12 Mar08:MJ news and mentionings

and this is percisely why Michael or Ms Bains DOES NOT have to put out any press release to say .. "No ....I am not...'''''

Exactly!

Ms. Bain has been wise enough to realize that not responding to ish is the best way to represent MJ on 'all things contrived' by our media. The longer she & Camp MJ wait, the sooner the media will start twisting in the wind, example: R.F.'s most recent about face, (posted above).

Last edited:
Thanx for the news RP :smile:

here is a mention
XM Radio to Launch George Strait Channel
5 hours ago
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — George Strait says he still gets a thrill hearing his songs on the radio, and now he'll have a whole channel of his music to get excited about.
"Strait Country" will launch April 1 on XM Radio channel 17 to coincide with the release of the country star's 37th album, "Troubadour," the satellite radio company announced Wednesday.
The station will run through May 31 and feature songs from Strait's catalog as well as exclusive interviews and programming about the star.
He joins Led Zeppelin and Michael Jackson as the only recording artists to have their own XM Radio channels.
"It's always a thrill to hear one of your songs played on the radio, but to have XM Radio dedicate an entire channel to my music is just amazing," Strait, a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, said in a statement.
The singer's career spans more than 25 years and includes 55 No. 1 hits. His latest single, "I Saw God Today" is No. 8 on Billboard's country singles chart, and his duet with Kenny Chesney, "Shiftwork," is No. 4.
"George's tremendous achievements and body of work transcends musical genre and will make this channel a must-listen for all music fans across the country," said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming for XM Ra

So does this mean that Michael's channel is not permanent? Does his channel have a deadline like this guy's channel does?

Ok! I know that we don't allow RF's s*it here but I have removed his wild guesses and theory just to highlight a flying-pigs moment of this article

*****'s Neverland Falls Prey to Chaos

Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch may temporarily be out of financial peril on Wednesday.

Meantime…

So is Neverland saved? It’s still a bit foggy. But there is some good news on the horizon. The "Thriller 25" album has sold better than anyone imagined. A month later, the revamped package is holding its own in the top 10. Last week, "Thriller 25" was one of the few CDs that actually increased its sales, by 20 percent. It sold almost 50,000 copies. In this economy, with the record biz dead, that’s quite an accomplishment.

At a total 300,000-plus, "Thriller 25" is heading for gold certification with the RIAA. That would be quite an accomplishment for a CD that’s been reissued several times. It also might be a sign of how bad things are in the marketplace. Good music is being drunk like water in the desert!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336991,00.html

mmmh! So now RF is bigging up T25!

Yeah, after he called it a complete flop just a few weeks ago.

So does this mean that Michael's channel is not permanent? Does his channel have a deadline like this guy's channel does?

I am not sure how it works to be honest but I think it might depend on how popular that specific artist's channel is and also perhaps how many popular songs the artists etc Maybe someone know more and can clarify. :unsure:

I agree here too. It's so funny watching these people try to either back-pedal and change tack or come up with the dumbest theories I've ever heard as to why Michael is cutting mega-deals when they've been constantly spouting for years that he's always on the verge of falling apart. I love that Michael is ten steps ahead and raking in the paper presidents. Keep it up Michael.

I think that these people think that if they continue to report this stuff they will drive Michael to suicide.

EXCELENT news today, thank you ! :)

Last edited:
.... "The Beatles will appear soon on iTunes.
Reports claiming music from the band will show up online soon - clearly emanating from within Paul McCartney's inner circle - have been circulating for the past week."

;)Oh-hhhh!
So now the media have actually resorted to directly calling out Sir Paul!

He's remained suspect #1 in regard to using the media to issue unfounded/negative reports against MJ's ownership of the catalogue.

:cool:Hmmm peeps watch, pay attention..& of course, continue to pray!

Either all the anti-MJ stories, where they've alluded to Paul are the truth or lies! Be certain however, that we are all about to find out! As we've seen, it's a new day in Camp MJ & apparently the media's need to reveal Paul's 'camp' as it's 'source' was the result of pressure from the MJ/sony partnership!

Now let's see who the real devils, (enemies of MJ), are.-_-

Last edited:
I AM LOVING THIS SH*T (excuse my French.. just too excited)

:lol: Me too!!!

Top Pop Catalog Albums: 3/22/08 chart

*1 1 MICHAEL JACKSON Thriller 25 (Legacy / Epic / Sony BMG)
*2 New VARIOUS ARTISTS I Can Only Imagine: Platinum Edition (INO / Time Life)
3 2 GUNS N' ROSES Greatest Hits (Geffen / IGA)
4 4 BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS Legend: The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers (Tuff Gong / Island / UMe)
5 3 TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS Greatest Hits (MCA / UMe)
*6 6 JOURNEY Journey's Greatest Hits (Legacy / Columbia / Sony BMG)
7 5 QUEEN Greatest Hits (Hollywood )
*8 11 MICHAEL JACKSON Number Ones (MJJ / Epic / Sony Music)
9 7 MICHAEL BUBLE It's Time (143 / Reprise / Warner Bros.)
*10 New JEFF BUCKLEY Grace (Columbia / Sony Music)

Thanx for all the news y'all :D

.... "The Beatles will appear soon on iTunes.
Reports claiming music from the band will show up online soon - clearly emanating from within Paul McCartney's inner circle - have been circulating for the past week."

;)Oh-hhhh!
So now the media have actually resorted to directly calling out Sir Paul!

He's remained suspect #1 in regard to using the media to issue unfounded/negative reports against MJ's ownership of the catalogue.

:cool:Hmmm peeps watch, pay attention..& of course, continue to pray!

Either all the anti-MJ stories, where they've alluded to Paul are the truth or lies! Be certain however, that we are all about to find out! As we've seen, it's a new day in Camp MJ & apparently the media's need to reveal Paul's 'camp' as it's 'source' was the result of pressure from the MJ/sony partnership!

Now let's see who the real devils, (enemies of MJ), are.-_-

Interesting... its either true or the papers wanna be starting somethin' lol

Here's some Sony/ATV news. A while back there was news that Sony/BMG wanted to start their own music publishing arm, but need approval from Michael in order for them to proceed.

Yesterday, the New York Post (financial page) reported that Sony/BMG will be moving forward with their publishing plan, and:

"As part of the proposed pact, Sony/ATV Music Publishing - Sony's separate publishing arm headed by Chariman/CEO Martin Bandier - will ADMINISTER copyrights from songwriters and producers signed to Sony BMG, sources said. Financial specifics of the deal are still being negotiated."

RASTA PASTA, can you break that down for us?

It seems to me that Sony/ATV will work for Sony/BMG's new publishing arm and "probably" receive some type of fee for doing so. Aside from what Michael "may" be receiving on a personal level from Sony/BMG, extra income for Sony/ATV is another win-win for MJ.

intresting news. i wondered when we might hear something about that. i hope mj got more than just administrating rights and got a lump sum payment aswell to help with everything thats happening.heshould get paid big for such a deal.lets see the media totally ignore this

Ok! I know that we don't allow RF's s*it here but I have removed his wild guesses and theory just to highlight a flying-pigs moment of this article

*****'s Neverland Falls Prey to Chaos

Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch may temporarily be out of financial peril on Wednesday.

Meantime…

So is Neverland saved? It’s still a bit foggy. But there is some good news on the horizon. The "Thriller 25" album has sold better than anyone imagined. A month later, the revamped package is holding its own in the top 10. Last week, "Thriller 25" was one of the few CDs that actually increased its sales, by 20 percent. It sold almost 50,000 copies. In this economy, with the record biz dead, that’s quite an accomplishment.

At a total 300,000-plus, "Thriller 25" is heading for gold certification with the RIAA. That would be quite an accomplishment for a CD that’s been reissued several times. It also might be a sign of how bad things are in the marketplace. Good music is being drunk like water in the desert!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336991,00.html

mmmh! So now RF is bigging up T25!
This same idoit said Thriller 25 was flop in its second week (yet he praised Janet's cd which did not sale too much more than MIchael's 25 year old cd.:lol: This truley convinced me this man is upset because he is not close to Michael and that Ms. Bain does not let old RF get what he wants).

intresting news. i wondered when we might hear something about that. i hope mj got more than just administrating rights and got a lump sum payment aswell to help with everything thats happening.heshould get paid big for such a deal.lets see the media totally ignore this

A finalized agreement could come as soon as next month. I'm thinking that Sony/BMG will certainly release some type of press statement, announcing that they too are player's in the publishing game.

Which would "probably" include some type of quote from Martin Bandier, stating "how happy Sony/ATV is to be working with Sony/BMG." LOL! You know the regular pleasantries that these statements usually carry.

I will be looking for articles from Brian Garrity (freelancer for the NY Post) and Susan Butler (Billboard.biz). I don't expect Mr. Garrity to mention Michael's name. However, when Ms. Butler writes about Sony/ATV, she usually does mention Michael's name. Time will tell, who has the more DETAILED article regarding this matter.

Here is the full article

IT'S ONLY WORDS

SONY BMG TO FORM MUSIC PUBLISHING ARM

By BRIAN GARRITY

article_storybottom.gif

March 11, 2008 -- Sony and Bertelsmann are close to a deal that could allow their Sony BMG recorded music joint venture to start signing acts to music publishing contracts, sources familiar with the situation said.
As part of the proposed pact, Sony ATV Music Publishing - Sony's separate publishing arm headed by Chairman/CEO Martin Bandier - will administer copyrights from songwriters and producers signed to Sony BMG, sources said.

Sony BMG CEO Rolf Schmidt-Holtz has made no secret of his desire to start a new publishing division within the company, home to Beyonce, Alicia Keys, and Justin Timberlake. The joint venture is the only music label to not have its own dedicated music publishing arm.
Financial specifics of the deal are still being negotiated. A finalized agreement could come as soon as next month, sources said.

Some of Sony BMG's labels are already talking with songwriters and producers about potential publishing deals in anticipation of the agreement's pending completion, sources familiar with the situation said.
Sony BMG did not return requests for comment. Sony ATV declined comment.

Bertelsmann last year sold its separate music publishing arm, BMG Music Publishing, to Universal Music Group for $2 billion.

BMG COO Charles Goldstuck, who began his career as a publishing executive with Warner Music Group's Warner/Chappell, hinted in a Q&A last week at Billboard's Music & Money conference here that a move into publishing is "imminent."

"You can expect that will be an important part of our business," he said. "The up-and-coming writer/producer community has to be fully intertwined with our artist community."

However Goldstuck was quick to caution that the company's focus won't be on big expensive catalogs of older songs that have been selling for hundreds of millions of dollars.

"It's not about us building a catalog," he said. "That, we leave to the majors who do that much better than we ever could."

Exploitation of publishing rights in film and television, video games, ringtones and other digital products has become a valuable source of income for music companies at a time when traditional CD sales are on the decline.
For pop and hip-hop acts, publishing deals also are increasingly viewed as key to getting access to the best material when it comes to beats and songs.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03112008/business/its_only_words_101409.htm

Yeah, after he called it a complete flop just a few weeks ago.
Exaclty. Now look. Idoit. proves he only does "guess" work. he does NOT know "facts". Just like Neverland being in foreclosure. Why was that news? Now if Michael pays it, what will they say? If the ranch was sold then I could understand it making news but not a foreclosure.

Thank you for the news, everyone.

Ain't that something that RF was "singing" a different tune with the report on MJ and NL. What a fool thathe is. I bet he is enjoying that crow.

The Billie Jean nutty woman is at it again and the media is reporting this ish like it was ok. The media need to ask themselves why is the justice system letting that woman file lawsuits against MJ over some crap, why is she not in a mental institution and why is she not jailed for longer periods, say like 10 years?

T25 is STILL doing well!! Whoooooo!!!

:)

Here is the full article

Thanks for posting that, Rasta Pasta. So basically, Sony/BMG won't get into acquisitions of older songs as Sony/ATV tends to be. They just want to have publishing rights with any newly signed artists or artists already on their roster. That's a good solution to the issue of "current competition". However, current and future songs will eventually become the songs of yesterday as time goes on... so in a way they are future competition for Sony/ATV since Sony/ATV won't be able to acquire those songs someday. That's probably where the fee comes in..so Sony/ATV doesn't feel the "future loss" if they're gaining something out it as well. Hope that made sense. Made sense while I was typing it. lol :nerd:

Apple2: please also take into consideration that NYP article on administering rights to Sony-BMG ME may not actually related to speculated separate music publishing company. The deal is just about Sony-BMG ME artists rights to be administered by Sony/ATV MP. Publishing rights for those artists' song may not belong to Sony or BMG at all (with supposed separate publishing company), the publishing rights owner could be whatever company.

However, the deal indeeds brings more money since administering fees now will go to Sony/ATV MP. It should not be forgot that the company is already big enough to be huge rights administerer company like Warner-Timelane, for example.

On the banned one: he always finds excuses how Michael was not actually ever bankrupt or never sold Neverland despite tens of his earlier reports. Also, even though "Thriller 25" is probably wholesold in quantity of about 2 million copies now worldwide, it still gave just like $6 million to Michael Jackson before taxes (taxes may not always apply to profit depending on to where those will go) directly for the album and about like another $1 million from othe albums and media. The sum is not $24 million and in comparison to profits from Sony/ATV MP it is rather small, nothing deciding yet. If Neverland will not be actuaned, then it will be harldy because of exatly success of "Thriller 25" (which is great, of course).

Last edited:
Big Apple2 said:
Sony/BMG CEO Rolf Schmidt-Holtz has gone on record a number of times, saying that "he will do WHATEVER is necessary" so that Sony/BMG can get into the music publishing business. Sony/BMG is the only music label that does not have a publishing arm, and I'm sure Rolf knows the deal. LOL! If you want to make any real money, you MUST be into the publishing end of the music business.

The problem for that Sony-BMG ME guy is that Sony already has 50% stake and actual day-to-day management control in music publishing company -- that is Sony/ATV MP. Since Sony-BMG ME is only 50% owned by Sony, there is no sense for Japanese parent company to dilute investments into two half-owned companies instead of just one half owned company.

No sense at all for Sony, so it is not fact that the parent company will actually vote "yes" for investing in supposed Sony-BMG new publishing venture.

However, the other parent company -- BMG -- does not own anything in music publishing indeed. So that company is probably the source of the commotion. Apparently they do not want to invest all 100% of needed money by themselves, and they do not want new venture to be separate business. It would weaken the company, let aside other major aspects as Sony-BMG ME already having tens of offices arount the world that could be co-used by the new Sony-BMG MP company, which would save costs hugely.

Sony/ATV MP is totally separate entity of Sony-BMG ME and they have over forty of their own offices globally. Imagine if BMG would try to make such company on its own -- it would cost huge money and take big time.

So, in the end, whether Sony-BMG MP will be created depends on what special BMG could offer to Sony that the latter would allow creation of that music publishing devision. As of now, Japanese Sony feels perfectly fine with Sony/ATV MP without creation of another half-owned company. So BMG has to offer something really good to Sony.

Is the deal to allow rights, owned by supposedly formed new publishing company, to be administered by Sony/ATV MP enough for Sony to vote "yes"? Lets see in the future.

Last edited:
Tito is moving to England according to PerezHilton to use as a Jackson family base. He made a couple of offers for luxury homes in North Devon very recently. Source is the Sun though.

MICHAEL Jackson’s family are set to move to Devon, it emerged last night.
The bizarre pop king’s older brother Tito spent the weekend looking at luxury homes in the region to use as a Jackson family UK base.
The multi-millionaire toured top homes and properties in Barnstaple with his long-time friend, martial arts empire owner and celebrity bodyguard Matt Fiddes.
Former Jackson Five member Tito spent time browsing the North Devon Gazette’s Homes and Property supplement, before contacting estate agents and arranging several viewings in villages on the outskirts of Barnstaple.
Matt said Tito had made offers on two properties although he wanted to keep their exact locations under wraps to protect the star’s privacy.
He said: “I’m over the moon that he is looking for a home near me in North Devon and that the Jacksons will be heading this way a lot more often.

“It’s definitely going to happen.
“Tito spoke with Michael on the phone the other night and all the family are certain that this is the area where they want to find a UK family hideaway.
“Tito is staying with me until the weekend but if everything goes through OK, he will soon be able to use the home as a base from which to develop his career in the UK.”
Tito, a judge on successful BBC1 show Just The Two Of Us, believes he can achieve more in the UK than in America.
He said: “I’ve got some good things going in the UK with TV work and book offers, you guys love the Jacksons music and I have great mates like David Gest and Matt who live here.

“It makes sense for me to find a home in this country that I, my brothers and sisters, and family can come to.
“We hope it will be a family hideaway where my brothers and sisters can escape the media attention when we need to.
“North Devon is so beautiful I’m really looking forward to buying a home and being around here a lot more.”
Tito said all his family had shown an interest in staying in England.
He also revealed that Michael and family were recording in the studio again and were “ready for a comeback”.
“Michael likes North Devon, too, as no one bothers him. I can confirm that he has been to Barnstaple on private visits in recent years along with my brother Jermaine and a few other Jackson siblings.
“My family love North Devon and the wonderful countryside and friendly people. I am looking forward to living in Barnstaple and I hope the Barnstaple public will respect our family’s privacy,” said Tito.
“I would also like to thank Matt Fiddes and his family and staff for making us all so welcome they are true friends of the Jackson family.”

Last edited:
This was posted by LeslieMJHu from the KOP
http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=32987&st=20

Here You can see the detailed list of "Thriller 25" sales after the third week of release:

FRANCE: #1 third week in a row! GOLD with 180 ship
NORWAY: #1 (2) this week - for the first time ever Thriller reaches top spot in Norway!!! GOLD with 25K ship
BELGIUM: #1 third week in a row! GOLD with 18.5K ship
INDIA: #1 entry at biggest music chain with 9K ship
GREECE: #1 (6) up this week with 1.8K ship
AUSTRALIA: #2 third week in a row! GOLD with 62K ship
MEXICO: #2 (10) up in overall chart this week with 41K ship
BRAZIL: #2 again this week with 14K ship
DENMARK: #2 again this week with 12K ship
PORTUGAL: #2 (3) up this week with 6.7K ship
SWITZERLAND: #3 (4) up this week! GOLD with 18.5K ship
IRELAND: #3 (2) this week. GOLD with 9K ship
KOREA: #3 again this week with 6K ship
PHILIPPINES: #3 (2) this week with 1.1K ship
JAPAN: #4 (1) this week with 72K ship
SWEDEN: #4 (3) this week. GOLD with 19K ship
POLAND: #4 again this week. GOLD with 8.5K ship
CANADA: #5 (3) this week. GOLD with 55K ship
SPAIN: #5 (2) this week with 30K ship
HONG KONG: #5 (7) up this week with 6K ship
GERMANY: #6 (8) up this week with 55K ship
AUSTRIA: #6 (5) this week with 8K ship
NEW ZEALAND: #6 (3) this week with 6.5K ship
HOLLAND: #7 (2) this week with 20K ship
CZECH REPUBLIC: #7 (9) up this week with 1.4K ship
US: #8 best selling album this week in the US - still #1 on Top Pop Catalog Chart! GOLD ship of over 500K
TURKEY: #8 new entry this week!
UK: #9 (6) this week. GOLD with 146K ship
ITALY: #9 (7) this week with 34K ship
FINLAND: #9 (6) this week with 3K ship
TAIWAN: #10 on int'l album chart with 1.1K ship
HUNGARY: #11 (13) this week with 1.3K ship

1.4 MILLION SHIPPED WORLDWIDE!!!:punk:

European Billboard chart: #2 again this week!!!

Countries where the album received the GOLD status: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US!
veryhappy.gif

Last edited:
Ok guys, I got some news. (I am missing American Idol Results show for this. LOL)

Source: Sister 2 Sister Magazine. April 2008 issue with Chilli from TLC on the cover. Page 15 of the magazine.

The news is about why Michael did not show up at the BET Honors Show.

I read the whole thing and it made sense why MJ did not come. This can finally end the specualtion. (BTW, Jamie Foster Brown writes the "Meow" section of the magazine)

Exactly from the magazine:

Why was Michael Jackson absent from the BET Honors?

Cedric the Entertainer told the same funny jokes during rehearsals for the BET Honors as he did when the cameras rolled. He made fun of Michael Jackson, who was a last minute no-show, citing possible reasons for Michael's absence. "The monkey couldn't get his tuxedo in time," Ced cracked.

I'm told that Michael was asked to be at the January show back in July, but the Tuesday before the ceremony no one had been confirmed to present his award and no one was prepared to perform the tribute to him. Pierre Cossette Productions went back to the drawing board to find a performer (Ne-Yo came through for the taping) but the interviews and career retrospective that would air before Micahel accepted his award had not been written or produced so the superstar bowed out. Once the production company had gotten things together, there wasn't enough time for Michael to make travel arrangements. (Moving Michael takes a lot of preparation and security; he doesn't just put on his coat and walk out the door.)

We hear Michael was very disappointed and had been looking forward to attending the BET Honors. It's great that BET wanted to honor him. He has been a strong supporter of the network since day one when he demanded that Sony, his record label, put his videos on BET and not just MTV.

Thanks for that Bee. Good find.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, (not directed to Bee) and there's no talking about the forbidden one.

Now i think 'bout it...if T25 sold over 500,000 outside US when you multiply it by how much it costes...lets say $25-30(He would get like $125-150Million) OUTOF THE US ONLY!!! ANd if we say like 300000 IN US!!! It would be like $90 Million... And The Betles Catalog...and all The artists under him and Soney...Hes got a lot of $$$$....so from now on if the media says he's Broke...then u'll know its a lie!!! and

Now i think 'bout it...if T25 sold over 500,000 outside US when you multiply it by how much it costes...lets say $25-30(He would get like $125-150Million) OUTOF THE US ONLY!!! ANd if we say like 300000 IN US!!! It would be like $90 Million... And The Betles Catalog...and all The artists under him and Soney...Hes got a lot of $$$$....so from now on if the media says he's Broke...then u'll know its a lie!!! and

but there will be heavy tax and Sony surely will take their share.

I think you better check your math. Besides, Michael doesn't get the entire selling price.

Back