12 Mar08:MJ news and mentionings

Leave for a while, come back and as I expected, MJ is A-OK. Now he's super quiet! He went far underground! This is so LIVE!!

And, uh, Miss :crazy missed her appointment to get fitted for her straight jacket. Lord have mercy! She and Janet Arvizo are like two peas in a pod.

And Fox News should go ahead and admit that Roger needs to be taken off of their payroll. They are really wasting their money on him. He is not a real reporter. He is a total waste of space. They need to pull a Court TV move and get rid of him just like Court TV got rid of Diane Dimond who is the female version of him.

Other than that....GO THRILLER 25...GO MICHAEL...with your quiet self. You are soooo shhhhhhhhhh right now. LOL. Just like back in the day!!

300,000 copies sold...pretty soon the Eagles Greatest Hits is going to get the snatch put on it cuz Thriller 25 ain't playin' no games.

Last edited:
Wow, that BET information, if true, explains everything. Michael really did want to be there. But how could they ask the biggest legend on the planet to attend their show and then not plan for it? What is wrong with Debra Lee? Or who did she give this task to?

Thanks for the info about the BET show Bee. Too bad it fell through, though obviously, it wasn't Michael's fault, like SOME fans were saying, lol. Some people just like to blame him for everything when they don't know what the heck they're talking about.

Interesting news about Sony/BMG. Some of it goes over my head, but from what denis said, I suppose what it means is, BMG is trying to intice Sony/ATV in to creating a seperate publishing branch for Sony/BMG by offering them the rights to distribute said music under the Sony/BMG publishing branch?

Thanks for the info about the BET show Bee. Too bad it fell through, though obviously, it wasn't Michael's fault, like SOME fans were saying, lol. Some people just like to blame him for everything when they don't know what the heck they're talking about.

Interesting news about Sony/BMG. Some of it goes over my head, but from what denis said, I suppose what it means is, BMG is trying to intice Sony/ATV in to creating a seperate publishing branch for Sony/BMG by offering them the rights to distribute said music under the Sony/BMG publishing branch?

MMMMMMM HMMMMM :zformation:

You'll never hear them admit it though. :zformation:

Hell no. They'll crawl back into the hole from which they came until something else happens that they think they can scream at the man about, lol.

Last edited:
Wow, that BET information, if true, explains everything. Michael really did want to be there. But how could they ask the biggest legend on the planet to attend their show and then not plan for it? What is wrong with Debra Lee? Or who did she give this task to?

In a word: >viacom< :puke: (same devils behind abc/mtv).
The good relationship MJ had with BET was with it's previous owner, (An African-American).. but then he sold to... >viacom

Last edited:
MJ and Sony have been very busy lately. Have you all noticed these business transactions seems to be picking up? They are rollin' behind the scenes!

Geraldo Rivera was on Colbert. He just mentioned that he knew mj would be acquitted and that if he was convicted he would shave his mustache

And before that talk they were talking about Rivera's avocation for hispanics...and Colbert was like "cuz Michael Jackson's hispanic?"

And everyone had a laugh and Rivera was like "He's also an easy target."

Geraldo Rivera was on Colbert. He just mentioned that he knew mj would be acquitted and that if he was convicted he would shave his mustache

And before that talk they were talking about Rivera's avocation for hispanics...and Colbert was like "cuz Michael Jackson's hispanic?"

And everyone had a laugh and Rivera was like "He's also an easy target."

Uh-hh^_^ not so anymore..so they are already beginning to find out..the hard way:

MJ and Sony have been very busy lately. Have you all noticed these business transactions seems to be picking up? They are rollin' behind the scenes!

All these pundits are having to find new meal tickets:lol:

Thanks J5!:wub:

Last edited:
Yeah, but Michael still has a lot of favor at BET because of Debra Lee. She is a huge fan of his and would not pass up the opportunity to get him on the show. I think that someone simply dropped the ball on planning for his appearance. It was really too late to do anything about it. I betcha he and Deb have spoken since then and you can bet this won't happen again.

Yeah, but Michael still has a lot of favor at BET because of Debra Lee. She is a huge fan of his and would not pass up the opportunity to get him on the show. I think that someone simply dropped the ball on planning for his appearance. It was really too late to do anything about it. I betcha he and Deb have spoken since then and you can bet this won't happen again.

Yeah, I know, this is what I hate about it! It's no different than in our own personal lives/with our jobs, good folk sometime suffer when a few bad actors cause chaos. This is especially so in regard to BET being owned by viacom.

When I first heard they purchased it, I knew that standards/programing (which BET has recently been criticized for) would suffer. Viacom is not unllike murdoch/fox in its mindset! They aren't above owning BET for the sheer purpose of preventing African Americans artists from saying no to the 'establishment' (mtv is also owned by viacom).

In the past, BET received a major boost from MJ & other artists miffed by mtv's longstanding color barrier. For the record, BET's presence helped the entire industry, not just MJ to break through that barrier. MTV & later vh1 were then sharing more industry profits with BET!

-_-Just proves, competition, sound economic alternatives/boycotts are still the best way to defeat discrimination. All of the above is why I also support public broadcasting both on tv & the internet. Large media mergers were authorized with the intent of preventing the public's right to choose.

Last edited:
News post continues..........
QUOTES

· What I do when I write is that i'll do a raggedy, rough version just to here the chorus, just to see how much I like the chorus. If it works for me that way when it's raggedy, then I'll know it will just work... Listen to that, that's at home. Janet, Randy, Me... Janet and I are going "Whoo, Whoo... Whoo, Whoo..." I do that same process with every song. It's the melody, it's the melody that's most important, If the melody can sell me, then I'll go to the next step The idea is to transcribe from what's in your mentality onto tape If you take a song like "Billie Jean," Where the bass line is the prominent, dominant piece, the protagonist of the song, the main driving riff that you here, getting the character of the riff to be just the way you want it to be, that takes a lot of time. Listen, you're hearing four basses on there, doing four different personalities, and that's what gives it character, but it takes a lot of work.
~Michael Jackson listening to an early writing version of Billie Jean on his iPhone, Ebony Magazine December 2007.

Woohooo! Michael uses iPhone! lol :rolleyes:

"Thriller 25" sales are not enough yet to make any really significant effect on Michael in financial terms. Up to 2 million wholesale figure makes about $5 million before taxes (which can be accounted differently depending on to where those money are transferred to) for Jackson.

This was posted by LeslieMJHu from the KOP
http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=32987&st=20

Here You can see the detailed list of "Thriller 25" sales after the third week of release:

FRANCE: #1 third week in a row! GOLD with 180 ship
NORWAY: #1 (2) this week - for the first time ever Thriller reaches top spot in Norway!!! GOLD with 25K ship
BELGIUM: #1 third week in a row! GOLD with 18.5K ship
INDIA: #1 entry at biggest music chain with 9K ship
GREECE: #1 (6) up this week with 1.8K ship
AUSTRALIA: #2 third week in a row! GOLD with 62K ship
MEXICO: #2 (10) up in overall chart this week with 41K ship
BRAZIL: #2 again this week with 14K ship
DENMARK: #2 again this week with 12K ship
PORTUGAL: #2 (3) up this week with 6.7K ship
SWITZERLAND: #3 (4) up this week! GOLD with 18.5K ship
IRELAND: #3 (2) this week. GOLD with 9K ship
KOREA: #3 again this week with 6K ship
PHILIPPINES: #3 (2) this week with 1.1K ship
JAPAN: #4 (1) this week with 72K ship
SWEDEN: #4 (3) this week. GOLD with 19K ship
POLAND: #4 again this week. GOLD with 8.5K ship
CANADA: #5 (3) this week. GOLD with 55K ship
SPAIN: #5 (2) this week with 30K ship
HONG KONG: #5 (7) up this week with 6K ship
GERMANY: #6 (8) up this week with 55K ship
AUSTRIA: #6 (5) this week with 8K ship
NEW ZEALAND: #6 (3) this week with 6.5K ship
HOLLAND: #7 (2) this week with 20K ship
CZECH REPUBLIC: #7 (9) up this week with 1.4K ship
US: #8 best selling album this week in the US - still #1 on Top Pop Catalog Chart! GOLD ship of over 500K
TURKEY: #8 new entry this week!
UK: #9 (6) this week. GOLD with 146K ship
ITALY: #9 (7) this week with 34K ship
FINLAND: #9 (6) this week with 3K ship
TAIWAN: #10 on int'l album chart with 1.1K ship
HUNGARY: #11 (13) this week with 1.3K ship

1.4 MILLION SHIPPED WORLDWIDE!!!:punk:

European Billboard chart: #2 again this week!!!

Countries where the album received the GOLD status: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US!
veryhappy.gif
In it´s 4 th week it has moved up 2 places to #2 in the Swedish chart :).
http://www.hitlistan.se/netdata/ghl001.mbr/lista?liid=54&dfom=-1&newi=B&webgrp=undefined

Ok guys, I got some news. (I am missing American Idol Results show for this. LOL)

Source: Sister 2 Sister Magazine. April 2008 issue with Chilli from TLC on the cover. Page 15 of the magazine.

The news is about why Michael did not show up at the BET Honors Show.

I read the whole thing and it made sense why MJ did not come. This can finally end the specualtion. (BTW, Jamie Foster Brown writes the "Meow" section of the magazine)

Exactly from the magazine:

Why was Michael Jackson absent from the BET Honors?

Cedric the Entertainer told the same funny jokes during rehearsals for the BET Honors as he did when the cameras rolled. He made fun of Michael Jackson, who was a last minute no-show, citing possible reasons for Michael's absence. "The monkey couldn't get his tuxedo in time," Ced cracked.

I'm told that Michael was asked to be at the January show back in July, but the Tuesday before the ceremony no one had been confirmed to present his award and no one was prepared to perform the tribute to him. Pierre Cossette Productions went back to the drawing board to find a performer (Ne-Yo came through for the taping) but the interviews and career retrospective that would air before Micahel accepted his award had not been written or produced so the superstar bowed out. Once the production company had gotten things together, there wasn't enough time for Michael to make travel arrangements. (Moving Michael takes a lot of preparation and security; he doesn't just put on his coat and walk out the door.)

We hear Michael was very disappointed and had been looking forward to attending the BET Honors. It's great that BET wanted to honor him. He has been a strong supporter of the network since day one when he demanded that Sony, his record label, put his videos on BET and not just MTV.

Thanks Bee. Good find!

thanks Bee for posting that info about BET...

some fans need to be chowing on some sandwiches..

and I wish they would wait for the facts b4 condemning Michael.. or better yet.. refrain from posting the hateration and be more objective until the facts are known...

a continuation of his legacy is being written...........don't miss it!

Back