>> Chinese members...please check in! Update from MKGENIE

that is good turthlili I Hope people can give whatever
they are able to? to all those Countries in Devastation :flowers:
they need all the help they can get!

i think most chinese will hold together when we are in trouble.
we love china.~~
 
This is horrible. I watched some coverage on television about the earthquake and my heart broke. My prayers are with the people of China.

I am happy that some of the Chinese fans are safe. Good to know.
 
I caught it on the news, my city was also affected coz it's quite close to the earthquake center. It's so devatasting :( My deepest prayers to you!
 
More than 18,000 buried in one China town: Xinhua

Tue May 13, 8:35 AM ET



BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Tuesday 18,645 people were buried under debris in the city of Mianyang, neighboring Wenchuan county, the epicenter of Monday's devastating earthquake. Some 3,629 people had been confirmed dead.
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['ez64CNGDJGc-']='&U=12br019o7%2fN%3dez64CNGDJGc-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dRMP%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d0';
b
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['fD64CNGDJGc-']='&U=12caeq9rr%2fN%3dfD64CNGDJGc-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dSIPR%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d0';
b
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['dz64CNGDJGc-']='&U=13fq2lk60%2fN%3ddz64CNGDJGc-%2fC%3d619213.12513740.12865435.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4919452%2fV%3d1';
b

The death toll from China's most devastating earthquake in three decades has jumped to more than 12,000, a top disaster relief official said on Tuesday, as storms hampered rescuers in the most devastated areas
 
God, this makes me so sad :cry: I wish nobody would have to go through such horrifying moments :cry:

I pray for the Chinese and that more people will be saved soon :( My heart goes out to all the victims and their relatives :(

Thank you mkgenie and the other Chinese members for your updates!! Be careful! :(
 
Last edited:
Pandas safe at famous park after China quake: report 1 hour, 55 minutes ago


BEIJING (AFP) - More than 80 giant pandas at China's most famous panda park, the Wolong centre, were safe and well following a huge earthquake that struck the area, state press said Tuesday.

A total of 86 giant pandas at the park did not sustain injuries following a 7.9-magnitude quake that hit the southwest province of Sichuan, where the park is located, Xinhua news agency said.

Previous media reports had put the number of pandas in the centre at 130, suggesting some of the endangered animals may still be unaccounted for, but Xinhua's report made no mention of the figure.
 
http://www.china.org.cn/china/national/2008-05/13/content_15192573.htm

Red Cross calls for donations to quake-striken areas

The Red Cross Society of China (RCSC) called for donations to help victims in the earthquake-striken areas in southwest China's Sichuan Province. The commodities in urgent need such as tents, cotton-padded quilts, food, drinking water are not so easily be transported to the disaster-hit areas due to transportation difficulties, according to the RCSC.


Donations in cash is preferred at this stage, said an official with the RCSC.

Donators can donate cash to the RCSC through the following bank account: for RMB account, the address is Dongsi Office, Beijing Branch of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, the account number is 0200001009014413252; for foreign currency account, the address is Jiuxianqiao Branch of CITIC Bank and the account number is 7112111482600000209.


The RCSC also opened a hotline +8610-65139999 and +8610-64027620 for consultation during the daytime.


(Xinhua News Agency May 13, 2008)
 
Last edited:
My thoughts for everyone affected by this tragedy :(


Thankyou to MKGenie and others who have let us know that you are okay during these terrible times :flowers:
 
Last edited:
They are dire need of help and supplies as is Maymaar (sp.) My heart goes out to these people. I hope they receive the help they need as soon.

Most banks will accept donations for the Red Cross. It makes it easier if you can't send a cheque or are not near one of their offices.

Bless them all. This is sader then words can express. :angel:
 
Breakdown of casualties in China's worst quake in 3 decadesAdjust font size: printResizeButton();
spacer.gif
A 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck Wenchuan County of southwest China's Sichuan Province Monday afternoon, killing more than 12,000 people.
The worst quake in three decades in China was also felt in many other parts of the county, leading to more deaths and injuries. The following is a detailed list of casualties reported from different regions of China, based on the latest government statistics.
1. Sichuan Province-- The death toll has reached 12,012. Another 26,206 people were injured and 9,404 buried in debris. Some 7,841 people are missing.
Wenchuan County: At least 500 people confirmed dead at the quake epicenter.
Mianyang City: 7,395 dead. (Up to 5,000 dead and 80 percent of buildings collapsed in Beichuan Qiang Autonomous County)
Mianzhu City: 3,000 killed and more than 10,000 injured.
Chengdu City: 959 dead.
Qingchuan County: At least 1,000 killed, 5,000 injured and 300 buried in the rubble; 80 percent of buildings collapsed. At the Muyu Township Middle School, 94 students killed, 120 injured and 191 missing.
2. Gansu Province-- 206 killed, 2,179 injured and 21,100 evacuated.
Longnan City: 173 killed and 2,027 injured.
3. Shaanxi Province -- 103 killed, 893 injured and 9 million evacuated.
4. Chongqing Municipality -- 11 killed, including five pupils, and more than 2.13 million people affected.
5. Yunnan Province -- One confirmed dead.
6. Henan Province -- One confirmed dead.
7. Hubei Province -- One confirmed dead.
(Xinhua News Agency May 14, 2008)


http://china.org.cn/china/wenchuan_earthquake/2008-05/14/content_15208669.htm
 
British tourists back to Chengdu safe after quake


A group of 31 British tourists have arrived safe in Chengdu, capital of the quake-hit Sichuan Province in southwest China, said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang late Tuesday.

The 31 British tourists encountered the massive quake Monday afternoon on their way back from a tour to Wolong, and all of them finally returned to Chengdu safe without any casualty or injury, with the assistance of the police of Dujiangyan, a city near Chengdu, according to Qin.

(Xinhua News Agency May 14, 2008)
 
The 86 giant pandas raised at the China Wolong Giant Panda Protection and Research Center, about 30 kilometers from the southwest China earthquake epicenter, were all safe and well, the State Forestry Administration (SFA) confirmed on Tuesday.
001109b42f7309948dbe26.jpg

File phot: Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan, two giant pandas in Wolong Giant Panda Protection and Research Center
All the panda cubs had been transported to safety, the Wolong center told SFA by satellite telephone after being out of contact for 30 hours.
All 144 pandas raised in three panda research bases in Chengdu, Wolong and Xi'an -- all in the quake zone -- were unharmed.
China has more than 1,590 pandas living in the wild in Sichuan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces. Their safety is still unknown, Xinhua learnt from the administration.
Sichuan, the worst hit province, is home to 75 percent of China's wild pandas while Shaanxi has 17 percent and Gansu 7 percent, according to the administration.
The SFA urged the panda reserves to step up safety checks to protect staff and pandas.
Local bases should closely monitor pandas in the wild, and provide promptly rescue injured pandas, the SFA said.
(Xinhua News Agency May 14, 2008)

http://china.org.cn/environment/news/2008-05/14/content_15216214.htm
 
thanks all the fans.all over the world.
we will do our best to healing
my heart will go on
 
Glad to hear that you and your family are safe, mkgenie. Thanks for keeping us updated about this tragedy.

Truly beyond comprehension...

My sympathies to all who are suffering.
 
Please members! Donate to the Red Cross and other reputable organizations so the people of Myanmar and China will receive help.
 
I watched the news last night and couldn't help but blink back tears. It's just so amazing and scary to hear reports like "whole communities have just disappeared"
and "a whole school is buried under the rubble"

:no: :no:

If anything surely we learn that life is precious and care should be given, thoughts and aid.
 
thank you very much
I am in Chengdu
I am safe
 
Last edited:
Firstly, thank u all guys for ur prayers !
MJgene has describled a general situation about the horrible eq. . I wanna add some latest news
So far, there are more than 14 thousand people lost their lives, and many of them we saw are children in schools! The photos from the spot really shocked all of us. Some children lay on the ground with books or schoolbags near hands, parents cried to death when them saw their chidlren's remains.

Fortunately, our government has effectively organised the rescue, our Prime Minister---- Wen Jiabao(温家宝) arrived in Dujiangyang ( 都江堰) in time, he's still staying with people there and inspiring us.
And our dear-people-protecting army has been sent to the worst damaged places to save the survivors.
In the meanwhile, every single person of China is doing their best to help people in Sichuan.
And we also thank you Americans and the U.S.A government ! Thanks!

We believe that we'll be alright, and thanks again!
 
Last edited:
I learned from CCTV news that the govements of all over the world have appropriiated a large amount of money for the relief of earthquake victims. I know a lot of YOU have donated with your caring.
Thank you very much for your gernerosity and kindness.
As the search and rescue is still ongoing,we pray for more survivers.
 
Back
Top