is a great group. "Rosanna", "Africa" and "Hold The Line" are my 3 big favorites

Rosanna & Africa were good. I can't remember if I heard any others by them.

Musicians Hall Of Fame Backstage: Steve Lukather (September 2019)

At the beginning of the 2nd video, Steve talks about working on Beat It

The Story of "Africa" by Professor of Rock (November 2019)

The number one hit from 1983, Africa is broken down by Toto members Steve Lukather, David Paich, and Steven Porcaro from its use on the Family Guy to Stranger Things to the Weezer cover to its intricate arrangement.

Re: The Story of "Africa" by Professor of Rock (November 2019)

The number one hit from 1983, Africa is broken down by Toto members Steve Lukather, David Paich, and Steven Porcaro from its use on the Family Guy to Stranger Things to the Weezer cover to its intricate arrangement.

I always loved that song! And Hold The Line too!

Steve Lukather wishing his leaf blowing neighbor a good morning. :hysterical:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My Pop being a ****ing legend!!! Hahaha His neighbor had leaf blowers going at 7am and Pop decided to bring out his amp and give his own early morning hello! &#55357;&#56834; They&#8217;ve has a rivalry going for some time but this takes the cake! <a href="https://twitter.com/stevelukather?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@stevelukather</a> <a href="https://t.co/HbKftEsHjb">pic.twitter.com/HbKftEsHjb</a></p>&mdash; Trev Lukather (@TrevLukather) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevLukather/status/1293250771073396737?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Before Toto enjoyed a hugely successful run into the ‘80s, some record label executives believed they were too eclectic to win over fans.
Keyboardist and principal songwriter David Paich remembered constant complaints. “A lot of the comments were, ‘There’s no thread [to the music]. You guys don’t have a sound,” Paich said on the Broken Record podcast. “‘What is the sound? We can’t tell if you’re an R&B group or a rock n’ roll group or an adult contemporary group. What are you?’”
While the label was anxious to classify Toto’s genre, the band was determined to not be pigeonholed. “We just said, ‘This is it. This is what we are. We do all this stuff,’” Paich noted. “That’s why we wanted to be different. We wanted to just do good music of any kind, any genre.”

Back