1.6 million people registered for the memorial service!!

A PUBLIC memorial in the sense it isn't just family and friends. No matter where they did it not everyone who would want to be there could be there. There simply isn't a place that could hold that many people. To me the thing is if you truly care what the family wants, etc then let them hold the memorial in peace. If there are 700,000 people outside some people will be worried about the safety of those people instead of celebrating and grieving for the loved one lost. Its just my opinion but if you go when you were asked not to then you are being selfish. I work for a popular music artist and this is one of the things that always puzzle us. When fans think they have a right to be places they aren't supposed to and think they are just as important as her family. The fact is you, I and the people that post here are FANS of MJ not personal friends or family. He loved his fans, no doubt about that, however I can guarantee that you were not as high up as his family and close friends. I am not talking to anyone specifically, just in general. I see this from the other side, the side of the artist and it always baffles us.

HOW IN HE HELL DO YOU KNOW SH!T? AS FANS, WE HAVE A RIFHT TO FGO WHERE EVER WE WNAT, AS A CITIZEN, WE HAVE A RIGHT TO GO WHERE EWE WANT, WE DON'T NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TELLING US WE WEREN'T HIGH ENOUGHT ON THE LIST TO BE CELECTED TO BE INSIDE. WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY...DIANE DIAMOND OR NANCY DISGRAC?
YOU GOT IT BACKWARDS, IT'S YOU WHO DON'T DESERVE TO BE THERE. DON'T EVER COME IN OUR FAN BOARD TALING THAT SMACK AND UNDERMING US FANS...YOU H AVE NO CLUE WHT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING !!!!!!!!!! IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DON'T NEED A TICKET.
MICHAEL WOULD WANT TO SEE YOU ANYWAYS.

carry on people...

I hope we get news soon and fans are able to get out there in time.

This is memorial, not funeral, right? So his body is not going to be there? :scratch:

"And in the aftermath the media is going to make it look like only 14000 fans showed up for the memorial, and compare it to Elvis who had 80000 and Diana who had 250000.

I say to all the fans who wanted to go, go to Los Angeles. Fill up the area around Staples Center. Let the streets be filled with MJ fans and tell the law enforcement officers to go fuck themselves!"

No could have said it any better!! I am going for sure. :)

Fans, remember what Michael told us. "Don't let nobody turn you 'round."

"And in the aftermath the media is going to make it look like only 14000 fans showed up for the memorial, and compare it to Elvis who had 80000 and Diana who had 250000.

I say to all the fans who wanted to go, go to Los Angeles. Fill up the area around Staples Center. Let the streets be filled with MJ fans and tell the law enforcement officers to go fuck themselves!"

No could have said it any better!! I am going for sure. :)

Fans, remember what Michael told us. "Don't let nobody turn you 'round."

I agree I hope to see a good turnout for this. I know Michael has so much love around the world. I also hope they honor him like the king he is.

I can't imagine anyone purposely going to the memorial to pick a fight. More than not we'll all be mediators to try to keep any tension down.

If I get picked I'm going. Now - how to tell work that I won't be in for 3 days?

Ok, there are some rumours coming from the New York Post that the private funeral will now take place secretly on Monday...? and some others that they will delay it after all until they get permission for Neverland... Ugh!

A PUBLIC memorial in the sense it isn't just family and friends. No matter where they did it not everyone who would want to be there could be there. There simply isn't a place that could hold that many people. To me the thing is if you truly care what the family wants, etc then let them hold the memorial in peace. If there are 700,000 people outside some people will be worried about the safety of those people instead of celbrating and grieving for the loved one lost. Its just my opinion but if you go when you were asked not to then you are being selfish. I work for a popular music artist and this is one of the things that always puzzle us. When fans think they have a right to be places they aren't supposed to and think they are just as important as her family. The fact is you, I and the people that post here are FANS of MJ not personal friends or family. He loved his fans, no doubt about that, however I can guarantee that you were not as hight up as his family and close friends. I am not talking to anyone speifically, just in general. I see this from the other side, the side of the artist and it always baffles us.

Um, no when something is public that means it is for the public. Who else is ther besides family, friends, and fans? The media? Great so this is for the media I guess, because family and friends will probably have a private memorial and funeral and the PUBLIC memorial will have what 18,000 people out of how many?

This isn't an issue of being selfish, if I don't get a ticket, I may go to Michael's star in Hollywood, or meet up with fans somewhere. Maybe go to Neverland. I just think and I can't say this enough, if you're going to do it, do it right. I don't think fans would be upset at all about not getting tickets if they could be there, even if that means standing outside watching a big screen.

When someone who touched so many people passes, usually there is some type a gathering for those people. There have been many funerals and/or memorials in the past where thousands of people gathered... no one called them selfish. It is very touching to see all the people come together like that.

If you don't want to go, then don't go, I'm not judging you for not going, I'm not saying "You must not be a very big fan, if your not going" or anything like that, so please don't judge me.

It is very touching when people come together to celebrate someones life. But when the family of the person officially asks people not to come then that should be respected thats all. I am sorry but it is a matter of safety not having the screens up, etc and that should come first. And the family has every right to do it the way they want, of course they are going to have a private service along with the public. I DO think it is a GREAT idea for people to gather at his star or at Neverland to be together. But I think the wishes of the family should be honored first and foremost.

It is very touching when people come together to celebrate someones life. But when the family of the person officially asks people not to come then that should be respected thats all. I am sorry but it is a matter of safety not having the screens up, etc and that should come first. And the family has every right to do it the way they want, of course they are going to have a private service along with the public. I DO think it is a GREAT idea for people to gather at his star or at Neverland to be together. But I think the wishes of the family should be honored first and foremost.

I see your point I guess I just don't think it is a matter of safety, because things like this have been done before. I think it is a matter of money, but who knows. Lets just agree to disagree on this, because there are just so many factors that we can't really know for sure (right now) why it is being done this way. I don't think Michael would want us to argue :wub:

Do you work for the LAPD or something?!?!

I personally think that they should have given out these tickets by now to allow for people to make the memorial..... they opened the registration worldwide but in reality, fans from around the globe are not going to be able to get there if AEG don't sort out the tickets soon....

Eh i dont believe that is what the famaly wishes, i believe that is what the police wishes.

Do you work for the LAPD or something?!?!

Who knows? They could be. We never know.

And I agree. They really should have given out the tickets by now.

And about it all being the police's wishes instead of the family's. I agree with that too because Michael's family understands how much we love Michael. The wouldn't want to limit the number of Michael's fans when they know we were his strength and how much he LOVED us.

We should all just go to LA, those who are able to. I can already imagine Michael smiling down upon us when he sees his sea of fans still there for him just like old times. Let's make Michael proud of us once again by showing the world how wonderful he was. Let's make him smile on that day. That's our mission.

it makes me laugh when they go on about safetly they talk as if they have never had to manage large crowds b4 ive worked in crowd control for 10 years do they need me to tell them how to do their jobs. its a feeble excuse

Woooooow! I registered but my chances of getting a ticket are slim tonight! What I'm hearing is that if fans don't get a ticket you are not allowed anywhere near the area at all! So I don't know how broke california is going to stop millions of fans of crowding around the area. Impossible :(

Woooooow! I registered but my chances of getting a ticket are slim tonight! What I'm hearing is that if fans don't get a ticket you are not allowed anywhere near the area at all! So I don't know how broke california is going to stop millions of fans of crowding around the area. Impossible :(

Yep they are blocking off a large perimeter around the arena. If you don't have tickets, then you can't even get in the perimeter. I'm not sure how California is going to do it. With the short notice, the lack of funds in California...this will be messy.

APD -- If You Don't Have Tickets, Don't Come!

Posted Jul 5th 2009 12:27PM by TMZ Staff

The Michael Jackson memorial in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday is expected to draw a huge crowd, but the LAPD is trying to talk people who don't have tickets out of coming.
0705_mj_map_02.jpg

Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell addressed the press today and reiterated time and time again that people who aren't lucky enough to win the drawing for tickets to the memorial should just stay home and watch it on TV -- or (CHEAP PLUG ALERT) watch it live here on TMZ.

The LAPD will also block off several square blocks around Staples Center (see above) but may expand the area based on the size of the crowd.

To help reduce costs, McDonnell said they would try and send as many cops home as quickly as possible -- crowd size willing -- and that cops making OT would be the first to go. So far, he said, no private entities have step forward to help alleviate the cost.

what a way to treat such a person. pretty much sums it up. shame on them fans get out there. if u live anywhere in the usa get in your car now and drive now your chance to show how much mj is loved in the usa

Everyone that can go then please go! just leave it taping in your house.

You guys go out there and don’t let anyone to stop you from showing your respect for the KING Of MUSIC.

According to that map, theres a Grand Hope Park just at the cordoned off area. Aptly named, sounds like a good meeting point to me!

I'm going there early, before they block it all off.

I REALLY REALLY hope that it won't get out of hand. Some SERIOUS things could happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/ap_en_...ael_jackson_385

1.6M Jackson fans learn who won memorial tickets

LOS ANGELES – Who's getting the tickets?

Like a modern-day Willy Wonka tale, more than 1.6 million fans waited to learn Sunday whether they were among the lucky few to win access to Michael Jackson's memorial service at Staples Center on Tuesday.

Fans registered online for free in the random drawing of only 8,750 names. Each person selected will receive two tickets.

Ticket winners were in the process of being notified Sunday afternoon, according to Michael Roth, a spokesman for Staples Center owner AEG Live.

The odds of getting a ticket were about 1 in 183.

The tickets will admit 11,000 people to the Staples Center plus 6,500 in the Nokia Theater overflow section next door. The streets around the stadium will be closed to prevent those without tickets from trying to attend, police said Sunday.

The 50-year-old Jackson died June 25 after going into cardiac arrest in the bedroom of his rented mansion. The cause of Jackson's death has not been determined. Autopsy results are not expected for several weeks.

Jackson's family was planning a private ceremony at the Forest Lawn cemetery in the Hollywood Hills, LAPD Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell said. He did not provide further details.

More than a week after his death, tributes and accolades keep coming. Madonna had a Jackson impersonator dance to "Wanna Be Starting Something" at her concert Saturday in the same London arena where he was to stage his comeback.

Colin Powell said in an interview aired Sunday that Jackson had controversy in his life, but in death his art should be celebrated.

"Yes, there were some challenges in his life," the former secretary of state told CNN's "State of the Union." "Yes, there was a great deal of controversy about him. But he's now passed on. Let's celebrate his art."

The memorial service will be broadcast on five television networks, after NBC executives changed their minds Sunday and decided to air the service live. NBC joins ABC, CNN, MSNBC and E! Entertainment.

Before the ticket drawing, officials of AEG, the owner and operator of the Staples Center, will "scrub" the entries to eliminate duplicates and any suspected of being made by automated systems, Jackson family spokesman Ken Sunshine said in a statement.

Winners received a unique code and instructions on how to pick up their tickets Monday at an off-site distribution center. When they pick up their tickets, a wristband will be placed on their wrists.

To prevent ticket scalping, fans must have both the ticket and the wristband to enter Staples Center on Tuesday. Wristbands that have been ripped, taped or tampered with will be voided.

City officials are preparing for huge crowds. Assistant Police Chief Jim McDonnell would not say how many police would be on the job, but alluded to the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics and the recent championship celebration for the Los Angeles Lakers at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

The ceremony will not be shown on Staples' giant outdoor TV screen and there will be no funeral procession through the city.

No details were given about the actual memorial events.

Then - if fans were notified Sunday and I haven't heard anything it's a safe bet I'm not one of the lucky ones. Hence, not having to worm my way out of work. I'm so sad. But not everyone can be a winner.

I hope many of you here were indeed winners. I'll be there with you in spirit. :angel:

Then - if fans were notified Sunday and I haven't heard anything it's a safe bet I'm not one of the lucky ones. Hence, not having to worm my way out of work. I'm so sad. But not everyone can be a winner.

I hope many of you here were indeed winners. I'll be there with you in spirit. :angel:

Unfortunately, this may not be the case. You, like many others, may only find out tomorrow, when it is already too late, that you were indeed the lucky ones. This system so far sucks: poorly organised and possibly fixed.

Back