1.6 million people registered for the memorial service!!

because it wasnt 500 mll registaring it was 500 mill HITS on the website. ppl going to have a look at the site

MJ is there to see!!!! It's the reason why I wish everyone who could make it to go even if s/he is without ticket!

hes gone, u think u would him to see this mess and all the haters selling stories and talking crap. be thankful he cant be hurt no more

Could someone explain to me why it's 1.6 million pp now and 2 days ago cnn was talking about 500 million ppl registering for tickets...?

Hits is the number of times that a computer connects to a server. So, if you visit mjjcommunity 3 times within an hour, you generate 3 hits.

Some ticket scalpers set up computers and use software to generate so many hits on a site and register automatically so as to increase their chances of getting tickets to resell.

A user also generates several hits if tehy visit a site repeatedly.

Therefore, ac ombination of these generated the 500 million hits

But the organisers whittled it down by identifying repeat registrations maybe from a given PC and ended up with 1.6 million registrations.

Which is still a lot because a majority of these are people who contemplate being in and around the LA area. Of course a few have registered who are scalpers and some who cannot make it.

But don't forget each of these 1.6 million hopes to get 2 tickets which would really add up to 3.2million. But since the spaces are only 17000, that shows the gap.

The 8500 who get tickets can always go along with a partner or family member or friend.

But they should have allowed a procession, though they fear crowd control and traffic gridlock around the procession route.

I say even if you don't get a ticket...go anyways. Michael deserves the biggest funeral of all time. Not some measly 18,000 people. Elvis got 40,000...Diana got 80,000 and Michael needs to have more. So screw the cops guys just go and make some noise for Michael!!! They can't arrest 2 million people haha. Do this one for Michael, he deserves it.

From another forum;

THIS IS GOING TO COMPLETE CHAOS!!

I dont think that the STAPLE CENTER realizes how HUGE Michael Jackson is. This is going to be BIGGER than Princess Dianna, JFK, ELVIS, & James Brown...

Michael Jackson has fans of all different RACES (black, hispanic, white, asian...), from different COUNTRIES (CHINA, EUROPE, INDIA, AFRICA...)

If they think that the millions of fans that wont get a ticket will LISTEN to them and actually stay HOME Tuesday, they are in for a RUDE AWAKENING!!

They are asking for injuries, people passing out & fainting, fights...too many mixed emotions in one setting. Its going to be a MAD HOUSE out there! This is going to be BIGGER than any of those people could imagine. I HOPE it is televised. This one is going down in HISTORY! The people also need to keep in mind that this is NOT the FUNERAL SERVOCE & THAT THEY WONT GET TO SEE MICHAEL in a casket or at all. This is just a MEMORIAL SERVICE.

But the fans dont care they will show up in astronomical numbers.

There is not enough [COLOR=#29A256 ! important][COLOR=#29A256 ! important]SECURITY[/COLOR][/COLOR] in this world that will be able to TAME the crowd that'll show up that day.
Posted at 12:12PM on Jul 4th 2009 by Tiannia

me too l registered yesterday even if l win l can't go l won't have visa...

:cry: I've the same problem,
My appoinment is on Wednesday july 8 :(

God!! i just wanna leave like that tonight or tomorrow morning,
I have the fucking money to go. Just scared at the LAX-Airport where
they control all people. that they would sent me back again:puke::doh::boohoo:

I'll still be there so soon I have the damn VISA:yes:
Even I'll miss the Memorial.. Michael Jackson knows how much
I Love him :wub: R.I.P My Angel. NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE :cry:

The LA officials are asking for trouble by only allowing such a small number of tickets to be issued when such vast numbers are applying. By purposely underestimating and trying to dissourage numbers, they arent being realistic and they themselves will be to blame if all hell breaks loose.

I wonder if fans in LA are arranging their own mass gathering in a park somewhere. I cant imagine that fans in the area will simply stay in rooms watching on TV, defeats the object of actually being out there in the first place.

I just heard on the news the emails informing people if they got tickets arent going out till monday now.

I hope a lot of people show up at the Staples Center area anyway. Michael was loved by millions of people and no one should stop them from going there to show their appreciation for Michael and that they still care about him.

I read somewhere (I believe it was in a new MJ website about his funeral) that even though the winners of the tickets are from other parts of the world, they obligatorily need to have a proof of US citizenship. If this is true then it will certainly let a lot of people down, especially if one of them wins a ticket but doesn't know about this condition. D:

Its all a scam really, deliberately trying to keep numbers down, making it as difficult as possible for people internationally to get there.

AEG, just as they were doing with the tickets for the shows, are screwing over the fans again.

Im also wondering about the number of ticketts the family has reserved. Im reading 9000, is that correct?

No matter what they would have done the fans wouldn't have been happy. I don't think it was about $$ when it came to not putting screens up. It is about the safety of everyone. What I dont nderstand is the people that posted that even if they win they cant go. Then why did you take the chance away from someone who could go. As for showing up anyway why don't you respect the wishes of the family who is grieving Michael and not cause problems for them. Besides you won't see anything outside anyway.

So fans should gather still... its about showing the world how much he was loved

No matter what they would have done the fans wouldn't have been happy. I don't think it was about $$ when it came to not putting screens up. It is about the safety of everyone. What I dont nderstand is the people that posted that even if they win they cant go. Then why did you take the chance away from someone who could go. As for showing up anyway why don't you respect the wishes of the family who is grieving Michael and not cause problems for them. Besides you won't see anything outside anyway.

Its not about "seeing" its about FEELING...comming together in the masses, and claiming this moment in history for The King.

I think "the not showing up" is comming from the city and of course the family will say that to support the citys stand on that. But if people show up and come together non violently, whats wrong with that??

I disagree, the world knows how much he is loved. I think the FAMILYS wishes should be respected. This is about them, not about us. They are the ones that lost a father, brother, son, etc

If you're going to LA and have never been, I feel sorry for you if you're going to this lol...You're in for a BUMPY ride! Talk about chaos...Safety will be a HUGE issue. the traffic is beyond crazy on a normal day, I can only imagine what it'll be like for this. I'll stay at home and watch it on TV.

That is exactly my point....SAFETY. The family should not have to worry about what is happening outside, etc.

That is exactly my point....SAFETY. The family should not have to worry about what is happening outside, etc.

Then why do it at all?? They know fans are going to show up, come on now, even people who aren't fans and don't have these boards as a reference will be curious and show up.

Like I said before, I don't have a problem with anything the family decides, this is a very difficult time for them, and so many hard decisions.

I have a problem with, having a PUBLIC memorial, and then telling the PUBLIC to stay home! It is just a mess and I think Michael deserves better, one way or another.

A PUBLIC memorial in the sense it isn't just family and friends. No matter where they did it not everyone who would want to be there could be there. There simply isn't a place that could hold that many people. To me the thing is if you truly care what the family wants, etc then let them hold the memorial in peace. If there are 700,000 people outside some people will be worried about the safety of those people instead of celbrating and grieving for the loved one lost. Its just my opinion but if you go when you were asked not to then you are being selfish. I work for a popular music artist and this is one of the things that always puzzle us. When fans think they have a right to be places they aren't supposed to and think they are just as important as her family. The fact is you, I and the people that post here are FANS of MJ not personal friends or family. He loved his fans, no doubt about that, however I can guarantee that you were not as hight up as his family and close friends. I am not talking to anyone speifically, just in general. I see this from the other side, the side of the artist and it always baffles us.

Exactly!!! I wish all the 1.4million fans will go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make it the biggest funeral in HIStory. MJ likes everything to be huge and extravaganza. His funeral needs to be huge too!
Just ignore the district staffs who would be happy to death to have 50 people to send them off when they die.
I woke up a couple of days ago with that phrase in my head: "the biggest funeral in history". (Well, this is a memorial, but for all intents and purposes, same thing in this case.) I hope it is. I'm all for a million people there. I pray they're peaceful, keeping in mind why they're there, not causing problems or "safety issues", but in my heart I really am all for people defying that "stay home" request. To show the world. But maybe I'm just being impractical. Maybe I'm just confusing what he deserves with what's possible. But hearts do that, now, don't they? Ugh.

They say 3 billion may watch on TV.

According to TMZ there's a... British invasion of MJ fans going on in LA right now. lol

A PUBLIC memorial in the sense it isn't just family and friends. No matter where they did it not everyone who would want to be there could be there. There simply isn't a place that could hold that many people. To me the thing is if you truly care what the family wants, etc then let them hold the memorial in peace. If there are 700,000 people outside some people will be worried about the safety of those people instead of celbrating and grieving for the loved one lost. Its just my opinion but if you go when you were asked not to then you are being selfish. I work for a popular music artist and this is one of the things that always puzzle us. When fans think they have a right to be places they aren't supposed to and think they are just as important as her family. The fact is you, I and the people that post here are FANS of MJ not personal friends or family. He loved his fans, no doubt about that, however I can guarantee that you were not as hight up as his family and close friends. I am not talking to anyone speifically, just in general. I see this from the other side, the side of the artist and it always baffles us.

Wow, I dont even know what to say to that. Excpet that I find it offensive you think we are THAT dellusional. I think we know MJ loved his fans, but of course he loved his family more. But we loved Michael for many reasons, and we have a right to grieve too and if standing 5 blocks away from a building helps people deal with this loss, then so be it.

P.S. your elitist attitude kind of sucks, just my opinion.

Last edited:
I hope that's not true. If the tickets are distributed between 8-6pm monday and the emails don't go out until Monday how the hell are people that are flying in and waiting to get this email supposed to get there in time ? This is making my heart ache :(

I hope that's not true. If the tickets are distributed between 8-6pm monday and the emails don't go out until Monday how the hell are people that are flying in and waiting to get this email supposed to get there in time ? This is making my heart ache :(

I think it was misreported, because the anchor DID say they changed the email date to monday but I just channled surf and all the news stations are reporting today is the email date, sorry.

Back